Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

cunting

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Frackie Robinson posted:

Real talk, I think it would be pretty hard to report your son to the police for molestation, I have no idea what I would do in that situation.

Nebraska had a safe haven loophole for half a year in 2008.

Let's imagine you're a single mom of 4 (1 eldest son, 3 daughters). Then imagine your son has problems. And imagine you pursue all avenues to get him well, but then all state support and funding runs out completely. You can't stop going to work, but you can't leave him at home with his siblings (youngest 10yo) anymore, either - for very good reasons.

You take a long weekend and drive your 17 yo son to some random Nebraska hospital and wave goodbye forever to that piece of poo poo.

This was how poor people dealt with uncontrollable sibling sexual assault in that magic period where the social safety net accidentally gave them real options for a few months (all because of anti-abortion zeal, which was quickly moderated).

Oprah did a thing on it.

e:
Please note, this applies to 'you' - you being a normal human being. The Duggers didn't do poo poo. Once you pop out a score of kids you're basically perpetually criminally negligent as parents due to logistics.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 23, 2015

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

i don't get it?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Frackie Robinson posted:

Real talk, I think it would be pretty hard to report your son to the police for molestation, I have no idea what I would do in that situation.

Well, if your daughter was molested, would you take her to a doctor? Pretty sure that didn't happen either, because the doctor would have been required to report.

Anonybominous
Jun 30, 2012

Hey kids, this is a thing: don't throw stones.

While Mama Duggar was so busy calling out all gays as pedophiles, she had one in her own home who was brought up on "good Christian morals". AND it was also incest on most occasions. That would seem to be a huge FAIL.

Umm...but he asked forgiveness, so it's ok?
Cool, forgiveness is awesome, and is needed by all of us from time to time. But I think that in order to earn it, a person has to have a firm understanding of the harm they've done. I'm not feeling that from the young Duggar's comments.

As an aside...these folks take "purity" to an insane level. So... Besides trying to cope with what was done to them, how will these young female victims have to approach suitors in the future? Will they have to confess their "impurity" due to their brother's attention? Will they be looked at as damaged goods and unmarriageable by other equally hive-minded males? This is quite the 3-ring circus. I feel unbelievably terrible for these victims. Their cultish upbringing inflicts extra pain upon them.

Anonybominous fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 23, 2015

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If you're going to apply the bible literally, the daughters who were molested should probably be stoned to death.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If you're going to apply the bible literally, the daughters who were molested should probably be stoned to death.

actually the rapists get their dick and balls cut off

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

That seems legit cool though

Anonybominous
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe they will be coerced to plea the "but my brother was forgiven" party line...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Top City Homo posted:

If we are going by Deuteronomy 22:28-29 I think the price for child rape is fifty pieces of silver

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I think Deuteronomy 22:23-24 says they should be stoned since they did not cry out for help immediately, however this may only apply to women who were already betrothed

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If we are going by Deuteronomy 22:28-29 I think the price for child rape is fifty pieces of silver

They're not.
The price for child rape is increased creativity and wisdom, inner peace, and spiritual power. (for the raped girls)

6. Would you rather have no rape or increased spiritual power? (The spirit is the most important component of the person and brings you closer to christ.)

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

actually its perpetual payment until her death

rapist is supposed to support her for his entire life

and I think benjamin murdered an entire city of people who raped his sister or something like that

in any case christians suck at biblical interpretation

Anonybominous
Jun 30, 2012

I think Deuteronomy 22:23-24 says they should be stoned since they did not cry out for help immediately, however this may only apply to women who were already betrothed

So, unbetrothed sisters don't count. Saved!! Phew.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

page 15, in which we decide the punishment for the victims

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Top City Homo posted:

actually its perpetual payment until her death

rapist is supposed to support her for his entire life

and I think benjamin murdered an entire city of people who raped his sister or something like that

in any case christians suck at biblical interpretation

I think they have to get married though. So you would be married to Jim bob jr but he couldn't divorce you

Anonybominous
Jun 30, 2012

I think they have to get married though. So you would be married to Jim bob jr but he couldn't divorce you

5 wives, and 4 of them sisters.... classic.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Top City Homo posted:

a Jim Bob face without the Jim Bob name :(

Maybe Jim Bob was cuckin Huckerbee?

Cuck the Huck, if you will

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I think the Deuteronomy verses are where all the death to gays laws come from, coincidentally

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i dont get how mormon fundies are worse than these people

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Anyways the Duggar compound is like a puppy mill for humans

Anonybominous
Jun 30, 2012

The ASPCA would probably treat them better.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

i dont get how mormon fundies are worse than these people

Mormon fundies institutionalize the rape of their children in very organized assembly lines.
These guys are totally working to achieve that, but haven't yet.

FLDS are only worse by virtue of having more time to perfect their atrocities.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Al Nipper posted:

We're... errr... normal people

A gene pool with less depth than a car park puddle.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Looking forward to our own brand of Arkie Hapsburgs in the next generation or two

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Al Nipper posted:

We're... errr... normal people

So much for vertical stripes having a slimming effect.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Monkey Fracas posted:

every time I see them my festering hate is renewed

-Cultish christianity
-Kids raising other kids
-indoctrination of children
-Jim Bob
-Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee
-people kept watching the TV show
-I hope no other countries are watching this
-Other Countries please help us Destroy The South
-gently caress

don't forget about 'blanket training'

im thankful for Satan's influence in getting them of tv and hopefully soon forgotten...gotta give it up for that good ole Devil sometimes :devil:

:barf:

yup

http://www.boston.com/news/opinion/2015/05/22/happy-about-josh-duggar-collapse/FEkLajUOi4D7ibKbAUkLaM/story.html?p1=Must_Reads_hp

any clips of mom making a statement about this yet in her im not even aware that i was clearly molested as a little girl voice yet?

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 23, 2015

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

WescottF1 posted:

So much for vertical stripes having a slimming effect.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Every serious GOP primary candidate is required to make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem for a photo shoot.
Every serious GOP primary candidate is required to make a pilgrimage to a serial child rapist for a photo shoot.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
And this is why white trash should be sterilized.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lord of Pie posted:

Looking forward to our own brand of Arkie Hapsburgs in the next generation or two

'Duggar face' will involve them looking increasingly bland with each generation, until...

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

The Valuum posted:

I dunno I don't think my contempt for sexual assault changed much from 14-17.

Well, a 14 year old does something terrible once and maybe you can see them reforming. But doing it repeatedly, after three years of what should be among the most rapidly advancing parts of your life in terms of mature decision making, that suggests a real predator.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

man these Aphex Twin album covers are just getting weirder

edit:
- or -
come to daddy

okay, time for a shower in gasoline :gonk:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Seriously though, is the "He did this again at 17," thing confirmed? It's been brought up a few times, but when people ask for a source, no one provides one. I read the whole police report, but ages aren't provided. Just years, that line up with him being 14-15. Same question for whoever said at least one of the girls was 6 years old.

Not that if it weren't true, anything would be okay. Just trying to get my facts straight, and there have been a few unsourced claims in here. I'm not even saying it's not true. I'd just like a source.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

quote:

The hit TLC show “19 Kids and Counting” shows the Duggars as a wholesome and religious family, but a report Tuesday claims Josh Duggar was allegedly involved in an underage sex scandal. The exclusive report by In Touch Weekly says that Jim Bob, Josh's father, turned him in to authorities. The charge dates back to 2005 and occurred when Josh was a minor himself, according to “multiple sources” who saw the police report.

Jim Bob called the Arkansas State Police Department after he discovered Josh left a young girl’s bedroom and “learned something inappropriate happened,” an insider said, according to the magazine. “I saw and read the report and it clearly stated that Jim Bob brought his son Josh into the Arkansas State Police and spoke to a state trooper about Josh’s involvement in alleged inappropriate touching with a minor,” a different person added.

Josh Duggar was not prosecuted.

Sgt. Darrel Hignite, the officer who reportedly led the investigation, would not give a statement about the case. “I can’t comment or discuss [this case] because of the sensitive nature and because it involved a juvenile,” he said, according to In Touch Weekly.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/josh-duggar-involved-in-underage-sex-scandal-report/

he was born in '88 so he was 17 then

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Seriously though, is the "He did this again at 17," thing confirmed? It's been brought up a few times, but when people ask for a source, no one provides one. I read the whole police report, but ages aren't provided. Just years, that line up with him being 14-15. Same question for whoever said at least one of the girls was 6 years old.

Not that if it weren't true, anything would be okay. Just trying to get my facts straight, and there have been a few unsourced claims in here. I'm not even saying it's not true. I'd just like a source.

I think people might be confused because there was an investigation when he was 17, after a member of their church alerted the proper authorities (Oprah).

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Republican Vampire posted:

I think people might be confused because there was an investigation when he was 17, after a member of their church alerted the proper authorities (Oprah).

tbh if you want something done in America Oprah's not a bad choice if you can get her to listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The police report was when he was 17. But they refer to incidents when he was 14-15.

Edit: Again, I feel like I should reiterate it doesn't make that much of a difference. Just trying to get the facts straight.

• Locked thread