Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuntman.net

i got a pdf of the necronomicon right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman

any progress?

cuntman.net

its still downloading

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
after reading king_in_yellow.pdf what's the point?

its al

joke_explainer

DeepQantas posted:

its al

al borland is the yellow king? drat I knew I should have finished true detective... weird twist though...

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Oh be careful man, demons are pretty hardcore stuff. Maybe just start off slow and try summoning some imps or lesser creatures, to practice getting your bindings right

cuntman.net

in the past the step people always got stuck on was drawing the summoning circle because it wasnt a perfect circle. obviously this wont be a problem with modern technology

joke_explainer

"It might not make any sense right now marty, but in about 20 years, there's gonna be a man named Al Borland."

"Wait, like on Home Improvement? This is 1995, which is during the run of that show, Rust."

"Sort of like that, but no. It's a reference. Anyway, he's our man."

"That doesn't make any goddamn sense. It's impossible."

"Yeah, well, Einstein said the same thing about the atomic bomb but tell that to Hiroshima."

"Einstein didn't say that Rust. He actually warned the government to look into the possibility before Germany did, in a famous letter."

Poopernickel

electricity bad
when i was a kid my parents used to take us all to this presbyterian megachurch

I was waiting around in the church library for them one day browsing around, and i found this really old crusty hardbound book in the back of one of the shelves. Iit was all about different proper-noun demons and their histories/personalities

some serious buffy the vampire slayer poo poo

so what i'm saying here is go for it and post trip report pls

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Poopernickel posted:

when i was a kid my parents used to take us all to this presbyterian megachurch

I was waiting around in the church library for them one day browsing around, and i found this really old crusty hardbound book in the back of one of the shelves. Iit was all about different proper-noun demons and their histories/personalities

some serious buffy the vampire slayer poo poo

so what i'm saying here is go for it and post trip report pls

Oh man I would kill to have that in my library

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

keep at least a 5 gallon bucket of holy water on standby, just in case he gets uppity. there's nothing worse than summoning something that starts trying to push you around.

cuntman.net

the necronomicon takes up too much space on my phone im going to download the ars goetia instead

cuntman.net

quote:

This being true for the ordinary Universe, that all sense-impressions are
dependent on changes in the brain
we must include illusions, which are after all
sense-impressions as much as “realities” are, in the class of “phenomena dependent
on brain-changes.”
Magical phenomena, however, come under a special sub-class, since they are
willed, and their cause is the series of “real” phenomena, called the operations of
ceremonial Magic.

These consist of
(1) Sight.
The circle, square, triangle, vessels, lamps, robes, implements, etc.
(2) Sound.
The invocations.
(3) Smell.
The perfumes.
(4) Taste.
The Sacraments.
(5) Touch.
As under (1).
(6) Mind.
The combination of all these and reflection on their significance.

These unusual impressions (1-5) produce unusual brain-changes; hence their
summary (6) is of unusual kind. Its projection back into the apparently phenomenal
world is therefore unusual.
Herein then consists the reality of the operations and effects of ceremonial magic,6
and I conceive that the apology is ample, as far as the “effects” refer only to those
phenomena which appear to the magician himself, the appearance of the spirit, his
conversation, possible shocks from imprudence, and so on, even to ecstasy on the one
hand, and death or madness on the other.

kind of makes it sound like summoning demons is just going and getting high

Ace of Baes
tfw when no demon bae

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ace of Baes
Succubus: Am I here to grant your every desire, master.
Me: (looking at the ground) not much...*kicks some dirt* whats up with you

----------------

cuntman.net

me: o mighty demon i have summoned you to ask you a question

demon: i will answer one question. now ask

me: is the s or the c silent in scent?

Al Borland

by XyloJW

DeepQantas posted:

its al

I often leave a sulfurous smell in my presence. Especially after burritos.

----------------

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Have you seen the king?

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Tebulot posted:

Have you seen the king?

Which King?

Elvis I'm pretty sure is dead. He died on a toilet.

----------------

DeepQantas

TWIST FIST posted:

me: o mighty demon i have summoned you to ask you a question

demon: i will answer one question. now ask

me: is the s or the c silent in scent?
Yes. Goodbye

DeepQantas

meteloides posted:

keep at least a 5 gallon bucket of holy water on standby, just in case he gets uppity. there's nothing worse than summoning something that starts trying to push you around.
If by standby you mean balanced atop the crypt door, I agree

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Why was I summoned to this thread? I was trying to sleep.

----------------

bacalou

demons are honest about their purpose meanwhile humans just lie and pretend they're good people

Ace of Baes

bacalou posted:

demons are honest about their purpose meanwhile humans just lie and pretend they're good people

demons are super deceitful ya tard

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

suicide bi cop posted:

depends on the demon you jerk

----------------

bacalou

suicide bi cop posted:

you know what you're getting with demons but with people its like 'oh i better help that person wait im sdtabbed'

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Literally anything a demon says or does is furthering it's own goals.

Unless you have an incredibly in depth, written contract to bind it you'll get hosed basically

bacalou

"Definition of Good and Evil: Good is what you like. Evil is what you don't like." - anton lavey, the devil's notebook

bacalou

the government is a horde of demons and we are all damned souls complaining ironically about things while trudging to our tortures

Al Borland

by XyloJW
You know whats nice? Not being summoned at 3:30 in the morning to a thread when you have everything shut down and are trying to sleep.

----------------

DeepQantas

No wonder demons are cranky

Al Borland

by XyloJW

DeepQantas posted:

No wonder demons are cranky

I got like 3 hours of sleep. I put on my sleeping mask and I went to bed at 12:00 like a responsible person. ANd look what happens I'm wide awake at 4:50 sitting here farting out sulfur and feeling cranky. Cause I know this is gonna mess with my schedule

----------------

cuntman.net

this guy is a president

cuntman.net

interviewer: if you were to be elected as president what would your plan for the nation be?

me: well the first part of the plan would be to draw a summoning circle with the seal of my master. then on a night of a full moon i would strip naked and stand in a bucket of eel guts and chant his name 6 times and then, well its all in the book as you can see here

Al Borland

by XyloJW
When do you give birth to your lord as a squid baby?

----------------

bacalou

obama: well, ah, as you can see here, ah, we have all the necessary components for a cohesive, and... i think fair demon summoning system that can be, uh, made available to, ah, the average american, should this bill go through

times magazine: are you expecting any resistance from the republican controlled senate?

obama: their god cannot protect them now [smiles charmingly]

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Tip for young players:

Don't summon Ouhim, of the first choir.

It will literally tear holes in reality and leave nothing in it's place

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Pro tip: If your computer reads the data for the necronomicon pdf old machinery near by will start working again. Don't run anti virus software however as that will make your computer bleed.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

i inherited a copy of the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses - should i read books 1-5 first or is it ok to just jump in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
The Necronomicon on pdf has all sorts of online exclusive spells, such as making it impossible for your enemy to log out of a chat, or deleting your teacher's email without a trace

----------------

• Locked thread