Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Welcome to the competitive League of Legends thread for the Summer 2015 Season! Last split, we saw the LCS expand to 10 teams total -- This year, the Korean LCK expands to 10 teams as well! China remains largely the same as it always has, full of shady backroom deals and the graveyard of former Korean All-Stars.

In case you missed it: At the 2015 Mid-Season Invitational, the top team from every major region competed against one another in a small tournament to see which region looked strongest at the end of the Spring split. For the first time in years, Korea loses a major tournament as China's Edward Gaming defeats the former World Champions and favorites to win, SKT T1. In what was probably one of the most brilliant pick and ban phases in professional play, EDG baits Faker into picking his, at the time, professionally undefeated LeBlanc signature pick, and EDG built a team specifically at crushing him. PawN kept Faker from spinning out of control with his Morgana pick, but more importantly, Evelynn made a return to competitive play as a counter-pick to SKT's Urgot pick, as Bang melts down and continually pulls Evelynn into the middle of his team -- which is exactly what EDG wanted.

In the US and European LCS leagues this season, the 10th place teams of each region from last split were automatically relegated and the top-most Challenger team was brought in to replace them. In addition to the loss of Team Coast in NA for Team Enemy Gaming, Team Winterfox has been replaced by Team Dragonknight. In Europe, Meet your Makers have been replaced by Xpeke's Origen Gaming. Over in Korea, two new Challenger teams have been added to the LCK, Anarchy and SBENU

Before we get into all the major team and region changes, here are some important links to bookmark for the new season:
Abios Gaming: Spiritual successor to eSportsCalendar. Tells you when competitive matches are going to be played, as a bonus lets you know about other competitive games and high viewer streams of professional players.
eSportsPedia: Actual successor to Leaguepedia when all the original staff left that site and formed this one. Encyclopedia of Professional League Knowledge.
LoL eSports: Riot's official site for Competitive Play.
Reddit: LoL Event Vods: The very best place to get spoiler free VoD of competitive games, updated minutes after they finish, especially good for any games played out of your time zone.

Are you looking for the main League of Legends discussion thread? Click here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R6D_gJ8h4M

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Reserved for Team Rosters and info

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:siren: Fantasy Leagues are open for the Summer Split :siren:

This split, trading is available from the get-go which encourages a slightly more competitive series. You can offer trades to hurt your opponents for that week or boost your own roster effortlessly, now! Please remember to continually update your rosters when you have the chance, the standouts are usually very obvious by week 2 of the LCS and there's always a mad dash to collect as many of the high performing players as possible.

In addition to Riot's own Fantasy LCS, there's a third-party gambling website called Alpha Draft which currently sponsors the Challenger series. The setup is clean and easy to use, and instead of letting someone gobble up all the strongest players and watching everyone helplessly fall behind, you have an imaginary salary to buy whatever players you might want, regardless of what other teams may have. You can play for money or enter free leagues. I don't think there's any way for users to create a league right now, but when I can find out how we might start a for-free Goon League.

I'll be doing another High-Stakes league; you wager a Mystery skin to the winner. This year, we'll be playing DOUBLE JEOPARDY HIGH STAKES. TWO Mystery skins will be the prize -- or a $10 RP gift card. Once the league ends, whomever is first place in the league will be the winner of either two mystery skins or a $10 RP gift card (Whichever is more convenient to the losers). All losers are responsible for sending mystery gifts to the winner. To join this league you must :toxx: yourself so that we can punish people who don't get their skins in on a timely fashion. You will have 30 days after the end of the regular summer split to get your prizes to the winner. The League is Here

Another note: The fantasy thread was wildly unsuccessful. There were less than 4 pages the whole split at a rate of 2-3 posts a week after drafting was over. We will not be using a fantasy thread this split, there simply aren't enough people using it to warrant it. If you can stomach Thooorin posts, "Is cop really a good adc?" or "TSM is John Cena" memes you can stomach 4 posts a week about fantasy games.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 21, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

*added self to LoveChops league*

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HOW DID MY ADC MISS THAT KILL MY TEAM NEEDS THOSE POINTS

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
here's the link again to the stinger akali sweepstakes

http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/join/league/747879/1QxKSN1ckZj036fZMk9m

shoutout to that one rear end in a top hat who picked every fnatic member last split

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

HOW DID MY ADC MISS THAT KILL MY TEAM NEEDS THOSE POINTS
There were no posts like that anywhere you baby.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

shoutout to that one rear end in a top hat who picked every fnatic member last split

His name is Yellowstar dude

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

I actually own every single Akali skin so I have no idea why I'm in this contest.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You should probably link to a video about the title thread reference in the OP, because no one is going to remember that in a couple of months.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Joined the league again. Looking forward tot losing to another dude with all members from one team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Freaksaus posted:

Joined the league again. Looking forward tot losing to another dude with all members from one team.

Figure out whatever dumbass team takes forever to finish games and pick all of their dudes

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Flameingblack posted:

Tumblr: OGN Builds: A guy who is dedicated to syndicating in English the rune and mastery pages from Korean competitive matches which are posted online in Korean [1] [2]

This site is basically dead now, and it's functions have been better integrated into the main LoL eSports site since you can now see all the runes/masteries/builds/etc. on all of the matches played on Riot's regional tournament realms except for China (for some reason) and maybe some of the other smaller regions (I don't know), but NA, EU, Korea for sure are all on there.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So... I was digging through old VoD's and Tvtropes and remembered TSM's W1D1 spring split from last year.

Against TSM

Hai on teemo....

Now watching.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Figure out whatever dumbass team takes forever to finish games and pick all of their dudes
It's the Copenhagen Wolves which seem like they're undefeated in games longer than 40 minutes (Because everyone gets so loving tired of playing against them they just quit)

Nobody wins when you're playing the Copenhagen Wolves.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Calax posted:

So... I was digging through old VoD's and Tvtropes and remembered TSM's W1D1 spring split from last year.

Against TSM

Hai on teemo....

Now watching.

You missed that game? It was great, pure troll pick. That was back during the worst part of TSM's "We can never beat C9 ever" slump. I think their record against C9 at the time was something like 2-19.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

Hey I joined this. Is this a mystery skins league or are we just playing for honor and glory?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

Hey I joined this. Is this a mystery skins league or are we just playing for honor and glory?

everyone who places above me gets the ultra rare stinger akali skin. or would but i think most of you are from NA so i'll work something out.

i'll do the draft tomorrow at 8pm uk time now we've got everyone

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I have only one thing to say and it is UoL HYPE

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

theshim posted:

I have only one thing to say and it is UoL HYPE

EU LCS summer final standings prediction:

1. FNC
2. Origen
3. H2K
4. Gambit
5. Roccat
6. SK
7. UOL
8. Elements
9. CW
10. Giants

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I would be surprised if Origen finished in the Top 5 in EU LCS.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Since I'm so good at predicting here's my list:

1. FNC
2. H2K
3. UOL
4. SK
5. Gambit
6. Origen
7. Elements
8. CW
9. Roccat
10. Giants

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

The way I see it, they have the 2nd best jungler, the arguably 3rd best support, and a top and mid that could be the best players at their position if they actually try.

Will they get 2nd? I don't know, that might be their ceiling. But I think they will do very well.

Freaksaus posted:

Since I'm so good at predicting here's my list:

1. FNC
2. H2K
3. UOL
4. SK
5. Gambit
6. Origen
7. Elements
8. CW
9. Roccat
10. Giants

You really think Roccat will be that low? I overestimated them last split, maybe I'm doing it again.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 21, 2015

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Libertine posted:

I think they will be competing with SK, Gambit and Elements for a 4-7 spot

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i predict the following:

roccat a lot less bad
gambit pretty good
mithy god
peke does nothing until playoffs

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

The way I see it, they have the 2nd best jungler, the arguably 3rd best support, and a top and mid that could be the best players at their position if they actually try.

Will they get 2nd? I don't know, that might be their ceiling. But I think they will do very well.

You really think Roccat will be that low? I overestimated them last split, maybe I'm doing it again.

The way I see it, they have all of the underperforming parts of old teams from less competitive splits, they barely eked out some wins in Challenger when they should have steam-rolled everyone, and their ceiling is maybe 5th place but more likely they will finish in the bottom half.

I don't think they have a top 3 player at any position, but if it is anything, it's certainly not their jungler or support. The guy who looked best on their team in their playoff run was Soaz and then maybe xpeke. Their bot lane looked really shaky in the CS playoffs and Amazing is totally feast or famine on a Shook-level.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

You missed that game? It was great, pure troll pick. That was back during the worst part of TSM's "We can never beat C9 ever" slump. I think their record against C9 at the time was something like 2-19.

I honestly didn't start watching League or really getting into it until this year, so yeah anything before Worlds I basically have no clue about.

As to EU LCS predictions? I'm gonna guess SK is gonna drop like a bit of a rock. They relied so heavily on that one gimmick of Forg1ven and now he's at gambit.

I'd guess
FNC
H2K
UoL
Gambit
Elements
Origen
CW
SK
Roccat
Giants

For NA
TSM
C9
TL
TIP
CLG
Gravity
Dignitas
T8
NME
TDK

I get the feeling that TDK is gonna totally fall apart because they don't have that rock solid midlaner and get auto-relegated. For both these lists I figure the top four are basically locked into their slots (eh, bit of movement in EU) but the lower 6 is just going to be a mess of "Who screws up the least".

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
origen only played badly in challenger because they were off their loving faces on cheap canary islands ketamine listening to banging club classics til 4AM every night

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

origen only played badly in challenger because they were off their loving faces on cheap canary islands ketamine listening to banging club classics til 4AM every night

Basically why I love Peke. Dude is EU Saintvicious when it comes to DGAF League OGs.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yo, who won last season's mystery skin league do I can give them their prize

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Yo, who won last season's mystery skin league do I can give them their prize
you can log in and check old seasons, idk because there were two of them. Transient People won one of them.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

a bad game for a bad poster. an appropriate combination

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingbeck your fantasy link seems to be invalid.

Although I'm not sure you want me, because

Lovechop posted:

Freaksaus posted:

was me :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Flameingbeck your fantasy link seems to be invalid.

Although I'm not sure you want me, because

was me :v:
Fixed it! Our league last season was split up, Transiet and I pretty much stomped everyone else for a while.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I won one mystery league, Mastercoo won another if memory doesn't fail me. I'm ready to simultaneously earn the 'dumbest decisions of the league' award and the prize skins again :getin:

Are we sure about the double mystery skin setup, though? IIRC the discussions last time were about maybe splitting it to one skin for the winner and one for the highest point scorer. If that changed no problem, I'm just curious.

PS: Link to join the league is definitely broken though, needs a new one.

EDIT: Never mind, saw the new link. Death or glory for the League of Transients! :toxx:

Transient People fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 21, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ok, I'm in. Urgot/Kayle OTP of my heart :toxx:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:laffo: everyone left Winterfox except....Avalon, who they'll be building a team around now. Even more amusing is that p1noy will be their new ADC. ShorterACE and ExecutionerKen who were both subs will move up too. And the mid laner from TSM Darkness.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

:laffo: everyone left Winterfox except....Avalon, who they'll be building a team around now. Even more amusing is that p1noy will be their new ADC. ShorterACE and ExecutionerKen who were both subs will move up too. And the mid laner from TSM Darkness.

That teams sounds legitimately loving terrible but Pinoy will probably at least be able to style a bit in challenge series.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Was OGN's broadcast just 1 BO3 today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yukari posted:

Was OGN's broadcast just 1 BO3 today?
Yeah, but they're broadcasting 4 days a week. They're also Best of 2's I believe.

• Locked thread