Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

Arkansas literally had a man named Jim Bob making legislative decisions.

...and?

I mean it's loving Arkansas. You can throw a rock and hit six people with redneck names without even trying ffs.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Windows 98 posted:

Also I highly suggest reading the released police report. Then when you are done rewatch the interview. Make sure you have a bottle of liquor near by when you do.

What's the trigger word for taking a shot?

This is a drinking game, right?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Jack2142 posted:

Execute Josh Duggar!

Well obviously it's only rape if a child is conceived, didn't you read his position statement? There's no mention of sexual contact that doesn't result in pregnancy being rape :colbert:

e: also notice that only if the life of the mother and child are threatened is abortion deemed acceptable. I guess if mom is going to die but the baby has a sliver of chance of survival it's just God's will, sorry mom.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 5, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

afeelgoodpoop posted:

itt a bunch of below replacement rate whites act aghast at the suggestion that mild molestation is common in big familys the conservative model family is hand-waving away literal child rape.

Fixed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^
At this point the damage control interviews are little more than the Duggars being handed a coil of rope, and them immediately tying a noose around their necks with it. STOP TALKING.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

even if lena dunham had been 18 when she molested her sister and every single person in the mainstream media and every liberal had come out to defend her i still don't know how gross you have to be to say "LIBERALS DID IT TOO" in defense of your team when somebody molests children

FWIW there really isn't any defending child rape (especially when you have years of being on the record stating rapists should all be executed), and "but both sides do it" is really the only card the right has to play anymore.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 5, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Murderion posted:

"Who trained you to pilot commercial aircraft?"

"Jesus!" :catholic:

With God all things are possible!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Now a sociologist is on explaining how Josh was a child when he was molested

Fixed.

Lord of Pie posted:

:bigtran: Josh, go read the kids their Bible story while your daddy and me go uh, work on God's will or something.
:smith: Okay

Ezekiel 23:

16 As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea.
17 Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she had been defiled by them, she turned away from them in disgust.
18 When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her naked body, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister.
19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.

I think they'd be more into the passage about Lot's daughters getting him drunk and loving him:

Gen. 19:31-35

“Come, let us make our father drink wine, and let us lie with him that we may preserve our family through our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night, and the firstborn went in and lay with her father; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. On the following day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father; let us make him drink wine tonight also; then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve our family through our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night also, and the younger arose and lay with him; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.”

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

you irl posted:

josh isn't at home anymore though? he's married and molesting his own kids now

:lol: if you really think he's the only one in that house molesting his sisters.

you irl posted:

what do the duggars think of wet dreams?

Probably something about the body cleansing itself of sin.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Boywhiz88 posted:

I found out today that Scalia is a creationist.

Did you also hear that we went to the moon and bears poo poo in the woods?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Duggarin' 2: Electric Jimbobaroo

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Lord of Pie posted:

Michelle's most likely gonna die the next time she tries to use that poison womb

God's will be done.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bean_shadow posted:

So here's hoping there's one piece of good news.

inquisitr.com posted:

The OK! source claims that Jana has let her parents know that she’s about to start applying for Christian colleges. 

I don't know if I'd call a brainwashed fundie going to a (likely) unaccredited "college" that does little more than turn out other brainwashed fundamentalists with worthless degrees much of an improvement.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Clochette posted:

Did the other girl(s) forgive him?

I doubt any of them actually did.

They're just doing what the family patriarch told them to do, as they've been trained to do since before they could walk.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

In other news today; water is wet, the pope is catholic and bears poo poo in the woods.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

1337JiveTurkey posted:

What's more, pressuring a child to forgive because "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us" is beyond hosed up. It takes the focus off the abuser's sin and instead makes the victims look at themselves as sinners even if they've done nothing wrong. They can't even comprehend just how badly they were sinned against and suddenly stealing from the candy bowl or not doing exactly what mommy and daddy say is the problem. If the victim doesn't drop it forever, then it's their own fault because God's already forgiven the abuser. They don't give a poo poo about forgiveness, they just give a poo poo about maintaining control.

Posting this again because it should be posted on every page:

Specifically #8.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SpeedGem posted:

Don't worry guys, there is hope for TLC yet.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/10/family_of_12_boys_wonders_will.html

Edit : And he would like to see the effect of adding a girl to the mix in a household with 12 boys, ranging in age from 15 months to 22 years.

:banjo: :stonkhat: :barf:

I think they already have it covered - best quote on that page (referring to their 15 month old son):

quote:

“He’s at a fun age, and the boys are just enjoying him.”

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dangerous times, indeed!

First they came for the street preachers, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't a street preacher. Next they came for the pedophile apologist reality TV family, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't part of a pedophile apologist reality TV family. Then they came for me...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SpeedGem posted:

probably dinosaurs. who knows.

I would have also accepted "satan" or "liberals" as an answer.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Krispy Kareem posted:

I'm going to wager Jim Bob skips the Lott stories at the evening Bible study, though.

I wonder if that would have been before or after Josh's "youthful discretions" with his sisters...

Geoj fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 23, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

:lol: by those estimates (6 years @ $25 million/year) they've squandered a $125 million fortune.

Maybe we'll get a followup "where are they now" episode in 5-10 years, with the entire family living in squalor after having to sell their compound and move into a couple of triple-wides at a trailer park while living on government assistance :allears:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Krispy Kareem posted:

They've got money. It sounds like they're petitioning for church donations.

Begging for money online so you can make low-effort youtube videos doesn't come off as the actions of the financially stable.

Astrofig posted:

Oh but they COULDN'T do that! Welfare is for *horrified whisper* the coloreds! *scarechord*

You don't think that a family that hand-waved away literal child rape would have a problem twisting themselves into pretzels to justify why government assistance is OK in their specific case but wrong for everyone else?

Geoj fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 30, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Krispy Kareem posted:

The Bible is full of some really terrible explanations for a lot of things, but they actually managed to inexplicably nail the maximum human lifespan due to cell reproduction and degradation.

Stopped clock is right twice a day, throw enough poo poo against the wall and some of it is bound to stick, etc. etc.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Maneki Neko posted:

Holy gently caress their house looks like it was decorated at a motel surplus sale

It probably was. They like to tout how "frugal" they are.

At least if you don't count having more children than you can count on two hands...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
:lol: if anyone really thinks the response from the Duggar compound is going to be anything besides "liebrals lying again" or "Josh is already forgiven."

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Indubitable Leg posted:

I would give so much to be able to witness the convo that's happening at the Duggar compound right now

Probably pretty dry "begging god for forgiveness after giving into the devil's temptations" marathon prayer sessions; not much to write home about after the first five minutes or so.

Indubitable Leg posted:

"I could forgive alot, especially when we had the show, I could forgive the kiddy fiddlin'. But HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON ME!?"

Much like the child rape they'll probably handwave it away as "at least he was cheating with women and isn't a homogay."

Geoj fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 20, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

They don't seem to understand how the internet works.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Buffer Overflow posted:

I wonder how many kitchens Josh is going to have to build this time.

None. He didn't break any laws this time and the cat's already out of the bag so they don't have to awkwardly cover it up.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PassTheRemote posted:

or the stripper knocking on the door with Josh's bastard kid.

Or a rent boy with evidence so they can't deny it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Windows 98 posted:

When you think about it cheating on your wife is pretty traditional for a lot of people repressed christians

Fixed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Would have a a beer with that brother in law

He's probably like a libertarian - makes one good point you agree with and then everything else coming out of his mouth is bat-poo poo insanity.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Do It Once Right posted:

I have this image in my head of half a dozen somber Duggar family meetings that end with Jim Bob asking, "Are you 100% sure that there's nothing else you're forgetting?"

I get the feeling this is one of those situations where you could just about fill the Grand Canyon with the skeletons in Josh Duggar's closet.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

BrigadierSensible posted:

So Josh may be an arsehole, but my contempt goes to the system that creaded him, and enslaves all the poor women around him. (Anna who wont get a divorce because of the 'shame' it would cause etc.)

This might explain the molestation when he was a teenager, but I have nothing but contempt for him regarding lobbying for the FRC while engaging in the very lifestyle they oppose.

He can go get hosed in every conceivable way someone can get hosed as far as I'm concerned.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
This isn't the first time I've heard of "having boys and men together naked is a good way to keep them from turning gay" from conservative fundies:

James Dobson posted:

Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard. He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger.

:gay:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Blizzy_Cow posted:

What exactly makes courdory a sin? Its a fairly comfortable material and makes a fun noise when you rub your legs together.

It makes a fun noise when you rub your legs together, therefore encouraging the person wearing it to rub their legs together like a harlot.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Shnag posted:

Maybe we can hope Jim Bob takes the lords name in vain, when he accidentally hammers his thumb while sprucing up his church. Then that inexplicably turns the fundies against him.

Nothing a marathon prayer session or two wouldn't fix. I honestly don't know if there's anything they could do that would permanently alienate a majority of their fanbase assuming they didn't claim it was a "temptation" and immediately repent and beg for forgiveness.

Its part of that whole christian tradition of "I can do whatever I want because god has already forgiven me :smug:"

Shnag posted:

I never understand the fixation on homosexuality being a major in sin. Its not even one of the "7 Deadly Sins". If they really try they could try to say lust, but that falls flat on its face considering they try to prevent same sex marriage. Even then, why is that an issue while selling sex on tv isn't? Not to mention gluttony, greed and envy seem to be true American values rather then major sins.

Homosexuality is a good wedge issue that riles up the fundamentalist base and gets them to open up their pocketbooks. Just like abortion - god is the biggest cause of infanticide if you take the old testament seriously but its still in the top five of hot-button issues for christian fundamentalists.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

BrigadierSensible posted:

On the quiverfulls and sex:

So the woman has to "submit to her husband" whenever he is in the mood right? Does this include oral? Anal? Kinky poo poo?

I'm sure anything sexual that isn't specifically for procreation is frowned upon at best and likely explicitly forbidden.

Killer_B posted:

Remember, in many circles, sodomy isn't referring exclusively to anal penetration...It's got the context set to include oral penetration as well.

The classical definition of sodomy is any sex act that isn't masturbation or PiV.

cumshitter posted:

Maybe it could be like Scooby Doo. Every time Josh gropes someone it ends up being one of his counselors, or Satan, in a very convincing costume.

The "...and I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!" catchphrase would go well with that show.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Amarcarts posted:

We need a sci-fi novel about the Duggar wars: Jim Bob's Game

You could pretty much write him into Mad Max: Fury Road playing the role of Immortan Joe - only with far more imperfect children.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Robotnik Nudes posted:

So am I the only one who doesn't really have much sympathy for Anna and the rest of the Duggar Ovary Housing Meat Machines?

If you consider that since birth women born into a quiverfull family have been raised to be little more than brood mares you really can't help but feel sorry for them.

Realistically what are her options? She has no real life skills and has been taught since she was old enough to speak that she is to be subservient to men at all times.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

McFetusBurger posted:

What would Josh have to do for christians to say "that one was all on him"?

As fundamentalist christians I don't think there is anything he could do to turn them against him. He's already forgiven by god, and god's laws trump man's laws, judgment is not their's to make and therefore all is forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Mercury_Storm posted:

He could come out as gay or trans, that would make them turn against him real goddamn quick. Not that it's going to happen, but in the hypothetical universe where he did do so, for whatever reason, he would be un-personed by the evangelical community overnight.

If he was unrepentant about it, sure, but I think the rubes that follow them wouldn't bat an eye at Josh being caught every other month sucking random guys' dicks at the local adult movie theater while high on ecstasy as long as he did the song and dance of apologizing, doing a marathon prayer session or three and/or going off to christian reparative therapy camp for a few weeks.

If these people handwaved away literal child rape why would they give two shits about consensual sex between two (or more) adults?

• Locked thread