Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

I like pounding pussy too much, brother.

But seriously, dude, some days can be a struggle. My main motivation is that I have to be strong because the good ones are gone. The guys that were mentally and physically tough aren't here to bear the burden, so it's the job of the able bodied guys like me and my friends that came back to carry that weight around, do something with my life besides being a body stacker. and do some a small amount of good in this other wise hosed up world we live in. It also put a smile on my face when i see fellow vets go out and do something positive with their lives like getting degrees, working for non profits and all that other stuff. I plan on playing hockey for my school next year, so I have a good reason to stay in shape. Plus, I have zero personality so I better look good naked or I'll never get laid.

Vasudus has great advice. I moved back home after I got out, and every day after I got out I was fighting demons. I wasn't getting stupid drunk, but god drat did I just want to not be a part of This Gay Earth pretty much every loving day if it meant I didn't have to hear another Rebecca Black song. Not only that, but I was a real turd pants to the people I cared about. I was super critical of what they did and would constantly snap at them over dumb poo poo. It's not just yourself you're hurting, it's also you're family, and that's the worst part about it. I see this happen a lot with other vets too, and it loving sucks to see a family torn apart.

After 2-3 years I moved to the midwest with a dude that was in my platoon. He was having similar issues when he lived with his family, so we decided to get a place out in town. Our relationships with our families has significantly improved, we don't get sad brains nearly as often and if we do we aren't thinking about killing ourselves. Additionally, I've become a lot more outgoing and social with people. All in all, I feel 100 times better. Certain deployment events that used to make me want to cry or get goosebumps, no longer do so.

Anyways, I hope some of this rambling helps motivate you nerds to move the gently caress out of your parents basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread