Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The fact that the two girls are going to do to an interview to defend their brother is just disgusting.

preview of raped sister interview posted:

"I do want to speak up in his defense against people who are calling him a child molester or a pedophile or a rapist, some people are saying,” she told Kelly. “I’m like, ‘That is so overboard and a lie really.’ I mean people get mad at me for saying that, but I can say this because I was one of the victims.”

What does that even mean? "Well yeah, he's a pedo/rapist, but only I can call him that"?

e:
Lmao

quote:

Jim Bob recalled, “He said he was just curious about girls, and he had gone in and basically just touched them over their clothes while they were sleeping."

Michelle said the fact that Josh confessed to them comforted her.

“I think we had one ray of hope in that Josh had a tender conscience and he was the one that came and shared on his own, even though the others really didn’t know anything of his wrongdoing,” she said.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
There's this idea that the Duggars might somehow bounce back from this, but I'm pretty sure these interviews will be the last time a Duggar gets paid to appear on a nationwide show. Yes, there are some hardcore fans who plead via Facebook for their Jim Bob, but most people, even right-wing Christian Republican people, want nothing to do with this.

I think a lot of people in this thread over-estimate Duggar influence. Sure, they get their pictures taken with GOP candidates, but the Duggars are also trying to get their pictures taken with those candidates because it makes them look like kingmakers or some poo poo. Bill Clinton got his picture taken with Russian prostitutes at an event. Anyone half-way important has a line of people waiting to take selfies at these events. Yet for all their influence, no national candidate has won poo poo with Duggar support and their statewide influence is meh. They barely got an anti-discrimination law overturned in their own hillbilly backyard. These people can't disappear fast enough.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Darth123123 posted:

What does that even mean? "Well yeah, he's a pedo/rapist, but only I can call him that"?

it's ok, i'm sure this is totally her honest opinion and she wasn't directly or indirectly pressured into it in any sense by her family and social circle, who aren't a horrid loving gothardist cult.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

is this one of those stats where cat calling is lumped into it?

no those are CDC stats for sexual violence, the US has one of the highest rates of sexual abuse in the world, especially child abuse

here's a short pdf with a bunch of cites

it's sort of a problem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Krispy Kareem posted:

There's this idea that the Duggars might somehow bounce back from this, but I'm pretty sure these interviews will be the last time a Duggar gets paid to appear on a nationwide show. Yes, there are some hardcore fans who plead via Facebook for their Jim Bob, but most people, even right-wing Christian Republican people, want nothing to do with this.

I think a lot of people in this thread over-estimate Duggar influence. Sure, they get their pictures taken with GOP candidates, but the Duggars are also trying to get their pictures taken with those candidates because it makes them look like kingmakers or some poo poo. Bill Clinton got his picture taken with Russian prostitutes at an event. Anyone half-way important has a line of people waiting to take selfies at these events. Yet for all their influence, no national candidate has won poo poo with Duggar support and their statewide influence is meh. They barely got an anti-discrimination law overturned in their own hillbilly backyard. These people can't disappear fast enough.

valid points but also every episode they aired probably spurred some new straw chewing hick to go Quiverfull on the "We can get on TV" theory so now you have 28 more of these stupid families littering the hills

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
one of the upper management at my work is a quiverfull type [not sure if officially quiverfull or what] but he has like 7 kids I think? in all the pictures of his wife he has, she has this vietnam vet thousand yard stare and looks totally broken and dead inside and she's only like mid 30s lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I wonder if Michelle has to diligently police the newspaper for bra ads lest a man see a titty that isn't blood kin.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
*most recent interview*

lmao sterilize these people from the sky with a cropduster

Edit:

I am not kidding

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Broken Machine posted:

no those are CDC stats for sexual violence, the US has one of the highest rates of sexual abuse in the world, especially child abuse

here's a short pdf with a bunch of cites

it's sort of a problem

I mean, heck - the U.S. has 20x more reported rapes than India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

Just saying, it happens everywhere, probably at similar levels. Except for South Africa. Holy poo poo South Africa.

I wonder if Belgium and the U.S. pass each other in the bar with popped collars all like, "sup, bro".

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
wonder how much crossover there is between quiver full and neo-nazi "1488 we need to outbreed them all!" types

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

Just saying, it happens everywhere, probably at similar levels. Except for South Africa. Holy poo poo South Africa.

I wonder if Belgium and the U.S. pass each other in the bar with popped collars all like, "sup, bro".

it's difficult to get good stats on, but every country has issues with reporting. Here's a link with country / region stats:
http://journalistsresource.org/studies/government/criminal-justice/global-prevalence-child-sexual-abuse

An estimated 7.9% of men and 19.7% of women globally experienced sexual abuse prior to the age of 18.
U.S. rates were 7.5% for males and 25.3% for females.

South Africa has the highest prevalence rates for both men (60.9%) and women (43.7%). Jordan presents the second-highest prevalence rate for men (27%), followed by Tanzania (25%). Rates between 10% and 20% are reported for males in Israel (15.7%), Spain (13.4%), Australia (13%) and Costa Rica (12.8%), while the remaining countries all have prevalence rates below 10%.

For women, seven countries reported prevelence rates above 20%: Australia (37.8%), Costa Rica (32.2%), Tanzania (31.0%), Israel (30.7%), Sweden (28.1%), the United States (25.3%) and Switzerland (24.2%).

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Monkey Fracas posted:

*most recent interview*

lmao sterilize these people from the sky with a cropduster

Edit:

I am not kidding

I wonder if the future will condemn us for not stopping them when we had the chance. I estimate that at current reproductive rates, the entire population of the world will consist of Duggar kin within 250-300 years.

And the ghost of Josh Duggar will be chuckling from beyond the grave.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The thing that I do not get is that Josh sat his future wife down when they met and told her and her family what happened and neither her parents or her said "you know what maybe marrying a child molester is a bad idea"

If you were her parents and your future son in law said that...wouldn't you step in or did they truly believe that Josh was "the one"

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The thing that I do not get is that Josh sat his future wife down when they met and told her and her family what happened and neither her parents or her said "you know what maybe marrying a child molester is a bad idea"

If you were her parents and your future son in law said that...wouldn't you step in or did they truly believe that Josh was "the one"

He probably told them he repented and God forgave him. QED.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Axolotl posted:

I wonder if the future will condemn us for not stopping them when we had the chance. I estimate that at current reproductive rates, the entire population of the world will consist of Duggar kin within 250-300 years.

And the ghost of Josh Duggar will be chuckling from beyond the grave.

60 years in the future:

a bunch of similar-looking freaks with plastic hair and wooden smiles start pouring out of the bunkers armed with old M-16s

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Kro-Bar posted:

He probably told them he repented and God forgave him. QED.

It was probably also presented as "the devil corrupted him and he accidentally touched one of those tempting sisters over the clothes and it was all dealt with by professionals AND JEEEBUS FORGAVE HIM" rather than "well yeah he fingerbanged a five year old, it took like 5 times of him confessing to more molestation for us to do anything and then we totes covered that poo poo up with the aid of a paedophile cop AND JEEBUS FORGAVE HIM"

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

60 years in the future:

a bunch of similar-looking freaks with plastic hair and wooden smiles start pouring out of the bunkers armed with old M-16s

Wait, are we still talking about Fallout 4?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

well 'the one' was a gravy train ticket in their eyes

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

She married Josh for the coveted Duggar family secret chili recipe

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
the white stars and blue striped and jim bobs red face

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jim Bob is his name. Jim Bob Duggar.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i feel so disjimbobulated that people like and watch this creepo fam.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
how do the people defending them keep a straight face when they have to say "I agree with what jim bob did and think he is pretty smart" in so many words

Jim Bob

Jim Bob

*yelling out window*

JIM BOB!

It would have been pretty good if he succeeded in his campaign to be a state senator because then we could all say "that state literally has a man named Jim Bob making legislative decisions, lol"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Monkey Fracas posted:

how do the people defending them keep a straight face when they have to say "I agree with what jim bob did and think he is pretty smart" in so many words

Jim Bob

Jim Bob

*yelling out window*

JIM BOB!

It would have been pretty good if he succeeded in his campaign to be a state senator because then we could all say "that state literally has a man named Jim Bob making legislative decisions, lol"

as mentioned earlier, we had Jim Guy Tucker in the 90s. He got four years kittenjail for Whitewater poo poo. Because of his 'poor health'.

Was the recipient of a liver transplant two years after that, and has no recent history. Sounds like he got the gently caress out + is chilling in a mcmansion in some gated community, enjoying his golden years with a poor's liver

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
being a state senator sounds awesome

nobody pays that much attention to what you're doing and you can be corrupt as hell and nobody cares

show up drunk to the sessions every year, what are they gonna do? You're running unopposed for the 7th straight year lol

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i keep expecting someone to photoshop jorm blab having a boner in that picture with him talking to megyn kelly.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Darth123123 posted:

e:
Lmao

I'm pretty sure she means that people get mad when she says he's not a pedo, and that she's the only one who can say whether he is or not because she's the one that got duggared.

wrap your head around that one

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Maybe they saw it as a training routine since the girls are taught from birth that their sole purpose in life is to be pawed at by some pasty-faced wacko

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Code Jockey posted:

Fallout 4 DLC: You discover a vault hidden in the ruins of Arkansas which is drastically overpopulated by a population ravaged by incest, leaving them even more mutated than the surface dwellers

this was the plot of a dlc for fallout 3 though

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Darth123123 posted:

e:
Lmao

Oh good, so I can molest people and as long as I confess to them it's all good. Thanks for that. Woulda loved to see the spiraling poo poo storm had someone presented them with JB's own words about killing molesters

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SocketWrench posted:

Oh good, so I can molest people and as long as I confess to them it's all good. Thanks for that. Woulda loved to see the spiraling poo poo storm had someone presented them with JB's own words about killing molesters

but do you have a tender conscience

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Krispy Kareem posted:

The US statistics are thought to be underreported by a factor of 4 or 5, India it's probably more like a factor of 50/100.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Darth123123 posted:

but do you have a tender conscience

I have a tender conscience but I have never nor am I currently molesting or raping children.

I guess I'm just not christian enough.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 4, 2015

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Just tell the Duggar defenders that God has forgiven you for not being able to forgive them. They will short circuit.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

Just tell the Duggar defenders that God has forgiven you for not being able to forgive them. They will short circuit.

Get on the wire, tell them how to bring those sons of bitches down.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Ham Blob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

Jim Bob was a state representative from 1999-2002, so Arkansas literally had a man named Jim Bob making legislative decisions.

Jim Bob

Edit: he was the vice chair of the House Corrections and Criminal Law Subcommittee :psyduck:

• Locked thread