Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Just looking at the thread is enough to get the music stuck in my head. This should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Elvis!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I notice that in the KMS run you occasionally open up the roulette wheel and cancel out of it. Is that just to give yourself a breather, or is there some other purpose?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

There are powerups that extend your God Hand meter, so I doubt it's percentages. I think there's just some notion of points, and you get 6-12 for taunting depending on the difficulty level.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

This is amazing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I managed to finish the game on Easy a few times. I tried Normal, but I always got my rear end kicked as soon as I got the difficulty up to 3 and ran into something tougher than the common thugs. Watching this I can definitely see some of the reasons why--I definitely relied too much on hard-hitting moves and not enough on strategy.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Are you at least going to show off #51?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Felix's "I bet you not really popular in Hell!" comeback is one of my favorite lines in the game. Everything about it is just perfect.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I prefer it the way it is now, but I don't have a particularly strong feeling about it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Karate

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

And on a bus, to boot.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That was beautiful. What's the bit at the end from?

Edit: Found it.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 17, 2015

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I like Felix. He comes across as a believably stupid character.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Einander posted:

The God Hands are like solar panels, and the God Brace is basically a battery. Gene doesn't need to use the full force of the God Hand on everything he runs across, so the Brace builds up the extra. Azel uses the energy immediately and anything he doesn't use is wasted, while Gene gets to unleash a much larger amount of asskicking when it's actually useful.

That's why Gene gets to be invincible when he unleashes while Azel just has a larger normal health bar, and why Gene's roulettes are unholy forces of death and destruction while Azel just gets fancier attacks. (They're on fire!)

This isn't right. Azel will use his Godhand later, and he's invincible just like Gene. And Azel's roulette attacks are the same as Gene's; they just don't get the slowdown effect that you're used to seeing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Madworld had a lot of the people behind God Hand working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'm really hoping that someone will LP it, if anyone's looking for ideas.

• Locked thread