Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
Ground floor of one of the greatest games, of what's going to be one of the greatest LPs.

I want to see you clear Arena Match 51 KMS-style with no cheese. I can tell from watching that you can do it. I just want to see it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

mkob posted:

This KMS playthrough is played on a fresh Hard difficulty save, fresh meaning I'm starting the game from scratch, and it is pure raw (kickass) gameplay with no commentary but with custom soundtrack. Songs used will always be in the video description.
:eyepop:

This is gonna be gooooood

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

Szurumbur posted:

I'm mostly asking because you have amazing timing with regards to counters and such - mashing up on the right stick is one thing, but consistently kicking fatties just as they fly at you really is something else. You're really great at this game, I think the only way the LP could be better is if there were a co-commentator who had just finished the game for the first time, so you'd have someone yelling "OMG how did you do that!?" at every turn :v:
I think his demonstrations work best as they are now; subtitled video. The text is concise, relevant, timely, doesn't stay for an aggravatingly long time, and doesn't distract from the action.

I've made a couple of 100% clear files, could do Event 51 without Chain Yanker/Yes Man Kablam cheese, and even though I haven't played in months, I've still got most of my skill. I can still beat my own rear end. I've learned a few nifty new tricks from these videos (roulette wheel facing next target, sidestep cancel), but as far as actually punching things goes, I feel like I've hit my ceiling. It absolutely pales in comparison to this beyond-next-level poo poo right here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who stares at these videos with the most :haw: face imaginable.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

I want to sacrifice my vote to nullify a Carnival vote, because Gene doesn't need a dumb fetish costume to humiliate enemies. :colbert:

If I can't unvote a choice, count this as a vote for literally any other costume or no costume.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

I'm rather curious if you're going to complete the entire game without giving up a single hit for the main run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

God Hand Bible posted:

Special Combos

Want to know what tricks the pros use? Then look no further. Here are some tricks that will help you in a variety of situations. I also put in a few tricks that I personally use. Assume that any time a “+” is used that you should use a dodge for canceling, though it isn’t always necessary for every one of these combos.

Chain Yanker + Yes Man Kablaam + Yes Man Kablaam + Reaction
This is a godly combo to say the least. Watch your tension skyrocket with this. If you’re fast enough, you can also get in a couple normal hits before you do the reaction command.

High Side Kick Spamming
Get an enemy against a wall (or a corner if possible) and spam the move. The enemy will sometimes try to jump out of it, but keep your timing and the enemy can sometimes get back into the spamming. You can also use side-dodging to help control which direction in which he will try to escape from. This works against male enemies better because female enemies fall to the ground very fast. Also, you can stop the spamming after doing it for a few seconds and then hit the enemy with a normal attack to dizzy them.
:allears:
I'm sure these pros were really good at God Hand to develop such intricate techniques to curbstomp demons in gorilla suits.

• Locked thread