Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

I think Bob, Jim's original plan before Josh went and duggared it up was to expand into shows for his older kids. Josh would have a show, Jessa would have a show, and so on.

Josh's show is now dead and honestly 19 Kids and Counting is probably toast as well. My guess is TLC's bringing Jim Bob back only long enough to get the sisters' shows going. Advertisers won't be as skittish about Jessa and Sturgeon or Jill and Ugly Aaron Rogers. Sure it's not Jim and Michelle, but as long as his kids are on the air he's still getting publicity for his church and movement. That's where the real money is.

Now if rumors are true and Jill is a fake missionary and Jessa leaves Sturgeon, then Jim Bob will have to put all his hopes on Josiah.

Link to the rumours please

WhyteRyce posted:

Kody is a clueless idiot who I enjoy laughing at. Also when they do things like try to explain their business to actual business people
This is exactly why I occasionally watch it with my wife. It's hilarious when they take themselves seriously or try to do something beyond doing a family vacation/trip

Otherwise it's the most boring tv show out there. There's three fat blondes and a brunette who all compete for attention by creating a shitload of innocuous drama while boohoohoo'ing about money as they sit in a bunch of massive houses sipping ice cold water in the middle of a god forsaken desert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Watching the brunette slowly morph into the other three is also amusing

They jump up and down tell anyone who listens or interviews then that Kody is a great dad who has time for everyone. And then one of the wives got catfished because she was lonely

lmfao tru

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rambling Robot posted:

can't wait for more jim bob on tv!!!! god bless!!!

av/post, uh, combo?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Didn't think there was more than one kind of three way with the Duggars that sounds repulsive

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Our business plan is to sell jewelry that represents polygamist values that are shared by less than 1% of the American population

Why aren't we making any money guys??? How can we grow our business???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I can't wait for the Kody Klan to be torn asunder by divorce and hopefully plague

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BUT IF THE GAYS CAN GET MARRIED WHY CANT WE BE POLYGAMIST GUYS

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

-A thing that Kody Brown actually implied on his television show

We should make a separate thread for that hot mess

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I legitimately think this should be turned into the general TLC bullshit thread.

TLC Megathread: Say Yes to the 600lb Amish Jim Bob Sister Wives.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

They should have put them on Shark Tank just so the world could have seen how loving stupid they are

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I know it's on A&E but that Married at First Sight show is the most interesting reality tv show i have ever watched

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Have you seen 'Married by Mom and Dad'? Because :stare:

yeah that show is all sorts of hosed up

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Well, no, not exactly. That site says that TLC 'puts couples together', but to my knowledge (and I completely realize that it might all be set up/faked) the couples already know each other, want to be together, and if they think they could get married in 90 days after the move, they contact TLC.

Some moderately famous pop star in Brazil threw all of that away to be on the show/in America/with his gf. :bravo: I mean, kudos if you keep going and get success where you go, but I don't think that happened.

oh yeah he tried to bring his career to the US but apparently nobody is into costa rican guacho music in southern florida

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

And even then based on what I read he didn't rape he shorted her $500 and was a weirdo during sex

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The problem with that sentence is that if he somehow makes it out alive then we'll literally never hear the end of it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You'd be surprised as to how much you can glean from your wife having a show on while you're playing Skyrim or something.

I mean, I feel like I know all of these people now. She claims she watches it for the trainwrecks, and maybe she does. I have to give her credit, she barely cares when Sister Wives is on, which is the most boring.

twinsies

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

Do any of your wives like little people? Because that's almost a thread in itself.

At this point TLC must be employing a not-insignificant percentage of our country's dwarven population aged 18 to 35.

Yeah she loves that show

Honestly the little girl that the Klein family adopted is the cutest thing ever :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bobbie Wickham posted:

"oval office" is a slur, just like "friend of the family" or "kike." It's not really interchangeable with "rear end in a top hat," "scumbag," or whatever word you want to describe someone like cold reading-scam artists. Or try using "friend of the family" next time to describe someone like the Long Island Medium, and see how well that goes over, I dunno.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh no it's not

at least not in the rest of the world

what the gently caress kind of slur could it be anyways?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

#triggered

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

"It's been used as a tool to subjugate women (in the United States! Kind of!"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If we identify as non-American and don't use it with females is it fair game?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I just want this thread to be about general TLC bashing, and not about language. :negative:

We should just break down and start a new TLC MegaThread and leave the Duggar thread to itself imo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

America is arse backwards, water is wet

More at 11

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have literally never heard someone use the word pussy in a nice way but that being said my grandmother wasn't in my life so who knows

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Remember that time Michelle got a gay crew member fired/assigned to a new show and TLC gave them a huge pay bump so they wouldn't sue

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yospos was much less keen on TLChat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm hoping he's getting slapped around by the guards

• Locked thread