Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portals
Apr 17, 2012

b
o
b

m
i
j

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Honestly, I'm so jaded that I assume anyone who makes 7 figures, has any position of power, or willfully spends times with children that aren't their own, are all pedophiles.

that's a really cynical view of teachers, daycare workers, and pediatricians

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

Full Battle Rattle posted:

What kind of teacher makes 7 figures?

he said "or willfully spends times with children that aren't their own", not "and willfully spends times with children that aren't their own"

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

they're fancy spoons

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

Do It Once Right posted:

I GIS'd vaginal prolapse.

To all women posters, why don't you insist on adoption? Pregnancy is hosed up and has an absurd amount of health issues and side-effects and consequences associated with it.
I shoot a load and I'm done. You're totally hosed, and you don't even know how hosed until well after the fact. How do you even budget for that?

from what I've heard, pregnancy hormones usually mess with your brain so the idea of having a kid outweighs the downside of wrecking your downstairs. plus it presumably heals up after a while, the human body is pretty resilient

anyways that's why legalizing birth control and abortions is pretty drat important, having a child is like changing your life from normal to hard mode and women should be able to decide when they're ready for that

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

Commie NedFlanders posted:

whoa hold up perhaps i'm missing something but when was the duggar family going around accusing people of rape or hating on others?

i haven't seen too much about them, but every time i look further they seem very judicious and careful and open and not at all like your fundie aunt who gets drunk and screams about the gays at thanksgiving

they are blatantly homophobic and transphobic and most of their practices involve not treating women like fellow humans so basically if you're not a straight cisgendered male you should have an issue with them

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

yeah no i'm gonna have to hold my judgement on this one.

unfortunately liberals are so quick to cal someone homophobia or transphobic or paint them in these horrible ways simply for disagreeing with them. i've seen it too much.

if they really do have that sort of hatred in their heart, i hope they will heal and grow, but i haven't seen it.

let's be honest here. a lot of what liberals call homophobia or transfobia is really just insensitivity and some faux pas

while i understand there is some bigotry which should NOT be tolerated, don't go tripping over yourselves trying to find every secret homophobe like it's some red scare bs.

here's a lesson perhaps that liberal critics of christianity should learn from christians: when someone does something bad, it is not good or helpful to do it back to them.

if we want an open and tolerant and polite and good society, then we need to slow our roll when it comes to trying to purge out anyone who isn't up to speed yet.

i mean i understand the irony here speaking as a communist, revolutionary terror has its place whatever, but come on

bro look, they sent out a robocall that was blatantly against trans people. it sure as heck wasnt just a "faux pas"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ation-robocall/

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

I know the westboro baptist church says that god hates fags, but they're really just under the control of the conservatives. they look more like concerned parents to me, letting people know the dangers of sinning. the drat liberal media is so biased against christians

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

westboro baptist church is shameful garbage

and the duggar family adults aren't?

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

Bob

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

Portals
Apr 17, 2012