Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would You Like A Michelada
This poll is closed.
Yes Please! 29 35.37%
Of Course! 7 8.54%
Goku 33 40.24%
Its 5 o'clock somewhere! 13 15.85%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Had to cancel my lada plans because of work and donating blood--maybe they'll let me sub it out for the juice (haha I tease)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

fyodor posted:

abhorrent seems a little strong. this is a friendly michi zone.

I cannot abide flat beer in my michis, this will not stand, this transgression will not stand, man

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
AHAHAHAHAHAH HHAHAH HTHIS IS loving HILARIOUS; M AHAHA MY AHAH MHY GOD THIS AHAHAH AIS SO loving FUNNY AHAHAJSJUSESJSUS JESUS SCHRIST MAKE IT SOTP loving \GOLD MATE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

But Not Tonight posted:

I cannot abide flat beer in my michis, this will not stand, this transgression will not stand, man

Oh I agree flat is terrible, but when you're chilling out with the boys, having a good time, maybe watching Los Doyers play some division leading quality ball, it is much more efficient to just make one big pitcher than constantly be making to order, ya know!

I've been going 1 cup clamato to each tallboy of beer, but I think maybe cutting down would improve taste since it might be a little overpowering?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

mindphlux posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAH HHAHAH HTHIS IS loving HILARIOUS; M AHAHA MY AHAH MHY GOD THIS AHAHAH AIS SO loving FUNNY AHAHAJSJUSESJSUS JESUS SCHRIST MAKE IT SOTP loving \GOLD MATE

I'm really glad you are enjoying my thread so much (:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Nooner posted:

Oh I agree flat is terrible, but when you're chilling out with the boys, having a good time, maybe watching Los Doyers play some division leading quality ball, it is much more efficient to just make one big pitcher than constantly be making to order, ya know!

I've been going 1 cup clamato to each tallboy of beer, but I think maybe cutting down would improve taste since it might be a little overpowering?

8 oz of clamato to 16 oz of beer is way too much. "Making them to order" consists of pouring a beer in a mug, then topping off with a splash or two of tomato and then seasoning, your laziness is unacceptable!!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Thread reminded me I picked up a couple big bottles of Corona and Maggi jugo at the latin market a couple of weeks ago when I was there for salsa verde ingredients. I think I'll enjoy some micheladas this afternoon. Thanks, thread.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Probate mindphlux to add a little Latin kick to this thread!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

But Not Tonight posted:

8 oz of clamato to 16 oz of beer is way too much. "Making them to order" consists of pouring a beer in a mug, then topping off with a splash or two of tomato and then seasoning, your laziness is unacceptable!!

I use tallboys so it is 8oz to 24oz beer, but next time I make one I'm trying it your way sounds like a whole new ballgame from how I've always had them before!

Also I used fresh squeezed limes and went a little heavier on lime or today's and hot drat is it good, the effort of fresh squeezing them is worth it!

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Woops, thought it was 16 oz for some reason. I don't know why I said 3:1 ratio when I don't make them that way, you just seemed really hung up on having a lot of clamato in your beer so I tossed that out there to make it easier for you. Fresh squeezed limes are the way to go, rim your mug with them and salt it up for even better tastes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

But Not Tonight posted:

rim your mug with them and salt it up for even better tastes.

What kind of amateur hour bullshit do you take me for, of course rim the glass with lime juice and salt/spice!

I will definitely try going way lighter on clamato on next batch, I'm sure will also be delicious since you can't go wrong with modelo especial

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

goons im drinking micheladas right now to honor the troops

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
Kick start your michelada by adding a shot of tequila to it and turn it in to a vampiro. Also, try mixing rimming salt and tajin together for your rim.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Nooner posted:

Also I used fresh squeezed limes and went a little heavier on lime or today's and hot drat is it good, the effort of fresh squeezing them is worth it!

'Atta boy!!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ada shatan posted:

Kick start your michelada by adding a shot of tequila to it and turn it in to a vampiro. Also, try mixing rimming salt and tajin together for your rim.

:vince:

cementsocks
Jun 28, 2007
Zombies, Zombies, Zombies
I'm of the opinion that, the hotter the weather gets, the better your lada tastes. Today would have been perfect for one in sunny new york!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

cementsocks posted:

I'm of the opinion that, the hotter the weather gets, the better your lada tastes. Today would have been perfect for one in sunny new york!

Oh without a doubt the final "secret" ingredient for the perfect michi is sunshine and good vibes :cheers:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

the weather is heating up perfect time to share a michi with friends and lovers.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

When I was still in foodservice, that was my favorite thing to do when working days. Myself and a few of the cooks would go next door to the ostioneria and get us a bunch of michis and bunch of ostiones around 2-3 p.m. during Texas summers and get drunk as heck and slam those little bivalves down.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Just checking in because I love micheladas, I don't really do the clam juice mainly because right now I don't live in a civilized society. Long story short, I gather up all the brown umami sauces that just about every culture provides and dump it into my beer with some homemade hot sauce and lime juice, a healthy crack of salt and some pepper. Here's what goes into mine:

Oyster sauce
Soy Sauce
Fish Sauce
Worchestershire Sauce
Spicy Maggi

It's a great way to jazz up lovely beer. Welp I'm going to the grocery store to get some beer.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Picked up a bottle of clamato. Don't let me down, thread. This sounds awful in every way and I am trying it despite my reservations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Butch Cassidy posted:

Picked up a bottle of clamato. Don't let me down, thread. This sounds awful in every way and I am trying it despite my reservations.

Trust in the clamato it sounds strange before you try it but it turns out it is really good.

Especially when you add cerveza, lime, salt, Worcestershire, and hot sauce :getin:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

It wasn't bad. But nothing I would drink again while sober.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Butch Cassidy posted:

huh, sorry but I think you did it wrong :shrug:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

ada shatan posted:

Thess are amazing.

The super shady bar version is to order a beer, a bloody mary, and an empty glass. I could not get the bartender's head wrapped around what I wanted so I had to show him.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Butch Cassidy posted:

Give a michelada cubana a try. No tomato juice/clamato. That's my go to.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Eat This Glob posted:

Give a michelada cubana a try. No tomato juice/clamato. That's my go to.

So just beer/lime/hot sauce/Worcestershire?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Nooner posted:

So just beer/lime/hot sauce/Worcestershire?

And Maggi Jugo (available at any hispanic market) or soy sauce, yeah. Lime with salt and cayanne rimmed glass.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

And Maggi Jugo (available at any hispanic market) or soy sauce, yeah. Lime with salt and cayanne rimmed glass.

Yeah, this is how we usually do them. Except I rarely use a glass, just dump a spoon full into the can.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've never heard of the maggi jugo i will look into it.

in the mean time, I need a new juicer cause I hate the current one I have. I was looking at those squeeze ones, but then saw this for even cheaper!:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CJ625-30-Watt-34-Ounce/dp/B001EU9VSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433272355&sr=8-1&keywords=citrus+juicer

what do you guys think, anyone more knowledgeable that can tell me whether this would be better or worse?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner posted:

I've never heard of the maggi jugo i will look into it.

in the mean time, I need a new juicer cause I hate the current one I have. I was looking at those squeeze ones, but then saw this for even cheaper!:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CJ625-30-Watt-34-Ounce/dp/B001EU9VSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433272355&sr=8-1&keywords=citrus+juicer

what do you guys think, anyone more knowledgeable that can tell me whether this would be better or worse?

i think it's helpful that amazon offers a button to order 4 juicers at a time

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

You can buy Hispanics at a market?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

fyodor posted:

i think it's helpful that amazon offers a button to order 4 juicers at a time

I dont think someone quiet understands how much michi' action is going down at the Nooner Residence!!

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp
Sounds like a great drink OP!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

we're getting the tropical remnants of a hurricane here in southern california so you know what that means: it's michi o'clock

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
THESE ARE loving GREAT NECRONOMICON LEVEL DEATH THROES POST BUMPS, KEEP 'EM COMING CREW, THREAD IS GONNA MAKE IT FOR SURE, YALL ARE THE loving BEES KNEES OF GBS GWS NO WAIT GBS GBS AHAHA I FORGET IT S ALL SO COMPLICATED

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

mindphlux posted:

THESE ARE loving GREAT NECRONOMICON LEVEL DEATH THROES POST BUMPS, KEEP 'EM COMING CREW, THREAD IS GONNA MAKE IT FOR SURE, YALL ARE THE loving BEES KNEES OF GBS GWS NO WAIT GBS GBS AHAHA I FORGET IT S ALL SO COMPLICATED

you seem upset have you even tried a michelada yet?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

if you are too tired from your 18 hour shift as a line cook you can pick up one of these at the store:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've been enjoying several michelada's on my roof with my roommate lately, they're very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

fyodor posted:

if you are too tired from your 18 hour shift as a line cook you can pick up one of these at the store:

This looks interesting I'll have to check it out!

• Locked thread