Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

:laffo: everyone left Winterfox except....Avalon, who they'll be building a team around now. Even more amusing is that p1noy will be their new ADC. ShorterACE and ExecutionerKen who were both subs will move up too. And the mid laner from TSM Darkness.

They had to keep Avalon/Ken/Shorter to keep their spot in challenger. 3/5ths of the starters must have been on the previous roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Flameingblack posted:

Yeah, but they're broadcasting 4 days a week. They're also Best of 2's I believe.

Definitely bo3s, Anarchy-Najin went to 3

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Creating a team centered around Avalon is something I would only imagine could happen in bizarro-land.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
NA is getting invaded by mediocre EU adc's lol

steelback, jebus and now pinoy :I

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Between WFX, CLG Black and Coast/Final Five both going back into challenger, there's a lot of badly managed teams I want to see get embarrassed by challenger upstarts.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Looking forwards to a newly hungry TSM with something to prove. See you at worlds, baby.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Looking forwards to a newly hungry TSM with something to prove. See you at worlds, baby.

They have a spot from winning the first split, right? So they actually are at worlds. yay.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Yo, who wants to play fantasy with me, a guy who barely watches LCS.

1. Shadow225
???

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Joined the double mystery skin league. Hopefully this season is a bit more even since we have a good read on most of the teams.

Edit: Does drafting still auto start when a league fills?

Frustrated fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 21, 2015

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Sexpansion posted:

They have a spot from winning the first split, right? So they actually are at worlds. yay.

No. They have 90 points for winning the spring split. The winner of summer split gets automatic entry to world's. 90 points is a lot.

http://na.lolesports.com/na-lcs/2015/summer/about

Xyretire fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 21, 2015

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
I will play Fantasy LCS with people.

Alas, LMQ no longer exists, so I can't fulfill my Chinese Fantasies like I did last summer. :china:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The NA Challenger Series qualifiers bungling is already starting!

Bischu's team, Legendary, forgot to do their paperwork so are out.

Escalate Legion Gaming used a ringer for the ladder due to losing players to Coast and are out.

We'll see who else manages to lose to the paperwork/administration boss before the tourney even starts

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Anyone want to do another no-prize league for wimps? I did really well on the last one.

e: gently caress it :toxx: league for me

Going to Space Prison

Manic_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 21, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Frustrated posted:

Joined the double mystery skin league. Hopefully this season is a bit more even since we have a good read on most of the teams.

Edit: Does drafting still auto start when a league fills?

I don't believe so. The league creator can choose to start the draft when the league is full. If you aren't present for the draft it will still auto-draft for you.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Transient People posted:

I won one mystery league, Mastercoo won another if memory doesn't fail me. I'm ready to simultaneously earn the 'dumbest decisions of the league' award and the prize skins again :getin:

Are we sure about the double mystery skin setup, though? IIRC the discussions last time were about maybe splitting it to one skin for the winner and one for the highest point scorer. If that changed no problem, I'm just curious.

PS: Link to join the league is definitely broken though, needs a new one.

EDIT: Never mind, saw the new link. Death or glory for the League of Transients! :toxx:

I'm mastercoo and I did in fact win, the win also got me the final two skins for TF that I didn't have (mystery gifts love giving me TF skins)

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
DOUBLE JEOPARDY HIGH STAKES sounds great to me. :getin:

:toxx: if I do not send either two mystery skins or $10 of RP to the winner of the league within 30 days of the regular summer split ending.

I will friend everyone in the League, but just in case, I am Zwingley on LoL.

e: I will be available to draft pretty much all weekend, and my weekend starts tonight at 7 Pacific.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 21, 2015

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Lovechop posted:

Well they can't send over the good ADCs until they actually have some.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Mistiya here and NO VAYNES ALLOWED (name not final? or is it) is ready for Mystery League. :toxx:

e: wait where's steeelback going?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

mistaya posted:

Mistiya here and NO VAYNES ALLOWED (name not final? or is it) is ready for Mystery League. :toxx:

e: wait where's steeelback going?
He's joining a NA challenger team.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Aww, he was my fantasy league MVP and the spring split champ, surely he can do better than a challenger team?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

His laning phase is *awful* and genuinely cost Fnatic at times. Sure, he's still probably one of the 10 best ADCs in EU, but I doubt it would be worth the expense for a guy we know has a pretty low ceiling

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Allyn posted:

His laning phase is *awful* and genuinely cost Fnatic at times. Sure, he's still probably one of the 10 best ADCs in EU, but I doubt it would be worth the expense for a guy we know has a pretty low ceiling
:confused: It was his first split, I don't know how you can make a judgement on his career prospects after just that.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

A full split plus playoffs plus MSI is a pretty decent sample, 18 + 10 (iirc) + 10. That major flaw was on show throughout; the best coaching staff in the region wasn't able to fix it. Why would I expect a lower ranked team, almost certainly with a worse infrastructure, to be able to do better? I guess he's still young and could prove me wrong, but does age mean anything in an industry where the average career spans, what, 2 years?

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

NA Predictions:
1) C9 - The only team both smart and skilled enough to capitalize on TSM's exposed weaknesses
2) TSM - Santorin is a shitter, I still think Turtle is a net liability
3) TL - EEEhHhhhh theyre alright i guess
4) TiP - Good players, but they don't seem to have any competitiveness/ambition. Also questionable P/B. Also I'm not sold on Adrian or XWX
5) CLG- no one cares about CLG
6) Gravity- Their jungler didn't seem to actually play any games in the LSPL?
7) T8 - Nien isn't a meaningful step up over human goblin Maplestreet
8) DIG - Gamsu/CoreJJ :(
9) TDK - International Korean Reject Squad
10) NME

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I don't think Trance, Chunky, Inori and Kt Smurf will be good enough combined with Steelback though. Considering Nien played really well as an ADC and couldnt carry Chunky/Trance, and the rest arent very notable, I don't think they'll go too far.

But who knows, with some coaching maybe they'll surprise.

In the wake of Legendary/ELG failing the NACS promotional bracket has changed

Misfits now have the easiest route and FFG have to play C9T in the first round. Considering the latter two both are probably top 3 in the tourney, it really sucks that its single elimination.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 21, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

NA
1/2. TSM/C9.
3-10. ???

10th isn't Dignitas though.

EU
1-10. ???

I am confident that Roccat won't be any better while Elements will show some improvement.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Getting in on the :toxx: League since I was one of the shitters who never paid up last go around, so I'm gonna TRIPLE THREATEN myself and throw in an extra Mystery Skin to punish myself.

Ekko Location (name not final) is ready to rock. I'm free this Sunday for drafts, but if that doesn't work, anytime during this next week is good (and if need be I will be the Autodraft Loser)

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
TSM is taking first place every team in na except for them actually got worse over the break haha

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
We have 3 spots open in the Goon Fantasy League if anyone is interested:

http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/join/league/739035/fMJIu8oKZQzolUr8hxSE

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

wait what

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

YancyQ posted:

We have 3 spots open in the Goon Fantasy League if anyone is interested:

http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/join/league/739035/fMJIu8oKZQzolUr8hxSE

Just joined up, IGN is Baing. Are we playing for mystery gifts here?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jebus is joining Misfits. P1noy is joining Winterfox (lmao). Steeelback is joining Odyssey Gaming, a NA challenger team.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Monathin posted:

Getting in on the :toxx: League since I was one of the shitters who never paid up last go around, so I'm gonna TRIPLE THREATEN myself and throw in an extra Mystery Skin to punish myself.

Ekko Location (name not final) is ready to rock. I'm free this Sunday for drafts, but if that doesn't work, anytime during this next week is good (and if need be I will be the Autodraft Loser)

You owe me a skin! :argh:

But more seriously, re: draft, I can do this sunday too, depends on who's open for it. Saturday and Monday are no-gos, every other day I should be free.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Transient People posted:

But more seriously, re: draft, I can do this sunday too, depends on who's open for it. Saturday and Monday are no-gos, every other day I should be free.

I'm out Saturday as well, but can do sunday as long as its before 7pm central. Any day during the next week before the season starts also works.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I dunno why people are rating NME lower than TDK given that TDK is probably going to be significantly worse than they were in the promotion tournament.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
NA:
1-C9
2-Liquid
3-TSM
4-Impulse
5/6-Gravity/CLG
7-T8
8-NME
9-TDK
10-Dignitas

EU:
1 through 7- who the gently caress even knows, Europe is a loving bloodbath right now
8-Roccat
9-CW
10-Giants

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's hard to imagine TDK could be worse than a team with Kyle and LouisXGG

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Firebert posted:

It's hard to imagine TDK could be worse than a team with Kyle and LouisXGG

They had Alex Ich for their promotion tourney though. Seems unlikely they'll be good enough to place higher than NME who actually looked decent in the challenger scene iirc, even with Kyle gone. Is Louis also gone?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Skin-leaguers - I should be available pretty much any time over the next week.

SC Bracer posted:

They had Alex Ich for their promotion tourney though. Seems unlikely they'll be good enough to place higher than NME who actually looked decent in the challenger scene iirc, even with Kyle gone. Is Louis also gone?

Alas we will not see anymore Essence Reaver rushes, they replaced him with Emperor (formerly of CJ Entus Blaze and Keyd Stars).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Transient People posted:

Just sent it. Enjoy Rageborn Mundo.

• Locked thread