Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

From Gothard institute on dealing with sexual abuse

Yes, because only boys are capable of molesting younger siblings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Interesting story about a woman who escaped the Quiverfull movement.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/how-playing-good-christian-housewife-almost-killed-me

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My bet is on Michelle being able to pump out 1 or 2 more babies (likely with physical or mental disabilities) before she eventually dies of a pregnancy complication, leaving her oldest unwed daughters to become full time moms instead of part-time moms.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Wedemeyer posted:

Same. My second thought was that wow, this kid probably has zero time to himself ever. No wonder he's in a bathroom for hours. They all have no privacy whatsoever, and I don't even mean that regarding time to masturbate. They don't even have their own rooms, do they? Granted there's nothing wrong with sharing a room with one other sibling [same sex I mean, just not girl/boy unless they can agree on decor]. No wonder he's hosed up among other reasons.

One of the few episodes I remember watching, they had just built this giant house and some of the older girls were going to get their own rooms, but they decided they didn't want their own rooms. The teenage girls chose to keep sharing a bedroom.

They had become so used to constantly being around other people that the thought of sleeping in a bedroom alone terrified them.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Indubitable Leg posted:

Seriously though what is it with fundies and having all the kids names start with the same letter? The Duggars had J's, the Palins had T's atleast with Track and Trigg. Is it so they don't have to think too hard?

The most reasonable explanation I can think of is so that if an older sibling writes their initials on their clothing and then passes it down to a younger sibling, the initials can stay the same.

Although that makes the most sense when the kids are in school and they'll write their initials on their shoes and stuff.

My cousins on one side are named Susan and Steven and my cousins on the other side are Jasmine, Jennifer and Jaclyn.

• Locked thread