Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

I really hope that someone hid a copy of that police report. I wouldn't mind having that "leaked", just for the lols.

Holy poo poo, it's Woolie Wool! How's Operation Serpent coming along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

SpeedGem posted:

It makes me kind of wonder if the ceo of discovery communications is a pedophile.

or a psychopath.

cant be both.
lol if you really think this.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

If you seriously want to read the Bible (lit. Book) then I suggest a study bible that lays out the different books and tells you about the author, when it was written, who it was written for, why it was written, what style it was written in, (poetry is not history is not allegory is not legalease etc) and maybe pick up a solid reading plan that groups the books by theme, and relation to each other. Don't forget the apocrypha! First and Second Maccabees, at the very least. They actually explain what happened right before Jesus was born and thus why the Jews were waiting for a messiah in the first place.

Reading cover to cover straight through with no context is frustrating, nonsensical and terrible. Pick up some commentaries too. Then check out how modern Jews practice their religion. Then maybe look into church history and the different major sects. poo poo will begin to make a lot more sense that way.

TL;DR reading and understanding the bible is a large undertaking that will take a lot of time and effort.

Most Christians I know rarely even crack the fucker open and I'm an atheist.

Oh yeah, then there's apologetics...

P. sure that they don't do this because they know that they'll realize how phony their religion is.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

So, that's it? Are you goons just going to let this thread sink into the abyss? We can't let this thread end! The freak family ridicule must continue!

Jim Bob

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Moon Atari posted:

Yeah you would favor the method that doesn't require any sex let alone a lot of sex. I looked that woman up and while I have some respect for her vaginal cell based immortality I want my version to involve sentience. Plus if you have enough children there is a miniscule chance that somewhere down the line one of your descendants will be an exact genetic replica, and depending on how you solve the mind/body dualism problem this could be seen as a form of resurrection. This guy knows what I'm talking about.

What will you do when your descendants start duggaring each other?

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

It's sad when you think about how the Duggars could have dugged 9/11, and people probably would have defended them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

"It was an honest mistake, Josh didn't mean to crash into the twin towers"

• Locked thread