Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There is always more and it is always worse

quote:

Honey Boo Boo matriarch Mama June Shannon is so angry about TLC’s handling of the revelation that 19 Kids and Counting’s Josh Duggar molested girls (including his sisters) as a teenager, that she’s threatening to sue the network, TMZ reports.

TLC quickly cancelled Here Comes Honey Boo Boo last year with a whole season of the show taped and in the tank after it was alleged that Shannon had entered in a relationship with Mark McDaniel, a convicted sex offender who allegedly molested Shannon’s own daughter, Anna Cardwell. She tells TMZ she’s out “hundreds of thousands of dollars” now that the show is over.

So far, the network has stayed quiet in regards to 19 Kids and Counting, documenting the lives of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and their children. Their oldest, Josh Duggar, was revealed in a story by inTouch Weekly yesterday to have been accused as a teenager of molesting multiple underage girls—including his own sisters. As US Weekly noticed, TLC actually aired a 19 Kids and Counting marathon last night.

"I read that the Duggar family said, this happening with their son brought them closer to God and each other. So they’re saying it’s ok to have family touch time? Hell no,” Mama June told TMZ.

Here’s an idea: How about no one on any TLC show ever has any family touch time?

From gawker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Valuum posted:

I did 2 years in prison and I will tell you there is a HUGE correlation between pedophiliac crimes and hardcore Christianity. I'm not going to bash religion but seriously, there were tons of groups of hanus pedophiles on the yard sitting around reading the bible. When church would let you you would see a LINE of old white child molesters walk straight from the church right to the sex offender housing unit. They used to get sucker punched and smashed with padlocks too, gotta love that!

"The bigger the bible the smaller the baby" - actual prison saying.

ALL of the heads of the church, both catholic and non denominational, were sex offenders, 100%...

Edit: most of the non-sex offender Christians wouldn't even go to service because it was 80% hanus old white chomos.

Edit 2: "LEVITICUS 3:12 HE WHO SUCKETH THE BABIES DICK SHALL BE FORGIVEN, MY SIPPY CUP RUNNETH OVER"

How would this guy be treated in prison (I'm an optimist) given that his crimes involved pedophilia AND the victims were his sisters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Huckabee is loving vile

quote:

Arkansas police have destroyed the 2006 offense report detailing accusations of sexual misconduct against 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar on a judge’s orders, according to the Associated Press. The offense report—originally obtained by inTouch Weekly—can still be read here.

Springdale police spokesman Scott Lewis told the AP that Judge Stacey Zimmerman ordered the report destroyed on Thursday. Usually, such records are kept indefinitely. “As far as the Springdale Police Department is concerned, this report doesn’t exist,” Lewis said.

The Duggars are deeply embedded in Arkansas state politics, and several Arkansas Republicans, including former Governor Mike Huckabee, have defended the family. “Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive bloodthirst,” Huckabee wrote in a Facebook post published on Friday.

“There was no consideration of the fact that the victims wanted this to be left in the past,” Huckabee wrote. “Ultimately a judge had the information on file destroyed—not to protect Josh, but the innocent victims.”
http://gawker.com/arkansas-police-destroy-josh-duggars-offense-report-1706520227

You can read the redacted police reports here
:nms: https://imgur.com/a/zqPMi :nms:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Here have a story that may or may not be true

quote:

In 2008 I worked on the set of what was then known as “17 Kids and Counting” and I have something to tell you. ...

During this time, the Duggars had very limited exposure to what they called the “outside world” and so most of the crew members being from larger cities, we were all very surprised at how very little they knew or understood about places like New York, Los Angeles, and London. All of their perceptions of these places were the most exaggerated stereotype cariacatures as if their only source of news was from locally produced religious cartoons from the 1980s. As in, LA is full of surfer dudes and Valley girls, and everyone in New York talks and walks like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, walks in packs carrying switchblades, spray paints graffiti at every turn, with the only safe haven oddly being the mighty Trump Tower. Yes, Trump Tower was Jim Bob’s go-to when talking anecdotally about the elegance of lavish and luxurious places. ... They didn’t own a television or had an Internet connection at that time, so, really, next to second hand church gossip, the local newspaper was really their only link to anything outside of Arkansas. The producers of the show had instructed crew members to not ever engage in conversation on our own with Jim Bob or Michelle in fears that we may either say something normal that they would find objectionable or that they would say something to where we’d react funny because we weren’t used to their level of “unwordliness” I think it was put.

We were constantly reminded that we were not to upset them or taint their version of the world, which is why they wanted limited conversation. Even a lighthearted conversation that might actually educate them about something they were horribly ignorant about was seen as tainting their view. It was very much like being told to not tell your little sister about Santa Claus.

So, during the leadup to their first family trip to New York to appear on the Today Show, Michelle started approaching some of us about New York and if it’s “scary for kids”. Because Michelle came to us, it was acceptable to entertain conversing with her but producers would always rush over and monitor the conversation. That very day we had a couple of crewmembers new to the set not familiar with the drill. She had directed this question to four of us who all happened to be standing together. As tempting as it was to give some ridiculous answer, the producer’s face reminded us to just be polite and give her the answer she wants. Well, the followup question is when it went completely off the rails. “Well, I hear the city is overrun by ..... gays... has that been causing a lot of problems?” One of the new crewmembers laughed and said “Why don’t you ask “Jimmy”? (Changed his name) and then proceeds to yell over his shoulder “Hey, Jimmy, you giving the city lots of problems???” Jimmy as you can guess, was gay, but this fact was completely lost on the Duggars.

It took her a minute to process that the joke answer might mean that there might really be one of these gays she’s always heard about nearby! In her house, even! She pulled the producer over to the corner and started yelling at him and demanding to know if what was just said was a joke, and that she wants to see Jimmy. We’re all watching this go down from a distance dying inside at how funny this was, and how poo poo is about to really hit a very big fan. The producer is now in a very tough position, because Jimmy is a veteran of the industry and is excellent at what he does, but now the Duggars’ weird uncultured Pollyanna worldview is threatening to disrupt the production staff. We could see the producer trying to calm her down and offering to have a talk with Jimmy (who we all thought was at a rig about 500 feet away, far enough out of ear shot) when suddenly Jimmy appears. ...

Michelle asked point blank “So ... you’re .... gay???” The four of us are staring at this from a distance as if we’re on the edge of our seats, completely shocked that someone in 2008 would even do that, and Jimmy ... suddenly strikes a pose like a model in a pinup photo, and responds “Well, darling, depends on who’s asking!” Holy poo poo, the four of us watching were doubled over in pain laughing so hard at this. ...

Well, when we returned, we found out that Jimmy was removed, fired from the set, and transferred to another production, and that none of us are to breathe a word of what we saw to anyone. The official reason given to pacify the Duggars was that he was “fired due to causing conflicts with the talent”. Talent! Amazing how such a small sentence can contain so much hyperbole. He was fired 100% because he was gay and for no other reason. The conflict was because he was gay. Of course, he wasn’t really fired fired, but taken off this particular crew. Jimmy was super cool and took it all in stride, and understood the reasoning and the delicate balance the producers needed to have to please these stupid people. And the reason he never came forward or made a stink was because he was paid a bonus and moved to a more desirable production. The dramatics of the “firing” was inflated for the Duggars’ benefit, stupid enough to believe that normal people from more progressive parts of America would support the removal of a gay person from a job filled with union democrats. (Another secret they weren’t aware of!)

...They kept a very tight lid on this incident, because on future tapings when new crews would be swapped in, they were suspiciously more and more straight-edged Christian than you’d typically see on the set of a television show, any television show, outside of the 700 Club. As long as the Duggars are comfortable and safe from the scary city gays, all went according to plan. ...

Sorry this was so long, I guess I could have just told you that Michelle got someone fired because they were gay, but I thought setting the scene is important to the story. Enjoy!

http://defamer.gawker.com/tell-your-duggar-tales-did-michelle-duggar-get-a-gay-c-1706502185

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
As Josh Duggar's admittance of "wrongdoing" continues to make headlines in the wake of sexual molestation allegations, a video has resurfaced showing the 19 Kids and Counting star making what appears to be a joke about siblings dating.

The clip, from 2008 when the TLC show was called 17 Kids and Counting, shows Josh explaining why he needed to find someone to double-date with him and then-fiancée Anna. (The Duggars follow strict religious rules about courting, which includes no kissing or un-chaperoned dates until marriage.)

After finding out that his sister, Jinger Duggar, couldn't chaperone him and Anna on a movie date, Josh explains that he decided to go out with his siblings, Jana and John David Duggar, on what he refers to as a "double date."

"So, we chose Jana and John David – we thought why not, have a double date," Josh, now 27, said. The camera then cuts and the eldest Duggar son jokes, "We are from Arkansas!"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meet the dog torturer/hanger Huckabee

Dave

You forgot the worst part.

He's a mortgage broker.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0vSNSIGASE

:cumpolice:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
From Cosmopolitan:

So you’ve never kissed anyone?

Jessa: Nope — well, I mean my brothers! I think all of us girls have really purposed to save our first kiss for our wedding day.

Okay, not that weird. Lots of people kiss their brothers. But this question is just a lead-up to this series of Qs.

Have you ever been curious about what it’s like?

Jessa: I can’t say I haven’t been, but it’s the anticipation, the suspense! It’s like Christmas morning, you know? Open this special package so it’ll be fun!

Are you going to ask anyone for advice?

Jessa: I’m sure I’ll be getting advice from people who are good kissers!

Like who?

Jessa: My parents are pretty good kissers! They very much like to show their kiss in public places, so they kiss in front of us all the time. [And I’d ask] my oldest brother. He’s been married for five years. And friends and people around me who I look up to. But I don’t think it’s too hard to figure out though.

http://jezebel.com/the-duggar-girls-learned-to-kiss-from-jim-bob-and-josh-1706786807

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bring General Sherman back, give him nukes.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I still vote on giving Arkansas back to France. I'd even throw in $20 to sweeten the deal.

Uh huh huh le incest cest magnifique. Le Huckabee est grande.
:france:
:france:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So I take it Josh will be keynoting CPAC next year?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

happyhippy posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/creationist-pastor-if-evolution-is-true-then-it-wasnt-wrong-for-josh-duggar-to-molest-his-sisters/

Dumb gently caress says that Josh should be punished by making him do what he was doing already.

And Josh molesting proves God is real too.

Wow I had no idea Kent Hovind was out of Jail.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

happyhippy posted:

I want to see the house the Josh built as his punishment to cure him of his sexual predatory nature.
Bet you it has phallic poo poo all over it.
Or titties.
A house covered in dicks and tits.

I was about to post groverhouse but then I realised I had my moderators mixed up :aatrek:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

A communist and a pedophile

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jim Bob

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Much like Josh, Jim Bob doesn't spare the rod:

quote:

The report reads; 'Inv. Taylor asked [name redacted] about getting spanked. [Name redacted] said that when [redacted] is bad that [redacted] mother and dad spank [redacted].

'Inv. Taylor asked what they use to spank. [Redacted] said that they have a rod.

'Inv. Taylor asked if they do this to all the kids [redacted] said yes.

'Inv. Taylor asked if they leave any bruising [redacted] said no.'

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If Huckabee was president, he would make Jim Bob his secretary of defence or something.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

PT6A posted:

Jim Bob

Cannot emphasize this enough.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

I was rewatching the old 14 Kids special and noticed when they were preparing to pack up the 1st hour and move into the 2nd temporary house is when Josh came back from "rehab". If you click to marker 2:19 in this video, you'll see he is practically bald, at 16 years old:

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26189&start=300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3isDJQ2nTR8&t=140s

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Looks like meat's back on the menu boys

quote:

Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.

-Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/posts/661985230601796

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Melmac posted:

Of course they'd take a selfie there. Of course.

His hobby is molesting his sisters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

It looks like besides tomorrow evenings interview, Friday is a one hour special

I did not have sexual relations with that woman, my sister.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
TLC talent agent: so what do you call your act?
Jim Bob: The Duggars!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is some depraved stuff.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You can watch it here if you must http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jim-bob-michelle-duggar-open-up-to-megyn-kelly-about-their-son-josh-molesting-his-sisters/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Who calls their daughter Megyn?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The fact that the two girls are going to do to an interview to defend their brother is just disgusting.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Top City Homo posted:

joshs age just keeps going up and up everytime more facts come out

I keep getting older and they stay the same age - Josh on his sisters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jim Bob

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
TLC is just biding its time til it can find another 20 child family and throw the Duggars under the bus.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Melmac posted:

More child rape apologists: http://www.nbc12.com/story/29246186...ing-the-duggars

Hey you know what most guys Josh's age were jerking their meat-whistles to when they were 15? Jenna Jameson, Jennifer

Oh god those sound like Duggar names.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why does she still get attention? She's not even on fox anymore.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Teach me how to Duggar
T-teach me how to Duggar
Teach me how to Duggar
T-teach me how to Duggar
All my sisters love me
All my, all my sisters love me
All my sisters love me
You aint fuckin wit my Duggar! x2

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

To get the Josh Duggar story, InTouch utilized solid investigative journalism

Until Caitlyn Jenner displaced it in the tabloid firmament last week, the hottest story in America’s booming celebrity-gossip industry was the revelations about Josh Duggar. The eldest kid on the popular “19 Kids and Counting” reality TV series, Duggar, now 27, was identified in a 2005 police report as the alleged molester of five young girls, including four of his sisters, when he was a teenager.

Unlike the highly orchestrated Jenner story, the revelations about Duggar came from actual journalistic digging. And it came from a somewhat unlikely source: InTouch Weekly, a magazine and Web site not known as a giant of investigative journalism, even within the Kardashian-centric universe it inhabits.

InTouch’s last big splash, so to speak, was in January, when it photoshopped Jenner’s head onto a female model’s body to suggest what he might look like as a woman. At the time, Jenner’s intentions were rumored but unconfirmed, and InTouch’s cover was widely denounced as trashy and insensitive.

Yet InTouch has led coverage of the sordid Duggar story with what looks like solid reporting. Although rumors about Duggar’s past have appeared periodically on the Internet for years, the magazine nailed it by disclosing the police investigation and incident report. It subsequently revealed that Duggar’s father, Jim Bob, waited a year before reporting the allegations to authorities.

Not long after InTouch dropped its first bombshell, Josh Duggar resigned from his job at the Family Research Council, a conservative advocacy group based in Washington. His parents later acknowledged the veracity of the allegations, and Josh Duggar has apologized for “my wrongdoing.” Meanwhile, TLC, the cable network owned by Discovery Communications of Silver Spring, Md., has put “19 Kids and Counting” in limbo, its return to the air uncertain.

The scoops have damaged the Duggars’ wholesome image, but they have been very, very good for InTouch, which competes against supermarket-checkout titans such as the National Enquirer, Star and OK! as well as Web sites such as Gawker, RadarOnline and TMZ. Most of InTouch’s 425,000 weekly copies are sold on newsstands, and the sensational Duggar headlines have produced a 15 percent bump in sales, at $2.99 per copy. Web traffic has shot up 25 percent, the magazine said.

“This all comes from good, basic journalism,” said David Perel, editorial director of InTouch and its sister gossip-purveyors, Life & Style and Closer. “It comes from being there. It’s knowing where to attack and where to start digging.”

The Duggar “get” is perhaps the highest-profile story InTouch has published since it was launched in 2002 by Bauer Media Group, a magazine and broadcasting conglomerate based in Germany.

The previous biggest story for the magazine, which is based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., was its 2013 exclusive about the late Robert Kardashian’s diaries. The famed lawyer revealed “a heartbreaking childhood portrait of [daughters] Kim, Kourtney and Khloé and a damning picture,” as InTouch put it, of the Kardashian kids’ mother and his ex-wife, Kris, who later married Bruce Jenner.

The Duggar story came together quickly over a three-week period, said Perel, a veteran tabloid editor who joined the publication in late 2013 after guiding both the National Enquirer and Radar Online. He won’t name the magazine’s sources, but a woman named Tandra Barnfield apparently was a helpful guide.

Barnfield was contacted by an InTouch reporter, Melissa Roberto, earlier this year after Barnfield posted a photo on Instagram of her kissing her wife, Samantha Muzny, in front of the Duggars’ home near Springdale, Ark. The photo — a protest, Barnfield said, of Michelle Duggar’s role in promoting opposition to an anti-discrimination initiative last year — had gone viral.

During their conversation, Barnfield, who lives in the Houston area but has family in Springdale, told Roberto about the police report. “It wasn’t like it was a rumor to us,” Barnfield said in an interview. “We knew all about it. . . . It wasn’t hard to get it. You just had to know where to look.”

In fact, it was a little more complicated than that. Perel quickly dispatched two reporters to Springdale and hired a local law firm to advise the magazine about Arkansas’ open-records law, which enables residents (but not reporters from New Jersey) to obtain public documents.

The law firm filed the records request — and was rewarded with a copy of the original police report several days later. “We got it fast,” Perel said.

More requests and more documents followed, although Perel said the magazine hasn’t got everything it wanted. “Do I have more information on the Duggars in general?” he said. “Yes, I’d say we have some significant things coming out,” though he declined to say what.

Perel and Barnfield both deny that InTouch paid any sources for information, a common if ethically fraught practice among tabloid publications. (Perel, however, acknowledges that his magazine has paid for other stories.)

InTouch’s investigation of the Duggars has drawn the sort of recriminations and controversy that could form the basis of its own tabloid story. The most common line of attack, from Sarah Palin and Fox News, among others: that the stories are part of a left-wing media conspiracy against a family that has been a paragon of conservative values.

Perel has heard that before. When he was editing the National Enquirer, some of its scoops were also dismissed as politically motivated — but from alternating sides. The Enquirer enraged conservatives, for example, when it revealed radio host Rush Limbaugh’s addiction to pain killers. And it took heat from liberals when it revealed the extramarital affairs and out-of-wedlock children fathered by former Sen. John Edwards (D-N.C.) and civil rights activist the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

The InTouch editor also rebuts claims that the magazine revealed underage victims’ names in its Duggar stories. “In Touch did not name the victims in any of its articles,” he said. “Many people were able to correctly speculate about the identity of four of the victims by the information released by the city of Springdale. The fifth victim’s identity is also known to In Touch and has not been disclosed.”

Celebrity-obsessed or not, Perel cites principles that could govern any newsroom: “We always want to make sure we get the whole story. You always have to be digging for what you don’t know. . . . Our intent has been to simply tell the truth about a newsworthy personality.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...d44e_story.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Darth123123 posted:

Abortion count. I want to see it.

1 abortion ha ha ha, 2 abortions ha ha ha

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lazy_Liberal posted:

jimbob is my safe word

Which is also what the Duggar children yell out when the sex gets too rough.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
For real Megyn sounds like a quiverfull family first name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

You would think they would actually hire some a good PR guy given how much poo poo they are in.

• Locked thread