Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Solo Gilgamesh can be mini'd, so that shouldn't be a problem. For Exdeath, just make sure to give Galuf a Reflect Ring for the Crystal fight- Exdeath will do a lot of the work of killing himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Schwartzcough posted:

Solo Gilgamesh can be mini'd, so that shouldn't be a problem. For Exdeath, just make sure to give Galuf a Reflect Ring for the Crystal fight- Exdeath will do a lot of the work of killing himself.

World 2 Reflect grinding :smith:

Actually I could just cast reflect on myself at that point

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Poque posted:

World 2 Reflect grinding :smith:

Actually I could just cast reflect on myself at that point

Also, you have thief. You can just steal one from Reflect Mages in Ex-Death's castle.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Huzzah! posted:

Also, you have thief. You can just steal one from Reflect Mages in Ex-Death's castle.

Yeah, for real Exdeath. I was just concerned with the slog of Galuf's death battle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

edit: I have reading comprehension. :pseudo:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
So about how long does it take them to compile that infographic? I am in desperate need of STATS!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bufuman posted:

So about how long does it take them to compile that infographic? I am in desperate need of STATS!

Last year it came out around the end of September, so I'd expect around the same.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
http://fourjobfiesta.com/infopicture/infopicture2015.png

Infooooo

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I want to know who had Black Mage/Berserker/Bard/Chemist and failed to complete the game with it. Like, how. :psyduck:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

I want to know who had Black Mage/Berserker/Bard/Chemist and failed to complete the game with it. Like, how. :psyduck:
boredom

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Or they had other issues come up in their lives and wandered away from the game. It happens.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ha, I beat all three of the final bosses using a monk! Granted, no one mattered for two of them but the time mage with quick sap, but whatever.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I would still be interested (like a few) to know how many managed to beat the game with every job. But perhaps that's a bit weird for the data parser to pull up?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
I didn't get assigned Monk at all this year, otherwise I would've gone for it.

Compared to the most common set, I got 3 of the jobs at least 3 times each, but Black Mage only once.

For least common, I got Samurai 3 times, Thief twice, Ninja once, and not a single Time Mage (again). :negative:

Looking forward to next year.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

See that one Mime?

I'm that one Mime. :clint:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
So was it ever revealed how the Chaos formula differed from the Random one?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

And now that the fiesta is ultimately and definitively over, everyone who ditched Mega's challenge thread can come back and finish their run. Right?

Right? :negative:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

AlphaKretin posted:

And now that the fiesta is ultimately and definitively over, everyone who ditched Mega's challenge thread can come back and finish their run. Right?

I really should, but I correctly predicted that a single-character challenge was more than I had the patience for. I just can't bring myself to go back to that gimmick crap just yet. I want to at least finish it though, so I'll hopefully be back at some point.

If it makes you feel better, my sense of guilt will eat away at me until I do get off my rear end and back into it. :negative:

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 25, 2015

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Good for those two Classic runs that got the triple crown. :unsmith:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
TOTAL

BERSERKER

VICTORY

AWESOMENESS

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Yea, its not impossible to do that. Curse you life, forcing me out of finishing a run with double zerk goodness. :bahgawd:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Infographic didn't list how many people completed the game with the name Fartz, please fix this RK thx.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, all* berserker parties beat the game.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Wow, all* berserker parties beat the game.

Save for the one that basically threw its hands up and ragequit before it even got all four jobs, yeah.

At the same time, I get the feeling that having hundreds of stream watchers to see you doing "the impossible" (which is actually just throwing things at a wall until they stick with zero input of your own) helps drive it along.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

KataraniSword posted:

Save for the one that basically threw its hands up and ragequit before it even got all four jobs, yeah.

At the same time, I get the feeling that having hundreds of stream watchers to see you doing "the impossible" (which is actually just throwing things at a wall until they stick with zero input of your own) helps drive it along.

Speaking from experience, it definitely helps.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'll never join the Fartz brigade.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I still can't believe there were only 663 triple crowns. Over a hundred of them had to have come from just this thread. I know Kyro and some others did a ton. I did 3 myself.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think I only got 2 out of 6 runs. I didn't have the patience for some teams.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'd have actually had 4 but I didn't finish the 4th in time. Funny part is, Omega and Shinryu were dead before the deadline. Just not Neo.

I also got (and/or bought) easy teams. I like to abuse the game, it entertains me.

The one run I didn't job fair was my favorite run ever though. White/Zerk/Ninja/Chemist was incredible. Most fun I've EVER had with this game. I might buy that party next year just to do that again. Hey, gently caress it, the money is for charity. The only part that sucked was getting to the Water crystal. White mages can't hit for poo poo early game. After I got the Berserkers, it was fullspeed the gently caress ahead

It owned

Ninjas with !White and levels from chemists can throw scrolls for stupid rear end damage.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 25, 2015

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Regardless of new play types next year I highly recommend the 750+BERSERKERRISK combo for anybody and everybody.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Fenrir posted:

I still can't believe there were only 663 triple crowns. Over a hundred of them had to have come from just this thread. I know Kyro and some others did a ton. I did 3 myself.

6 of 7 runs for me. Stupid Knight/Zerker/Geo/Samurai not being able to survive superbosses :negative:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Fenrir posted:

I had it for 8/10 runs. First run was my initial run, Chaos BR with Zerk/Zerk/Dancer/Samurai (Omega countering two Zerks per round + no damage racing or Berserking Shin = single crown!), and the other was a Random team of Blue/Black/Thief/Ninja that I didn't really feel like taking Omega down with (Shin was still doable though), which was more on me than anything. Though in my defense I wasn't aware of the whole Reflect Targetting strategy at the time.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
See, that's what I mean. So many people here in this thread had multiple triple crowns. Hell, I think Kyro had close to 20 of them, and he wasn't the only one.

I really think that 100+ of the 663 came just from posters in SA.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That's why I wish I knew more about how these stats were gathered.

I managed two-and-a-half runs this year, giving up on my third because it was too similar to my second and I just got bored. My first two runs I beat the game and snagged the triple crown, whereas my third I quit right around the first submarine section. Is my initial run the one that counts towards these stats, or my third unfinished run? Does the fact that I tripled crown the game get factored in once, twice, or not at all?

None of this is really that important. It's not keeping me up nights or anything. It's just something I wonder about.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Seafood posted:

That's why I wish I knew more about how these stats were gathered.

I managed two-and-a-half runs this year, giving up on my third because it was too similar to my second and I just got bored. My first two runs I beat the game and snagged the triple crown, whereas my third I quit right around the first submarine section. Is my initial run the one that counts towards these stats, or my third unfinished run? Does the fact that I tripled crown the game get factored in once, twice, or not at all?

None of this is really that important. It's not keeping me up nights or anything. It's just something I wonder about.

Every run counts, actually, so you contributed two triple crowns and a third run that never finished.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Oh, interesting.

Thanks for filling me in.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I did 4 runs and got 4 triple crowns. I always had something that could cheese them (time mage, chemist, beastmaster or bard).

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Yep. I did 4 and finished 3. All of which were triple crowns. Really wish I'd have finished that last one on time but changing jobs and all that, I just didn't get around to it. Would have been nice to be 4 for 4 with 12 boss kills. Maybe next year.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

I started 4 runs, finished 3, and got 1 triple crown. This was my first Fiesta and first time playing FFV, so I didn't know any of the tricks for bending the game over one's knee.

Next year, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If we're counting, I did five runs with two? triple crowns. No incomplete runs because I saw the writing on the wall re: burnout as I finished my fifth run and didn't rereg. Maybe I'll pace myself better next year.

:cawg:

• Locked thread