Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

this is the same country where people exist that want to rewrite their own religious book to suit their desires because there's too much "liberal bias"

I want to read more about this. Blessed are the job creators?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't think this was posted, but here's an article by a woman who escaped that lifestyle.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/i_couldve_been_a_duggar_wife_i_grew_up_in_the_same_church_and_the_abuse_scandal_doesnt_shock_me/

There isn't a :stare: emoticon big enough.

quote:

My close friend’s mother even refused treatment for breast cancer because she saw the disease as God saving her from her abusive husband, and the burden of caring for her many children.

Jesus Christ :smith:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I bet Jared was excited but ultimately disappointed when he heard about In Touch magazine doing a spread

• Locked thread