Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the picture is photoshopped. It's probably a camera phone shot with a flash, which is making the foreground look out of place with the background. The guy has a really hosed up looking arm because he looks hosed up in general.

Those are some pretty nice looking boobs though. I might donate to their counseling gang members on the beach if we got more Jill Duggar t-shirt photos - preferably without the big fat White baby and orangutan arms behind her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I thought it was kind of odd that Jill had a skilled profession when none of the Duggar girls went to college or work outside the home.

The sad part is Michelle Duggar is probably the most educated Duggar lady by benefit of attending an actual school before Jim Bobbed her.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

XMNN posted:

lol @ that hairline

Jewish men cover their heads before God. Josh grows a fivehead to bask in the Lord's divine light.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hooded Reptile posted:

You see it's like army mans for church.

Just call him Sparrow Josh.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Who's the extra unfortunate kid in the middle that's just staring into the camera like he's waiting to eat your soul?

I mean aside from the parents.

They all really need titles above their heads.

I don't know about Crazy Eyes in the middle there, but Jessa had one heck of an awkward phase and the little guy on the right can probably vibrate through walls.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Geoj posted:

Want to see an evangelical christian's head explode?

Point out how the bible as we know it today is the end result of centuries of ham-fisted editing by the catholic church during the dark ages, when mere possession of printed text was a capital offense if you weren't a scholar or member of the clergy/nobility.

Such as Genesis 1 (God created the world in 7 days) being written hundreds of years after Genesis 2 (Adam and Eve) or how many Bible stories closely resemble older BabylonIan myths.

Just to stay with the Genesis example, in the first part it says God created man and woman at the same time, but Genesis 2 has Adam first. Which lead to the myth that Adam had a first wife named Lilith who displeased him. So instead of just saying the two accounts were written at different times by different people and don't match, they created a whole new character. It's like George Lucas wrote it.

I'm all for religion and the like, but it's crazy how many people think the Bible is an infallible historical document.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Friend of mine just had a baby at home. Birth went great, but baby had a very bad complication that wasn't noticed until the next day which would have almost certainly been noticed that same day in the hospital. Baby's okay now, but gently caress all just have your drat kid in the hospital.

A few months before the mom had posted an article praising African baby neutering methods and how Kenyan babies don't cry. Now, I'm all for holistic natural methods. But I think we can safely ignore any child rearing tips from a nation with a childhood mortality rate 10 times our own. Maybe take our tips from Sweden or Switzerland instead.

Oh, and her kid still has colic.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
What? No one's heard of nature versus neuter?

Yeah yeah, nurture.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce posted:

Unrelated but there is some documentary on Netflix about having a vaginal birth after cesarean. They kept calling them V-BACs like that's a thing people recognize and some overly enthusiastic doctor said it was a SEXY topic in the medical community.

So maybe they got one of those crazy doctors to consult???

My aunt had a V-BAC where the scar ruptured. She went through 25 units of blood. Probably not something you want to try at home.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

You are probably correct, I'd never heard of this dude.

That poor baby :/

All of Jim Bob's kids have J names. All of Josh's kids have M names. So all of Jessa's babies will be named after vaguely fish-sounding S names. Spurgeon Elliot, Spounge Bob, Shrimp Coxtale, etc.

Jill's kids will have I names. Are there 13 I names? Israel, Issac, Indiana, Isabella, Isabelle, Izzy, Ice.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 12, 2015

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Did someone photoshop those dead eyes on the dog or is it from beong abused:smith:

I think the dog is blind.

Don't you feel bad now. Making fun of the blind dog.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Used to be if your husband died, his brother had to marry you.

Enough Duggar heirs die and Anna Duggar is going to get married off to Jor-El Duggar or something.

At least all the monogrammed towels still match.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

LethalGeek posted:

Wait a sec why do the women even know how to read in the first place??

The Bible is not a picture book.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Probably because it's a lazy default that people only get into when they get into serious poo poo and/or want to evade responsibility. Doesn't help that Christmas gives the illusion of Christianity when most Americans simply don't give a poo poo and practice a capitalist/Yule version of it anyway. American Christianity is just a way for ignorant people to feel superior and pressure everybody into giving that ignorance space.

Well, to be fair Christians in Africa probably know little to nothing about American denominations.

My favorite Christmas fact is that the Puritans didn't celebrate it because it's a Pagan holiday.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Reverse Centaur posted:

I find it really strange how they refuse to mention El Salvador by name, just Central America, and the locals as "Latinos."

I guess going to a country literally called The Saviour to convert people to Christianity would sound a bit weird, but I'd bet most Duggar fans speak Spanish about as well as Derrick.

They film these shows so far in advance that it's possible they didn't know which Central American country they were going to, but were timing the episode to air at the same time they were in that country. So they're vague on the details.

This might be difficult with some reality shows, but since the Duggars never change their hair or clothing styles you really can't tell if the scene you just watched was filmed last month or 2 years ago. You can only gauge a Duggar timeline by how pregnant they are.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

The girl in the back wants some of the Jim Bob.

I dunno, it looks like she might have already Jimmed the Bob.

And she's still got some stuck in her teeth.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

People get white plastic braces with white bands so that you can't even barely see that they have braces!

The downside is people can still totally see them but they blend in just enough so that at a glance it looks less like braces and more like unspeakably filthy teeth.

The adult braces were probably part of the marriage pact. Those Duggars love their orthodontia.

It's their most redeeming quality.

I wonder if they soak their thumbs in iodine to get by without the orthodonture.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RaceBannon posted:

I always wonder about this when people bring it up. How do you spot "empty" eyes?

You don't. People just see what they want to see. That, and some folk just look funky posing for pictures.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Most people are able to read emotions in the faces of others.

Beep boop

In the Assburgers pit that is Something Awful, there's no way we're reading "dead empty eyes" as often as gets posted here. Most of the time it's just a bad picture.

I wouldn't even call Anna Duggar's eyes 'dead'. Nervous? Out of place? Overwhelmed? Unhappy? Sure. But comparing her with this:

You'd have to see some serious poo poo to be a mid-20's White lady of relative privilege and have cold empty eyes.

(and I realize that's the 1,000 yard stare and not 'dead eyes' but gently caress all I'm not typing 'dead eyes' into GIS)

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its not the thousand yard stare. its like a fundi stare or some poo poo. you can see it well in bachman.

Bachman is also 60 years old and gets to listen to her husband talk about all the gay kids he's rehabilitated when she is perfectly aware he hasn't plowed her since Clinton's first term. She's a special snowflake full of crazy.

I don't like the Duggar lifestyle, but it's not bad enough to give the children cold empty eyes and dead stares that early in life. They'll need another 20-30 years of disappointment and absolution before they get some really bitching dead stares.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

This pretty much left my mental illness untreated until I had lost my faith, become a non-functioning alcoholic and then had to go on disability at 27 because I'm too hosed up to hold a job. I might be better in a few years. :smith:

Note, I've needed help since my early teens or before.

Wait, which translation of the Bible did you read?

Because the NIV would have fixed you right up.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Angela Christine posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Duggar#Career

No degree. He basically got an "Executive Director" title for being famous.

I know the Duggars are against educating their women, but I assumed their first born son would get a quality Liberty University eduction.

If you look up their views on post-homeschool education you'll find out Joseph is training to be a firefighter and John-David is taking flight lessons and studying to be a fireman/policeman. Josh is in politics. He has no skills.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Maybe it's different when you have a family business like that (car sales + church). You expect your kids to take over for you and since you're the owner + pope it's not like you're going to care if they have a college degree. You don't even need to hire all 19 of them since the girls are just breeding stock.

Still, it seems like you're handicapping your kids' futures so that they can spend more time on TV or help raise layers after layers of Duggar brood. Who really expects a car dealership, basic cable TV money, or even a cult church to last the next 50 years.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Salty posted:

To be honest, I don't really care if Josh has a college degree or not. Would a marketing or history degree make him any less of a flaming garbage pile of a person? For sure, no. It would be weird to work for a conservative organization where everyone has communications or poli sci degrees from, like Catholic U.

It may have. He was a repressed child that became a repressed adult until he got married and managed to get a little bit of his freak on. Had he gone to college - even Liberty University, he likely would have had marginally healthy physical interactions with a woman and/or man that may have left him less of a broken person. Liberty U must look like a party school compared to the Duggar compound.

It's like Jim Bob is trying to protect his children from worldly taint. :perfect:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

It hasn't even been a year. Time to start going after advertisers again.

Looking forward to the new Cosby Show reboot with Bill as the cranky granddad.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

staberind posted:

Strange, have tlc forgotten the last time the strange brood was on and lots of ads were pulled?
Why do tlc think its not going to happen this time around as well?

I can sense a goon project coming up.

I think Bob, Jim's original plan before Josh went and duggared it up was to expand into shows for his older kids. Josh would have a show, Jessa would have a show, and so on.

Josh's show is now dead and honestly 19 Kids and Counting is probably toast as well. My guess is TLC's bringing Jim Bob back only long enough to get the sisters' shows going. Advertisers won't be as skittish about Jessa and Sturgeon or Jill and Ugly Aaron Rogers. Sure it's not Jim and Michelle, but as long as his kids are on the air he's still getting publicity for his church and movement. That's where the real money is.

Now if rumors are true and Jill is a fake missionary and Jessa leaves Sturgeon, then Jim Bob will have to put all his hopes on Josiah.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I thought it was, but now it looks like a Chrysler 300.

Suck a Duggar, get a Chrysler. It's like getting screwed twice.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tusen Takk posted:

Link to the rumours please

It was in this thread I think. There were some weirdness in interviews between Jessa and Sturgeon over the holidays. I doubt they believe in divorce, but they also don't believe in therapy with good licensed professionals - so it's like an irresistible force against an immovable object.

As for Jill and Ugly Aaron Rogers being fake missionaries.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-refund-donations-after-fake-mission-trip-accusations-scandal/

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

So a cursory synopsis read says he only knocked up the first wife once, then moved on even to the point of divorcing her so he could marry the newest one legally. Sounds like a perfectly healthy relationship to me.

I can't believe I even know the answer to this...

Because young new wife has kids from a prior marriage, he needed to be legally married to her to adopt the children. It's not that he didn't want to put more babies in old sour wife's belly - her insides are a rocky place where his seed can find no purchase.

So his rationale was fine. However, the fact that sour old wife has gained about 50 pounds in the last 2 seasons while also getting catfished by another woman implies she isn't taking this well.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I watched the first couple seasons of that stupid show but haven't since. Please explain the catfishing because that sounds awesome

She started an online relationship with a guy who turned out to be a lady loving with her.

Since she's the oldest wife with the oldest child, she's mostly alone in her house except for the nights Kody stays with her. I guess she gets lonely. It's really kind of sad.

My wife finally stopped watching the show. She still watches the end of season round-tables where the wives all get snippy with one another though.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

It's not super important, but Jessa's husband is named Ben. You're thinking of their kid, Spurgeon. (That loving name.)

Isn't his last name Seaman or something?

Fish-theme names still appropriate in this circumstance.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SteveVizsla posted:

Danica Dillon just dropped her lawsuit against Duggar

Somebody didn't see the new Chrysler.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 9, 2016

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Do any of your wives like little people? Because that's almost a thread in itself.

At this point TLC must be employing a not-insignificant percentage of our country's dwarven population aged 18 to 35.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yeah, the only bits of any Duggar shows I've seen is if they were linked in this thread and I felt like being depressed. I just have a thing for cults and another thing for Christian apologetics and there's a good side of persecution complex and then some good old crazy, which are also my jam.

Jim Bob territorially humping his wife in front of his daughter and her date (who are allowed no more affection than distanced hand holding) at a mini-golf court is forever seared into my memory.

E: my comfort in this is that neither TLC nor the Duggar clan got paid for my trauma.

What happens when Jessa and Sturgeon meet up with Jim Bob and Michelle in a neutral area? Do they root, caw, and rub themselves up and down their wives' bodies to assert dominance? Is that awkward in the buffet line at Golden Corral?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
TLC has the power to do cross-overs.

Duggars meet Sister Wives. Little People meet My 600 Pound Life.

"we're going to need some more little people..."

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Buttcoin purse posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > byob: hi > Cool Crew Chat Central > TLC: Mentally retarded wife crew

Mine watches the one with the midgets too :negative: From the other room, I hear them talking about cancer and adopting a child, dunno which exact show that is, maybe that doesn't even narrow it down? :shrug:

That's the one with the hot Ukrainian little person.

Holy poo poo those aren't even TLC shows. That and Little Women of Atlanta are on Lifetime.

I wonder if TLC gets annoyed at people thinking they broadcast all the freak shows.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Sturgeon's the next kid. Gotta have all S names after all.

Seaslug Seawall.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

No it's not. The one with the little people, where one had cancer, and they adopted (two kids, actually) is The Little Couple. Which even people in here admit features pretty decent people, to the point where the show is a bit boring. The woman who got cancer is a medical Doctor. No one in it is Ukrainian. And it is a TLC show.

Unless there's another little people show that also features these things.

Little Women of LA has a little lady who I think had a cancer scare and is trying to have a baby with her little man.

Although I know the one you are talking about. You're right, they do seem relatively normal.

Little Women of LA is like Real Housewives of LA with both stunted physical growth and stunted intelligence.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

It's not really caving when it is literally the easiest and most profitable decision they could have made.

With any luck they keep the cameras rolling when an obviously tweaking and pantsless Josh stumbles into the home begging Jim Bob to tie his hands before he shames himself again.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 23, 2016

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Angela Christine posted:

I thought child molesters and high profile inmates were put in a protective custody area. Is he getting beaten up by other protective custody inmates? LOL.

Yeah, he's getting his slapped by guys who would be getting their asses beaten if they were general population.

Fogel is literally the biggest bitch in that prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

Dad is a corrections officer and hates his job, so he vents to me.

Do the guards hide drugs in their butts too or can they just sneak that stuff in with their lunch pails?

• Locked thread