Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

only temporary posted:

Seriously though, Dean Ambrose as a Stone Cold, anti-authority character would be really cool and they need to push it

I've seen this for a long time. It strikes me that they have proxies for the three major pillars of the attitude era main event scene. Ambrose is a great proxy for Stone Cold, he's a brawler who's a goddamn lunatic and is legitimately unhinged enough that you think he's got a chance against five on one odds. Rollins is an excellent proxy for Triple H, he's a scheming mastermind who runs away most of the time, but can actually bring it in the ring when push comes to shove, I mean he even uses the Pedigree now. Reigns is a good proxy for the Rock, he's got great physical charisma and plays into the early Rock "Golden Boy" gimmick before doing some really legit stuff to get the crowd to begin to turn for him.

You keep these three at the top and you've actually got something to build on.

Also, side note, I've really been enjoying Cena's U.S. championship run. It feels like the absolute perfect spot for him and I loved his post Payback promo where he's like "Somebody is going to beat me, it's just a matter of time." It shows a level of humility that I feel his character should have but has been lacking for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

VoLaTiLe posted:

Two things

1: John Cena segments have been so much more entertaining since he has been putting the US title over. He has legitimately in my mind been putting over some of the better NXT wrestlers and if it continues like this I don't mind if we keep getting "LoL cena winz" every week.

The Kevin Owens segment this week shows how cool this is as they didnt even need to fight both dudes looked strong and it left you wondering what would happen if they did fight. I'm really starting to like Owens also what do the crowd chant is it "Fight or flight?"

Nightmare scenario: The US Title match at EC becomes title vs title, and Cena becomes the NXT Champion.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

VoLaTiLe posted:

The Kevin Owens segment this week shows how cool this is as they didnt even need to fight both dudes looked strong and it left you wondering what would happen if they did fight. I'm really starting to like Owens also what do the crowd chant is it "Fight or flight?"

They're chanting "Fight Owens Fight," which I gather is an adaptation of his indie chants of "Fight Steen Fight" and "Kill Steen Kill."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Between putting it up in a Chamber match and initially giving it to Bryan, it really seems like the IC title is going to be booked in the old Big Gold Belt WHC position now. That's pretty much what everyone was hoping for after the merge.

On the Tag title end of things, a 12-man EC match is going to be a massive clusterfuck and I love it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

They're chanting "Fight Owens Fight," which I gather is an adaptation of his indie chants of "Fight Steen Fight" and "Kill Steen Kill."

Iirc it changed from kill to fight after he had a kid.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

Iirc it changed from kill to fight after he had a kid.
It was after Sandy Hook I think

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Guys I feel like Jimmy Jacobs is swinging his dick around in the writers room

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Golashes posted:

If there's a raw within driving distance the week before or the next night you'll get a better bang for your buck. otherwise with the way ticket reselling currently works I'd just get them when it's most convenient for you off of stubhub unless you can buy direct off of ticketmaster (lol no)
yeah, but if i'm gonna pay $60 for raw tickets, i'd rather drop $100 for a ppv.

is that what i'm looking at for a ppv? i've really never looked at wwe ticket prices, and i imagine in a market like la it'll be higher than average.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Nightmare scenario: The US Title match at EC becomes title vs title, and Cena becomes the NXT Champion.

But that would own?

Also, guys, I'm starting to feel optimistic about WWE, it's weird

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That was the first Raw I watched all the way through since the post-Mania one. Pretty fun show overall. Maybe having only two weeks to build a PPV isn't a bad thing, since it makes WWE actually DO STUFF on their TV rather than just fill time.

Edit: I'm not getting too excited about the Ambrose push just yet. To me it seemed like he's a "we gotta fill time on this C-level PPV event" guy. They don't want to beat Reigns, they don't want to beat Orton, they just needed a guy who the crowd likes that they could beat. Once we get closer to Summerslam he'll be feuding with Dolph Ziggler or something.

He'd be a good candidate for the MITB briefcase if they actually want to get behind him though. We'll see.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 19, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KungFu Grip posted:

I am just sad that Luke Harper and Eric Rowan wont be squeezed into a single pod. But for real gonna be disappointed if the match would be single elimination.
I bet they take out Los Matadores and take their spot in the match

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

HAPPY MAY 19TH EVERYONE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEw3Z8agGew

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

triplexpac posted:

He'd be a good candidate for the MITB briefcase if they actually want to get behind him though. We'll see.

Definately behind this if they had him popping out of nowhere trying to cash in on Seth only for Seth to somehow escape.

Dean has had some great matches and I loved the rivarly he had with Seth until the anime ghost ruined it in HITC

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

That's the kind of mainstream exposure Raw needs.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Thauros posted:

I'm tracking down Raw for the Steen segment, because holy poo poo that sounds awesome. I wonder with them doing this on a special event with at east some build means that they might actually put him over. I like many have said from the beginning that the US Open Challenge gimmick would be a fanastic way to push a debuting talent but I doubted that they'd actually do it.

It would be perfect the ending was the same as Owens/Zayn except instead of winning by stoppage Owens lost by DQ.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
why would anyone want Lana to stick with Rusev the dude is a washed up jobber who's about to be friendzoned

and besides Ziggy always gets the girls :dealwithit:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I look forward to Dolph selling the Accolade by literally severing his own spinal cord.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I bet they take out Los Matadores and take their spot in the match

What if they came out wearing matador costumes

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

So it turns out Daniel Bryan was the only thing holding the WWE back all along.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Writer Cath posted:

That's the kind of mainstream exposure Raw needs.

Seriously though. Continuity and Cucking should be the title of Jacobs' autobiography

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Motherfucker, I want more Owens/Cena promos. It's such a fertile area, and there's such a great contrast between John "I won't have kids because I'm 100% dedicated to WWE" Cena and Kevin Owens: sociopathic family man.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

remember that one time Dean Ambrose beat Bray Wyatt?

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Davros1 posted:

John Cena the monster heel NXT champion would own.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I like to imagine Kane still freaks out whenever someone says that because I love the idea of Corporate Kane being in a meeting and just chokeslamming the VP of Sales or something for saying May 19th.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Can't wait for Rusev to do a Eurovision version "The Ballad of Lana"

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 19, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Another good thing about running PPVs two weeks apart: the best Raws are the post-PPV shows. This way we get more of them! Maybe they should run a PPV every Sunday, that way every Raw could be both a post-PPV and go home show at the same time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

remember that one time Dean Ambrose beat Bray Wyatt?

i think he has a win over bray but i can't remember what it was so it couldn't have been that good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't wait for The Champ to beat that fat midget jobber they sent out. Should have been Cena vs. Slater if they were going that route smh

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Can't wait for the night after Elimination Chamber for the 30 minute main of Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose, champion vs champion.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

i think he has a win over bray but i can't remember what it was so it couldn't have been that good

Tribute to the Troops

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

At first I thought Owens line about fighting Cena but not until it's on his own terms was just typical tough guy heel backing down from a fight but doesn't want to sound like a chump, and thought "Oh it'd be cool if they remember this once Owens moves to the main roster so they can call back to it, but they probably won't because this is a poo poo company run by stupid retard idiot fuckers"

Then I saw him talking to HHH briefly and said "Hey Owens would make a cool surprise enforcer for the authority and could be way better muscle than Kane, but he probably won't because this is a poo poo company run by stupid retard idiot fuckers"

Seconds later, Renee interviews him and he has a title match against John Cena in 2 weeks and my entire worldview shattered like glass turning back into sand

That match gonna own, tag match gonna own, dean/seth gonna own until the 90th gently caress finish in a row.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oatgan posted:

Tribute to the Troops

That's not canon, so it doesn't count.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The jobberification of Rusev begins.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Lana kept slipping out of her accent in her promo. I hope she goes all-american with Dolph and then costs him the big match by laughing and going back to being evil/Russian with Rusev forever.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Faustian Bargain posted:

with Rusev forever.

Me too :(

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

what?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

Between putting it up in a Chamber match and initially giving it to Bryan, it really seems like the IC title is going to be booked in the old Big Gold Belt WHC position now. That's pretty much what everyone was hoping for after the merge.

On the Tag title end of things, a 12-man EC match is going to be a massive clusterfuck and I love it.

Are you new around here? The IC title isn't going to be treated as anything but a symbol of being a big loser who loses all of the time like a loser. I wish we lived in a different world :(

I am very excited for this tag team EC, though. That's gonna be fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's May 19! Is he alive or is he dead!?

John Cena, after being killed by Kevin "KO" Owens

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Put this on top of every page:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

dromal phrenia posted:

Seconds later, Renee interviews him and he has a title match against John Cena in 2 weeks and my entire worldview shattered like glass turning back into sand

Have they said it's a title match anywhere? I can't imagine that (kayfabe) Owens would care about it, considering he stomped the belt last night.

• Locked thread