Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Panfilo posted:

Also, how come the father of the girl that was not related to them hasn't made some huge deal about this? I thought that generally these types of dads are the dads that are all like, "If anyone TOUCHES mah daughter, I'll use mah smitin' shovel to bury their body". So why hasn't the family of the 'friend' come forward to give their side of the story?

Because they're all members of the same church...which JimBob runs on property he owns. The huge majority of these families are poor as poo poo because the women aren't allowed to work, so they've got enormous families on one income and here's JimBob with a big old checkbook, running the church you're a member of to align with his own personal agenda. The father isn't piping up for multiple reasons...it's likely a combination of hush money, fear of being cast out from the church, and a deep need to keep hiding that his daughter was a horrible slut who made that poor sweet innocent boy touch her (thereby making her unmarriageable because she's a big slutty sinner, after all ATI teaches that if girls are molested or raped, it's their fault for making the men want them). Likely the only reason the Duggar girls can still be sold off to the highest bidder is because the Duggars hold the biggest purse strings in the movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
Jimminy Bobbity Boo

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm going to guess, and hope for the best, that "neutering" here refers to unwanted behaviors, such as crying, or being curious. I assume that most of those methods are similar to blanket training. You beat, terrorize and starve your children until they don't do the thing.

E: your child is in "neutral" when in storage or awaiting instructions. Motionless, silent, poop free.

I'm assuming it was a typo and was intended to say "nurturing"

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Ultimate Mango posted:

There are accounts of blanket training in this thread. It's roughly: Take a baby who is learning to crawl and put them on a blanket. If they go to crawl off the blanket hit the, with a switch or ruler or something to get them to stay on the blanket. If they cry or whatever anywhere take them to the blanket. If they are bad, blanket. I can't even write more it sounds too horrifying and I have a one year old at home.

You forgot the part where you're supposed to seed the area with high interest items to entice the literal infant into defying your godlike authority. Then when they fall for it because they are literally infants, you beat them with switches or sticks or the highly recommended decent sized length of 1/4" plumbing tube.

• Locked thread