Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
My wife and I are going to Bora Bora soon and I have some questions. We're staying at the InterContinental Le Moana Hotel for 5 nights in the overwater villas. We've never been travelers and this is the first time traveling internationally. The island looks to be small and touristy enough for everything to be very obvious once we get there (is it?), and we're kind of just going off of to-do items from tripadvisor and blogs.

My questions are:
How do we pay for things? Do we have to go to the bank and get the Tahiti currency?
If so, how much should we bring?
Or can we just use our AmEx? or Visa?
Will US currency be accepted in most places?
Is there anything special we need to bring for the trip and flight?
Have any of you been to Bora Bora and stayed at the InterContinental Le Moana?
If so, what was your experience?
Do you recommend anything specific?
What are some "must-dos"?
I saw that we should be able travel around in bikes no problem - is this true?
Is there a night life?

That's all I can think of for now... Thanks, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

PT6A posted:

Jesus, y'all picked a hell of a place to pop your international travel cherry. I haven't been specifically to Bora Bora, but everywhere else I've been in the first world, you'll be fine with VISA and/or Mastercard for 99% of things. You may be able to get cash before you leave; if not, go to a bank when you arrive and get some there. I don't think USD will be accepted in most places, but euros probably would be if you want to hedge your bets.

It looks most hotels have both 110V and 220V (Europlug) outlets, so you probably won't need plug adapters, but you might consider buying one just in case.

Oh Jesus I had totally forgotten about the outlets. Ok, I got ordered a couple of euro round pin plug adapters. Thank you for mentioning that! I'll probably just use my Chase Preferred card when I'm there since there is no foreign exchange fee on that card.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

PT6A posted:

Oh, this reminds me: pack whatever you can that you might need or want on your first day in your carry-on. When my friends went there, their luggage was lost for a few days, and poo poo's loving expensive there. He's irrationally attached to his $50 flip flops now.

Good call. I'll be sure to remember that. Also, I already own $60 flip flops... :ohdear:

Saladman posted:

Make sure you don't get on the wrong flight and up in Tora Bora ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tora_Bora ). Otherwise you should have an amazing time.

Haha, definitely don't want to end up there.

• Locked thread