Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Nah the circumcised heart bit is actually in the bible. One of the letters from Paul I think.

I still giggle every time I hear it though.

References to "circumcised heart" appears in the following parts of the Bible:

quote:

Deuteronomy 10:12

And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deuteronomy 10:13

and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?

Deuteronomy 10:14

To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.

Deuteronomy 10:15

Yet the Lord set his affection on your ancestors and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations—as it is today.

Deuteronomy 10:16

Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

quote:

Deuteronomy 30:1

When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come on you and you take them to heart wherever the Lord your God disperses you among the nations,

Deuteronomy 30:2

and when you and your children return to the Lord your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today,

Deuteronomy 30:3

then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes[a] and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you.

Deuteronomy 30:4

Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back.

Deuteronomy 30:5

He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors.

Deuteronomy 30:6

The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

quote:

Jeremiah 4:3

This is what the Lord says to the people of Judah and to Jerusalem:

“Break up your unplowed ground
and do not sow among thorns.

Jeremiah 4:4

Circumcise yourselves to the Lord,
circumcise your hearts,
you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem,
or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire
because of the evil you have done—
burn with no one to quench it.

quote:

Jeremiah 9:25

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will punish all who are circumcised only in the flesh—

Jeremiah 9:26

Egypt, Judah, Edom, Ammon, Moab and all who live in the wilderness in distant places.[e] For all these nations are really uncircumcised, and even the whole house of Israel is uncircumcised in heart.”

quote:

Ezekiel 44:6

Say to rebellious Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Enough of your detestable practices, people of Israel!

Ezekiel 44:7

In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant.

Ezekiel 44:8

Instead of carrying out your duty in regard to my holy things, you put others in charge of my sanctuary.

Ezekiel 44:9

This is what the Sovereign Lord says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites.

quote:

Acts 7:51

“You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

quote:

Romans 2:28

A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.

Romans 2:29

No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top City Homo posted:

rotund human being sons

Has no one told them that they are in direct violation of these Biblical directives?

quote:

Proverbs 23:2
And put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite.

Proverbs 23:20-21
Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

Proverbs 28:7
The one who keeps the law is a son with understanding, but a companion of gluttons shames his father.

• Locked thread