Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dylan James

"Yeah, Mom, I gotta let ya go! They need me out there! .....I love ya too! Bye! Geez, finally, some action!"

Dylan had been in the middle of his weekly phone conversation with his mother when the call came out. Dylan skates his way to the launch bay, quickly changing into his plugsuit and getting into his Eva.

"Alright guys, everything good? Cool! I'm gonna knock this Angel outta the park like the Bambino!"

After preparations are finished, EVA-03 is deployed into the downtown sector. "Let's rock!"

quote:

Dylan James

High Concept: Prep School Brat
Banter: Actually Pretty Popular
Action: Don't Piss Me Off
Intrigue: Lie My Way Out Of A Paper Bag
Omega: Loves His Mom

+5: Provoke
+4: Athletics, Contacts, Deceive
+3: Empathy, Notice, Rapport, Will
+2: Combat, Physique, Vehicles
+1: Burglary, Stealth

PStress: OOOO
MStress: OOO

Stunts:

You Got A loving Problem?: Once a session, use Provoke in place of Empathy. Because that's what Dylan usually resorts to.

I Got A Guy: Dylan can spend a Fate Point to have a contact he can consult about a current subject.

Don't Let Them See Me: When trying to stay out of trouble, Dylan gets a +2 to Stealth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan sighs heavily at Pax's question. "Ya fuckin' me? Ya really don't know about Babe Ruth? Geez, we gotta get you to a baseball game someday. Anyway, where's this drat Angel anyway?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James
P: OOOO
M: OOO
FP: 5/5

"Great, I'm all wet. Don't even got any backup here. This is wonderful. Whatevah, let's see what we're dealing with here."

Dylan stops complaining long enough to bunker down and take a good look at the Angel, trying to ascertain anything about it.

Notice
Waffleman, ---++3 = 1
No good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Jesus, this sucks! I think the water's leakin' into my cockpit! I gotta get outta this drat river." Dylan disconnects his Eva for now and makes his way towards the Angel just as it grabs Unit 02.

"Hey, you Martian freak! Hands off!" He raises his rifle and shoot off a few rounds at it as it's distracted.

Combat roll: 2 and gonna use Three Way Flanking to bump it up to 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"gently caress yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about! You're gonna be fuckin' chowdah by the time we're done with ya!"

Eva-03 kneels down and takes advantage of the bedlam and confusion to fire off a few more shots.

Combat Roll: 1
Invoking Keep Steady and Forewarned to make it a 5

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Jesus Christ, Wonder Twins! You two can do it!" Dylan strafes around the Angel, keeping his rifle trained on the thing as he watches things unfold.

ARB rolled a goddamn 11, the fight's probably over by now, so I'm not doing anything this round.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan is leaning over, toweling the LCL out of his hair and nods in response to Jagr's acknowledgement. As the superior officer berates Franklin, Dylan flashes him a silent look that says "Hey, don't worry about that rear end in a top hat."

If only that dickhead headmaster at ol' St. Tommy's could see me now, he thinks,

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan sighs heavily and leans back. "Jee-ZUS. What a buncha bullshit, huh? I dunno about you, but I'm fuckin' hungry. Anyone wanna grab a bite?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Heh, ya won't regret it. I know this place that makes the best chowdah in Boston."

I'm fine with whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Nah, if it was baseball, we'd be eatin' Cracker Jack. You don't know what chowdah is? It's like a clam stew. Trademark New England dish. It's Friday, so we should be able to get a good deal." Dylan shakes his head at Pax's ignorance of the holy broth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan's taking the gang to Young's, which is a small family-owned seafood restaurant in town. Most of the workers are all part of the Young family, in fact. Dylan comes here often, so the staff knows him pretty well.

"Finally made some friends, did ya Dylan?" A waitress teases.

"Ah, shaddap, Annie. They're people from work."

"Look at you, workin' man. Take a seat and I'll come get ya drinks."

Dylan leads the others to a booth near the back. "Best seats in the house!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Man, don't sweat it, Franklin. poo poo happens, alright?"

He turns to Annie, picking up a chip and tossing it into his mouth. Of course Annie knew to start with the chips, she's a doll like that. "It's Friday, whaddaya think I'm havin'? Clam chowdah, Annie. Get whateva you want, guys. It's on my tab."

"So we're not getting paid for it is what you're saying?"

"Shush, Annie."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Er...yeah, we do." It took Dylan until after his first spoon of chowder to notice that Annie was still there, and he talks to her while absentmindedly crushing saltines and sprinkling them in. "What's up, Annie? Ain't your dad gonna get mad at you for slackin' off?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Hey! I resemble that remark, Annie!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"That coulda.....that coulda gone better." Dylan takes another spoonful of his chowder.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Five Days Ago

"So, how have things been at NERV?"

"The hell you wanna know that for, bro?"

Dylan had always enjoyed a....tepid relationship with his older brother Marcus. He represented everything about St. Tom's that Dylan hated, and it was even worse now that they were living together again.

"Because I want to know if my little brother is safe."

"Yeah, it's fine, whateva."

"By the way, it's time for bed."

"THE gently caress, IT'S GODDAMN NINE."

Four Days Ago

Dylan finds himself in the principal's office. This is a familiar place for him. He was caught asleep in class. He brushes off the stern lecture of the principal, who hasn't even gotten to know what he's capable of yet.

Three Days Ago

Dylan has some synch tests after school. He's getting better at it, though it's not very much progress.

Two Days Ago

Some fish and chips at Young's for dinner! Annie talked a bit more with Dylan about being at NERV and piloting the EVAs. She said it was odd for someone as young as him to be working so hard. Dylan reminded Annie that she was only 17, and she got in a huff.

Now

Dylan's EVA gets into position as he gets a visual on the Angel. "Jesus, the gently caress is that thing? We gonna keep fightin' even more of this Hellraiser poo poo? You guys gettin' anything on this thing?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"MotherFUCKER!" Son of a bitch, this guy's messing with Dylan's friends. It's time for Dylan to do the thing he knows best: talk big. Maybe if he can get the Angel's attention off Franklin, the attack will stop.

"Hey, you non-Euclidean piece of poo poo! Why don'tcha fight us like a man......alien....tower.....whateva the gently caress you are?!"

Provoking to create an advantage!
poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Pressure's what I'm best at!"

EVA-03 runs to the side of the Angel while the others attack it, finding any suitable cover, pulling out its gun, and laying down a few quick bursts of suppressing fire. "Look over here, rear end in a top hat!"

Provoking to create advantage Covering Fire
8!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Dammit, it got away from me!" Dylan rushes around the perimeter of the battlefield, finding a more advantageous position flanking the Angel and using Franklin's distraction to get a few shots off. "Gotcha, bitch!"

Attacking with Combat: 6 and using Superlative Defense to bring it to an 8.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James
P: OOOX
M: XXX

Phys def with athletics:3. 1 stress.
Mental def with will: 2. That's 3. Darn.

Dylan jumps out of the way, the attack just grazing him, but he's not so lucky to avoid the mental attack. His synch fluctuates wildly as he freezes in place.

"AAAAAH! gently caress, WHAT'S HAPPENING?! IT'S IN MY HEAD!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James
P: OXXX
FP: 4/5
Consequence: Pounding Headache

Taking a consequence.
Defending with Physique: 1. Spending a Fate Point to bump it up to 3

ATTACKING P/N WITH COMBAT :getin: http://orokos.com/roll/312196 :shobon:

What's going on.....Pax....Noah....enemy!

Grabbing his head in pain, Dylan holds up his gun and starts shooting wildly in Pax and Noah's direction. "AAAAAH!!!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan has had his head in his hand ever since he got out of his plug, and more oddly, he hasn't said a word. He let that thing get to him, he fired at Pax and Noah. What the gently caress was wrong with him? As the debriefing ends, he stays in his seat, silent and clutching his still-aching head.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

As Pax and Noah leave, Dylan hangs his arms down, sighs, and speaks for the first time since leaving his plug.

"I....really kinda hosed up there, didn't I?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"I'm goin'."

Dylan gets up without another word and heads out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James
FP:4/5

Dylan picks his head up and manages a weak smile. "Yeah, I guess it could be worse. The Yankees could be in the finals."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Baseball, Hannah. It's baseball."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Dylan? Did something happen at work? We can talk about it, you know."

"Go away, Marcus."

Marcus makes to speak up, but sighs and walks off. Dylan has spent most of the last 5 days in his room, only coming out for school, food, and work. On the fifth day, he finally managed to drag himself out to Young's.

"The usual, Annie." He orders with none of his usual enthusiasm, worrying the waitress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"It ain't what they did, it's what I did. I messed up on our last mission and put the Wonder Twins in danger. The whole thing was a clusterfuck. I think NERV might be hiding something from us, and everyone's just kinda on edge."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan sighs and looks down at Annie's hands. "As much as I'd like to, I...actually feel useful doin' this stuff. And it feels nice being able to tell those St. Tommy's assholes who said I'd never amount to anything to suck it. I just....I just gotta do better next time, is all."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"The hell's goin' on? You forget to pay the power bill, pops?"

Man, this was a bad idea. If Jagr wasn't Dylan's superior, he'd be the textbook picture of a stranger not to take a ride from. Dylan could tell immediately that Jagr had an ulterior motive, and once the questions about the Wonder Twins came up, he was positive.

"How the hell am I gonna get to my Eva now?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Great, this is just great. Hope we don't have an Angel attack."

Dylan looks around with the flashlight and sighs at Jagr's insistence. "Look, I ain't seen the Wonder Twins outside of the base since the last attack."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"What the hell?! Hey Frankie! Frankie! gently caress, I can't even hear myself think!"

Realizing his opportunity, Dylan turns to Jagr. "HEY POPS, YOU'RE A DICK!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan looks down at Jagr, then back up at Franklin and points to Jagr with a look that says "He's an rear end in a top hat, but he's still our boss!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan grabs the chair, unfolding it and rolling it towards Jagr.

"You got any idea where we wanna go, Hollywood?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

"Jesus, there's blood everywhere. We gotta get him there fast!"

Dylan looks around as Jagr is loaded into the chair.

"So, which way's medical?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan attempts to help Franklin in lifting Jagr.

Physique: 0

But his hands are slippery with blood.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Who the gently caress does this guy think he is? There's a lot of things happening all at the same time, and Dylan's not sure which one to address first.

"Well, I ain't ever had to carry a fuckin' dyin' guy before, okay?! We don't got time for this, Hollywood, there's some kinda shootout! Who the gently caress's gonna be firing guns in HQ? You think the Angel's in here or something?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James
FP: 6/5

"Look, Hollywood. I'm tryin' my fuckin' best. Guess what? Sometimes people die. Get used to it, rear end in a top hat. I've never had to lug a goddamn half a body up a flight of stairs. I'm not a fuckin' soldier! I'm just some kid that got kicked out of prep school! If I didn't hafta do this to make a life for myself, do you think I woulda done it? Hell fuckin' no! But I gotta. So why don't you stop givin' me the business and let's go see how the others are doing. Don't want them to die too."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James
FP: 6/5

"Alright, Hollywood, we either find a way outta here ourselves, or regroup with what's gotta be the others over there. I think if we get past them, we can get to our EVAs and get some leverage on these guys."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dylan James

Dylan reaches out, but makes sure to keep in cover. "Hollywood, the gently caress you doin'?!"

• Locked thread