Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

Speaking of which, the jims are bobbing again...

http://www.etonline.com/news/196274_jessa_duggar_pregnant_with_second_child/

Who the hell names their kid 'Spurgeon?!' Mean parents that's who.

Presumably after Baptist preacher Charles Spurgeon. Of course, they couldn't just name the kid Charles because then how would everyone know how Baptist they were?

Could be worse, I spent my sister's bridal shower chatting with a kid named Godestablishedyou, which I hope flows better in Hebrew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

Or why not Charles and Spurgeon for the middle name? Spurgeon was good at oralorating, but surnames don't usually make good personal names unless they're already one that is used as both, like Dick or James. I guess it's a memorable name. Good job on your snowflake!

It's a shame Martin Luther is out of circulation. That was A-game religious kidnaming

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Rambling Robot posted:

I'm sure this guy dedicated his life to something other than "Christ". According to the article he assaulted the girl over a three-year period. Christ...

"Suffer little children to come unto me"

• Locked thread