Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Remember that nice wholesome redneck family from the teevee?

No not that redneck family, this redneck family:

Unfortunately, it turns out these two families have more in common than you might think:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/05/21/duggar-sibling-sexually-assaulted-sisters-another-female-according-to-police-report/

quote:

A 2006 police report obtained by In Touch Weekly magazine revealed that one of the Duggar siblings, of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," allegedly sexually assaulted four female siblings in the large family, plus an additional female victim.

According to the gossip site, the sibling who assaulted the sisters is Josh Duggar. The incidents date back to 2002 when Josh Duggar would have been 14 years old. In the 33-page police report that FOX411 viewed, the name of the Duggar family members in question are redacted throughout.

The report states that the kids’ father, Jim Bob Duggar, was first alerted by one of the alleged victims in March 2002. She allegedly told Jim Bob that Josh had been touching her genitals and breasts while she was sleeping, according to the report.

:gonk:

Full police report: http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bombshell-duggar-police-report-jim-bob-duggar-didn-t-report-son-josh-s-alleged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

afeelgoodpoop posted:

hurr psychologist say you have to be careful with brothers and sisters of same ages when theyre toddlers cause they have no real filiter and will try anything with one another including sex.

goons "OMG THE RAPIST FUCKS PUT THEM IN JAIL"
14 year olds are toddlers?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
The family has made a statement, but it's all okay because Jesus :dawkins101:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20925368,00.html

quote:

In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, Josh Duggar, his wife Anna, and his parents Jim Bob and Michelle are speaking out in response to reports that Josh was once accused of molesting five underage girls as a teen.

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, 27, tells PEOPLE in a statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Josh has resigned from his position at the Family Research Council as a result of the accusations becoming public, but his family has stood behind him.

"Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives," Jim Bob, 49, and Michelle, 48, said in a joint statement. "When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes, and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before."

Their statement continues, "Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles every day. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God's kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us – even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey – the good times and the difficult times – cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything."

And Josh's wife Anna, 26, says she has remained supportive of her husband – even after he confessed his "past teenage mistakes" two years before he proposed marriage.

"I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock," she says. "When my family and I first visited the Duggar home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh, he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was – even every difficult past mistakes."

But Anna said she had confidence that the counseling her husband received "changed his life."

"He continued to do what he was taught. [I know] who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended," she says. "Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right."

And for his part, Josh says he continues living with regret.

"I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions," says Josh. "I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God's grace, mercy and redemption."

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Top City Homo posted:

without reading the article i am just going to post who i think it is

Nope that's the gay one

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Top City Homo posted:

u sure the gay one is not to the right?

they all look like jim bob to me now

It's easier to tell from this recent awkward picture of him with his beard the girl he's courting, especially with the early onset male pattern baldness

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Where's Jubilee? :colbert:

(Probably in a jar)

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

platedlizard posted:

C) one of the sisters asked for the original report to be destroyed which has apparently happened although no one is fooled.
Plus, the sister who requested that the original report be destroyed is currently a minor. Everyone did the math and that's how we found out that one of the sisters was only four years old when she was molested, so they kind of shot themselves in the foot by requesting it be destroyed.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmm I wonder why Fox did not cover this

They've posted several stories about it on foxnews.com, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that about 80% of the comments are from people either condemning Josh or shaming the parents for trying to cover the whole mess up. There's a lot of "THANKS OBAMA" in there, but on the whole the average Fox News viewer seems to be anti-incest and anti-child molestation. :unsmith:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

boom boom boom posted:

I gotta assume the easiest way fro them to actually get away would be to just join the military.

Huckabee says no.

quote:

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee claimed in an interview with Iowa talk radio host Jan Mickelson yesterday that the Obama administration has “an open hostility toward the Christian faith,” and urged prospective military recruits to wait until the end of President Obama’s term to enlist.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/huckabee-wait-join-military-until-obamas-out-office

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Tricky D posted:

The dad really just own dealerships? That's were the money to raise 19 kids comes from?

The Duggars also own several bits of land that they rent out to cell phone companies so they can build cell towers. (Presumably the flagpole kind)

Edit: obviously most of their income now comes from the TLC show and their exclusive contract with People magazine

meet girls at the store fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 28, 2015

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

TLC might punt and make a new show based on two escapees from Jim Bob's compound..

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/tlc-duggar-spin-off-article-1.2237627

They said whenever the show focused on the next generation, ratings tended to go up.. when it shifted back to the old guard they went back down so this is an evolution of sorts

Jill and Jessa aren't really escapees. They're married to hardcore fundie dudes, and their in-laws have already posted statements of support for Josh. Both girls were knocked up immediately after getting married, and they both plan to leave their birth control up to god.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Pook Good Mook posted:

Santorum actually wants to win, Huckabee is in it for the money. He loses nothing by saying what he said.

The Duggars, and the girls' husbands in particular, have been on a Catholic-bashing kick on social media lately, so even though they campaigned for him in 2012 I'm not sure there's much love lost there.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

TNG posted:

the other is an unemployed dingus who mostly does Gothardism preaching.

But he's obviously going places, he just graduated from community college with an AA in political science! :eng99:

Can you imagine being in class with him? It was probably a real life version of God's Not Dead, starring Mr. Jessa Duggar as That Guy.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

BrigadierSensible posted:

What do the Quiverfull/Gothardites think of guns? Are they packing heat? There was something about a paramilitary training thingo that they send the boys to.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1934805/duggars-gun-children-5-year-old-josie-plays-near-unattended-gun-people-flip-on-duggars/

Do a quick GIS for "Duggars guns" and you'll see that they post pictures of themselves posing with guns all over social media.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

It would have been pretty good if he succeeded in his campaign to be a state senator because then we could all say "that state literally has a man named Jim Bob making legislative decisions, lol"

Jim Bob was a state representative from 1999-2002, so Arkansas literally had a man named Jim Bob making legislative decisions.

Jim Bob

Edit: he was the vice chair of the House Corrections and Criminal Law Subcommittee :psyduck:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Would this be considered a little weird. Your children recreate a kissing photo

I believe in this instance Jessa posted the photo of herself and Ben to Instagram first, got a bunch of poo poo for being immodest, then Jim Bob/Michelle recreated the photo and posted it to Instagram with a bunch of blahblahblah about Jesus and married love.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

cumshitter posted:

"yeah no poo poo the check engine light is on that means you dont have to check if an engine is there. hell its illegal disclosure if the dash dont tell you theres an engine to check. everyone i know has their check engine light on thats just a normal thing. every dad i know wishes he could have molested his daughter in this 89 cadillac. think of your kids. you dont want them to be molested in a foreign import honda do ya? support america."

I read this in Buck Strickland's voice

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mr. Pumroy posted:

but if the police carry out a formal investigation of the house they might discover the secret room where they keep duggars 20-46.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Did anyone catch Josh Duggar's first appearance since being outed as a kiddydiddler? Here he is giving a shout out to Jim Bob for helping him through the "hard-on times."

http://youtu.be/4i2XHuYxTKw

Anna is countenancing at him so hard she looks like Courtney Stodden

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Someone mentioned our Joshie in the Ashley Madison thread, so I used Gawker's tip line to tell them to look for him in the data dump and I guess it paid off. Good job goons. :getin:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
The Duggars have an exclusive contract with People magazine. They (accidentally?) posted the statements before People did, so it looks like they're scrambling to fix their mistake.

JIM BOB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

The White Dragon posted:

More like out of the 20 Duggar Kids, 18 turned out pretty darn well :unsmigghh:

Nobody ever remembers Caleb, Michelle's first miscarriage and the reason they decided birth control = abortion.

• Locked thread