Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Speaking of cartoons and abuse, when watching Pixar's 'Inside Out' I couldn't help but think how terrible the inner world of an abused kid would be. A forlorn Sadness and Disgust manning the helm without speaking. Anger drinking heavily. Joy in a dark corner rocking herself and weeping.

Apparently others had this on their mind as well

quote:

In the film Kaling plays the emotion “Disgust” who resides inside an 11-year-old girl’s mind. While Stephanopoulos was raving about the film, Mindy decided she couldn’t hold back from turning an innocent comment into a joke about child abuse — sort of.

While praising the film, Stephanopoulos said, “It really does make you feel like you’re inside this 11-year-old girl.”

Mindy Kaling, who could barely contain herself, held a tight smile, and pushed his innocent compliment in a completely different direction by stating, “In a profoundly wholesome way.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2179447/mindy-kaling-makes-child-abuse-joke-while-promoting-kids-film-inside-out-on-good-morning-america/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

It would be pretty wild if it turns out that in the south in the 90s there was a Christian conspiracy by school teachers and administrators to rape kids.

Wasn't there some christian school where the head cheese demanded the female students use spoons to clean the carpets on their knees and did a butt ton of Bad Touching to them? I thought it was Accelerated Christian Education related or something.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al Nipper posted:

Speaking of cartoons and abuse, when watching Pixar's 'Inside Out' I couldn't help but think how terrible the inner world of an abused kid would be. A forlorn Sadness and Disgust manning the helm without speaking. Anger drinking heavily. Joy in a dark corner rocking herself and weeping.

Apparently others had this on their mind as well

What the gently caress

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wedemeyer posted:

Wasn't there some christian school where the head cheese demanded the female students use spoons to clean the carpets on their knees and did a butt ton of Bad Touching to them? I thought it was Accelerated Christian Education related or something.

It was Gothard, the guy who runs the school in the article.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Jessa is by far the best Duggar. She seems the least brainwashed (although still pretty brainwashed). That dickface that Jill married is a goof, although at least that girl is somewhat educated (in a baby kinda way). Mods, please change my name to Closeted Duggar (tia).

Edit: Jim Bob

genetic_knockout fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 24, 2015

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe a guy who created a system to educate children where girls are blamed for their sexual abuse sexually abused women.

As a proud Christian father living off the grid I don't know how to deal with this. Does anybody know of a good prepackaged fundamentalist homeschooling product that isn't rape-oriented?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Jack Gladney posted:

It was Gothard, the guy who runs the school in the article.

LOL. jim bob indeed!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvfmIENFnI

:doink:I don't know if the promo for the Duggar episode of Law and order SVU has been posted but here it is.:doink:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Jumpingmanjim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvfmIENFnI

:doink:I don't know if the promo for the Duggar episode of Law and order SVU has been posted but here it is.:doink:

I feel so sorry for

1 Joshua James "Josh" March 3, 1988 (age 27)
2 Jana Marie January 12, 1990 (age 25)
3 John-David
4 Jill Michelle May 17, 1991 (age 24)
5 Jessa Lauren November 4, 1992 (age 22)
6 Jinger Nicole December 21, 1993 (age 21)
7 Joseph Garrett January 20, 1995 (age 20)
8 Josiah Matthew August 28, 1996 (age 19)
9 Joy-Anna October 28, 1997 (age 17)[
10 Jedidiah Robert December 30, 1998 (age 16)
11 Jeremiah Robert
12 Jason Michael April 21, 2000 (age 15)
13 James Andrew July 7, 2001 (age 14)
14 Justin Samuel November 15, 2002 (age 12)
15 Jackson Levi May 23, 2004 (age 11)
16 Johannah Faith October 11, 2005 (age 10)
17 Jennifer Danielle August 2, 2007 (age 8)
18 Jordyn-Grace Makiya December 18, 2008 (age 6)
19 Josie Brooklyn

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Rambling Robot posted:

I feel so sorry for

3 John-David
11 Jeremiah Robert
19 Josie Brooklyn

What about the two miscarriages?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What about the two miscarriages?

20 Jaiklyn-Gone-Too-Soon
21 Jimbo-What-God-Wanted

Rambling Robot fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 24, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cross your fingers and hope Ice-T punches one of the not-Duggars.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Cross your fingers and hope Ice-T punches one of the not-Duggars.

I bet quite a few (at least 19 that is) moon-faced actors are expecting a call soon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know that "ripped from the headlines" thing is how reviewers have been describing Law & Order for... Forever, but I didn't know it was a term the show embraced. I always thought, no matter how true it is, that phrase was considered "cheap".

Then again, SVU.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know that "ripped from the headlines" thing is how reviewers have been describing Law & Order for... Forever, but I didn't know it was a term the show embraced. I always thought, no matter how true it is, that phrase was considered "cheap".

Then again, SVU.

SVU sucks, they'll for sure add some "cutting edge" social media dimension to the jimbobbing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rambling Robot posted:

SVU sucks, they'll for sure add some "cutting edge" social media dimension to the jimbobbing.

Isn't making one of the girls pregnant enough of a hook?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

Isn't making one of the girls pregnant enough of a hook?

sure, but she surely must use a secret account on some twitter clone to alert the outside world!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfX8VhqsZS8

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
http://www.theonion.com/article/tlc...view:NA:InFocus

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Beat me to it :argh: I love John Mulaney.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Free Market Mambo posted:

Josh, his fly open

Jim Bob, when the ratings fell

Anna, her arms outstretched

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Rambling Robot posted:

"The events you are about to witness are based on actual events. No seriously, Google for 'josh duggar'.....,

you can't make this poo poo up.

Jim Berb."

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Jim Bob, Jim Bob,
Don't look him in the eye.
Jim Bob, Jim Bob,
Just breed until you die...

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Jimbobalaya with crawdugs

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

Blizzy_Cow posted:

If yoi could liberate the remaining duggar children what movies would you show them? I would play all Verhooven movies and then some science stuff.

We are going in with first wave. Means more Jims fer us to Bob! You smash the entire area, you Duggar anything that has more than two kids. DO YOU GET ME?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rambling Robot posted:

I feel so sorry for

3 John-David
11 Jeremiah Robert
19 Josie Brooklyn

Not sure if the dates are their ages or when Josh Duggared them.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Mr. Jim Bob, tear down this Josh.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i have a question to ask each and every one of you:

Is a Jim not entitled to the fruit of his Bob?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is Jessa the one that is refusing to court or Is that the older one?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's the oldest one, whoever that is. Speculation is that it's because she wants to be there for her younger sisters, insert your own reason for that Jim Bob.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

cumshitter posted:

It's the oldest one, whoever that is. Speculation is that it's because she wants to be there for her younger sisters, insert your own reason for that Jim Bob.

Who else is Jim Bob going to gently caress? I mean seriously. Michelle can't possibly be getting Jim Bob there. But gently caress the oldest girl and ejaculate in the general direction of Michelle and she becomes pregnant.

That or she is a total lesbo. Either way it's totally wholesome.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Rambling Robot posted:

I feel so sorry for

3 John-David
11 Jeremiah Robert
19 Josie Brooklyn

Check it out, they've got a Jed Bob and a Jerry Bob.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Check it out, they've got a Jed Bob and a Jerry Bob.

:eyepop:

Did anyone else notice how eventually they ran out of ummm... "less mainstream"... names, like Josiah and Joy-Anna, and started using regular ones? I think this shows a lack of commitment.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Heath posted:

Is Jessa the one that is refusing to court or Is that the older one?

My best guess, based on what's been said on the other site is that Jim Bob hasn't arranged a courtship for Jana yet, possibly because she's the one doing the most work when it comes to family management and child rearing. I've also never seen anything to suggest that she's anything but obedient to her father (as Gothardites are expected to be) and I would assume the speculation that she "refuses to court" is wishful thinking. Of course I may be wrong, she has spent time away from cameras on a couple of occasions to attend ATI's "Journey to the Heart" camp, which might be a spiritual retreat that gives her time to herself, or maybe it's a christian ladies' reeducation camp for anyone who gets uppity.

She talks about in in this podcast and it doesn't seem like she was forced there. She actually seemed relieved to have some time off from raising her siblings. Then again, the program (outlined by one of the women on freejinger) seems to have a pretty big component of "correction" for perceived wrongs.

The best of includes:

quote:

For ten days, you have a chance to get rid of anything that hinders you from knowing God's love and the victory He desires you to have. This time away gives you an opportunity to continue, or even begin the Journey of loving Him with all your heart soul mind and strength.

The Journey begins on Saturday,with each attendee having a personal interview with Mr. Gothard at some point during the day. The first official session will start at 6:00p.m. Saturday evening.

Sunday will be a time of completing personal interviews, getting to know team members, and various teaching sessions.

Thursday will be a day of delighting in the Lord through fasting and seeking Him.

quote:

Search Our Six Wrong Heart Conditions
Do I Have a Murmuring Heart?
Do I Have a Fearful Heart?
Do I Have an Adulterous Heart?
Do I Have a Deceitful Heart?
Do I Have an Uncircumcised Heart?
Do I Have a Prideful Heart?

Twelve Attitudes of a Good Heart
A Clean Heart vs. A Wicked Heart
A Pure Heart vs. A Double Heart
A Wise and Understanding Heart vs. A Foolish Heart
A Broken Heart vs. A Hard Heart
A Tender Heart vs. A Bitter Heart
A Meek Heart vs. A Proud Heart
A Circumcised Heart vs. A Deceitful Heart
A Large Heart vs. A Lean Heart
A Faithful Heart vs. An Unbelieving Heart
A Perfect Heart vs. A Whorish Heart
A Sound and Upright Heart vs. A Deceived Heart
A Merry Heart vs. A Discouraged Heart

Delighting in the Lord
Ask God to Open Spiritual Eyes.
Enjoy a Jewel From God’s Word.
A Search for Wisdom in Proverbs.
Turn Scripture into your Prayer.
Identify Your Most Pressing Issue.
Outline History’s Greatest Sermon.
Share exhortations.
Get Alone for a Personal Study.
Learn How to Delight in God’s Word.
Delight in Scripture More Than in Food...

I found it weird that you have to interview with Bill Gothard in person to attend the retreat, and recall that he seemed to hand pick women from his flock to "work" for him at the ATI facility. I think this bit was posted before, but just as a reminder- Bill Gothard is the spoons guy.

quote:

His strangest and most onerous demand was that the young women get on their hands and knees and clean stains out of the carpets with a rag or a spoon.

“I knew that it was the bane of existence for a lot of these girls,” said Mark, who worked at the Indianapolis facility in the 1990s, including at one point as head of maintenance. “Their hands ached, their knees ached, their backs ached doing this.”

One day, Mark said, after he cleaned the carpets himself with an industrial cleaner, Gothard visited the center and was “livid” to see no girls cleaning it by hand. He ordered center leadership staff to round up some girls to start cleaning.

“It was something that [Gothard] just wanted to see,” Mark said. “He didn’t care that I would come at night and clean that carpet and get rid of all the spots. He wanted to see the girls on their hands and knees scrubbing with spoons.”

Considering that he keeps a tight reign on church members, I guess there's always the possibility that Jim Bob's failure to arrange her a marriage was deliberate and that perhaps Gothard had his sights on her before he was caught. Of course all of this is speculation, but based on everything else I've learned about their cult, those are the big possibilities that stand out to me as to why Jim Bob would marry his girls off out of order, and risk having an "old maid" he'll have to support for the rest of his life.

Also

quote:

Requirements for keeping your house in order.

8. Should not hug anyone outside of the family for fear of impropriety, defilement, or arousing lusts.

Jim

10. Husbands must spiritually cleanse their wives

Bob

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Is that better or worst than a circumcised heart

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Also, a "murmuring heart" is that the same as a heart murmur?! That's dangerous! Jim bob

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Is that better or worst than a circumcised heart

I know this is GBS, but let's not get into THIS old debate again.

Besides, everyone knows that an cutting a heart is barbaric and only for Jews. Girls will still gently caress you if your heart has more skin on it :colbert:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ultimate Mango posted:

Who else is Jim Bob going to gently caress? I mean seriously. Michelle can't possibly be getting Jim Bob there. But gently caress the oldest girl and ejaculate in the general direction of Michelle and she becomes pregnant.

That or she is a total lesbo. Either way it's totally wholesome.

As a cumshitter I don't know much about female anatomy. But from what I understand the uterus gets stronger with the birth of each child. So at this point I'm pretty sure Mamma Duggar could crush two hydrogen atoms in her cooch and birth a star if she wanted to.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I would watch 13aker's Dozen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
No wonder Gothard got followers. He got hot young rear end to bend over in front of him all day, got his pick of it and taught that if you owned it, that pussy had to spread for you 24/7. He's like a redpill guy that actually skipped the whining and being a beta bitch parts. I'm surprised he wasn't charging 50k for seminars.

• Locked thread