Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Every morning I wake up and open palm slam a DVD into my PS2. It's the game GOD HAND and right then and there I start doing the moves alongside with the main character, Gene. I do every move and I do every move hard. Makin' whooshing sounds when I axe kick some demon bastards or even when I mess up technique. Not many can say they saved the world from a 1000 year old demon on level DIE. I can. I say it and I say it outloud everyday to people at work and all they do is prove people in corporate hell can still be immature jerks. ANd I've learned all the lines and I've learned how to make myself and my apartment less lonely by shouting em all. 3 hours including wind down every morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Sounds like zana's daily GOD HAND twitch stream warmup but somehow more efficient and less autistic

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

rude

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Sorry, it was a prank. April fools' bro

FFXV is looking sick

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I always was disappointed you don't fight human form Belze - he already has a ton of HP, they could add 10% more and have him in a suit for a warm-up. Also I never did understand why dizzying him more makes the move more powerful - once the initial dizzyness set it, why would it matter if he's spun his eyes a few times more.

Nice job on a pun name, though - I wonder, Elvis has Elvis' music, Belze is a fly, but how does Sharon's name connect with Chihuahuas?

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Sneak peek of my next let's play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DLZTIB7fA

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
This is too good

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
I can't help but feel the story would've been loads better if the Diamond Dogs just hired Gene and left Snake in the hospital.

And then my dream was realized.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My life has been enriched.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Great!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Awesome!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I love it!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Wow!

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

[whistles]

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

:perfect:

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

There's one update left and this thread cruely lacks fanart. But it's ok, I've got this.

mkob fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 7, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The power of the God Hand broke my tables

and my heart.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
such impetuous styling

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

This is way too static

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does it count as fan art if it's in a different game

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Yeah I guess it does, I'll add that to my cringe folder collection. Also not sure what the guy who edited the enter the gungeon wikia page for the orange meant by this, the orange has graphics therefore it's a reference to a video game? huh?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Unlike everything else in the game (which is sprite-based), the orange has a blocky 3D polygon model that slowly rotates in mid-air, kinda like in God Hand. Wiki dude is just bad at words.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

My life is Now Complete

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

Update #49

I'm glad it's finally over. I'm not interested in showing off the arena challenges due to apathy, feel free to check out KungFuJesus' let's play if you want to see how they look like, either way I doubt I'll ever touch this game ever again. I do have a future let's play plan but this is very hush-hush. I hope you enjoyed the videos, I think they turned out ok, thanks for watching~

:siren::siren::siren: click me :siren::siren::siren:

8-1 Death Shudder
8-2 Tribulation: The Three Trials
8-3 Give It Up For The Champ
8-4 Japan's Elite Obese Ninja
8-5 Afro Fist
Final Stage - The Last Crusade

Maps & MISC

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mkob posted:

either way I doubt I'll ever touch this game ever again.

An era has ended.
Also considering how many times you kicked people in the dick Afro seems to be just Karma. Also Afro is real shout out to Blaxploitation movies that involved Kung fu, things like The Last Dragon.
B-movie Heaven, in short.

(though tbh LPs tend to do that to all people)
[and nice skype notification]

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 11, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

When the hell did the Loading Ready Run guys do Godhand?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Nicely done Mike, you're pretty good.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

When the hell did the Loading Ready Run guys do Godhand?

No idea who they are but it was a couple years ago, one of their viewer gifted them the game and the guy in the video streamed it for 2h.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Congratulations on Completing your Life, great LP. It's always nice to see a deep brawler get LPed thoroughly, and it's particularly nice to see the treatment given to something that was largely overlooked by fighter fans just as much as by the media. You've done good.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the LP! I can definitely understand being burned out, but I appreciate you taking us on this expert tour.

Angra's little finger flick attack is my favorite bit of that fight. :allears: On the flip side, I'm kind of sad that he didn't get dragon kicked into the Milky Way. Oh well.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I just noticed that both of Gene's arms while fighting Angra are Devilhands, probably a graphics bug.

Also, I think it's possible not to have Shaolin Blast in the Angra fight, does the game gives the move regardless.

At last final time: even if you're never going to play this game, know that the legend will never die, you are awesome.

mkob
Feb 23, 2013

It doesn't matter whether or not you didn't get Shaolin Blast, the game just adds another roulette slot for you and automatically equips Double Shaolin. Also thanks!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm not really sure why you spliced in that guy's reactions to Godhand considering it, at best, seems like your message is "look at this rube who didn't experience this mechanically obfuscated fighting game with horrible homophobic and misogynistic overtones when it came out, when these things could be laughed off"

But congrats on finally finishing this LP, it definitely seemed like a slog since chapter 5 or 6 onward. I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned next.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Wow that post was so gay it stunned this entire thread to silence for hours.

Mike thanks for not following through on that Rickroll.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
I have to admit, i did not think that was actually the real God Hand theme song.

Thanks for playing this so I didn't have to. I think I probably would have gotten pissed off after the first few stages and ragequit in disgust.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
A+ stuff there, dude, congrats on finishing GODHAND and showing us all how great it can be.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
For me, the toughest part of the last area is the very first part with all the elite minions and Tiger Joe.

Anyhow, gratz on the LP, it's been a fun run to watch.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
It's a shame that , in the end, Tiger Joe couldn't compete without using a Demon's power. It'd be nice if his transformation be dependent on whether you used roulette attacks/unleash in the cave fight.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

death .cab for qt posted:

I'm not really sure why you spliced in that guy's reactions to Godhand considering it, at best, seems like your message is "look at this rube who didn't experience this mechanically obfuscated fighting game with horrible homophobic and misogynistic overtones when it came out, when these things could be laughed off"

No,the joke is he's being a smug,pretentious shitlord about it.

Edit: I can picture this guy giving the same kinda commentary about pretty much anything. Take Road Warrior: :smug:"Wow, the big bad wears a mask,how original." "A bunch of psychopathic men wearing assless chaps,soooooo PC." "Onscreen rape? Classy,Miller." :smug:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

VolticSurge posted:

No,the joke is he's being a smug,pretentious shitlord about it.

Edit: I can picture this guy giving the same kinda commentary about pretty much anything. Take Road Warrior: :smug:"Wow, the big bad wears a mask,how original." "A bunch of psychopathic men wearing assless chaps,soooooo PC." "Onscreen rape? Classy,Miller." :smug:

I'm, uh, not really seeing anything smug or pretentious about the commentary. For someone who hasn't become numb to Mikami's brand of relentless sexism, it's a pretty unpleasant departure from the norm, even in videogames.

• Locked thread