Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool I've always meant to watch Dirty Pair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My suggestion would be some old Toei poo poo from the 70s so we can see how far we've come. But those movies are all kinda assy and more interesting as artifacts than to actually watch

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

do we have to watch the dub

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
サブス ビフォーア ダブス imo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

Naw, I just have it there since it's a legal stream.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I just watched Mind Game super recently but honestly I love everything Yuasa's done a lot so I'll probably just use this as an excuse to watch it again. I haven't seen any Dirty Pair period, so I'm pretty curious about that, and Windaria looks neat too.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

My suggestion would be some old Toei poo poo from the 70s so we can see how far we've come. But those movies are all kinda assy and more interesting as artifacts than to actually watch

I do have a few 70s movies in mind for possible choices later, not all Toei stuff but stuff that could be interesting nonetheless.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

DADT

Srice posted:

I do have a few 70s movies in mind for possible choices later, not all Toei stuff but stuff that could be interesting nonetheless.

Sounds good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Srice posted:

I googled what I was thinking about it and I meant 50s, not 70s. Oops

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i might get high as gently caress and do the mind game one because that sounds like the way to watch it and i planned on watching it anyway but thats like 2AM so who knows

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

glomkettle posted:

Dirty Pair period

:barf:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

let's watch umi no shinpei

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Sounds fun, and I haven't seen any of the movies in the OP so I'm in. I'm just going to be bored on Saturday while house-sitting for a friend anyway, so now I have something to do while drinking all of his beer. Thanks for the effort Srice.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Beef Waifu posted:

I may or may not watch these, but I will try
Terrible mod hasn't seen Mindgame and to a lesser extent DPPE, impeach

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
My only problem with Dirty Pair is that I have trouble keeping interested in episodic shows, so a movie of it should be pretty good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

yes

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

E: I can't read

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 23, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

E: derp

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 23, 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Happening one hour after this post, time to get hyped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTMe1vhUxh0

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

hyped  for  sexy  boba  fetts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really wanna watch but I can't. I'll watch tomorrow hopefully

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh didn't realise we were starting so soon. On one hand I have to be up earlier than usual on a Sunday tomorrow, on the other hand I'm probably still going to be up in 45 minutes....

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I forgot to buy beer :rubshands:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i'll be late since i need to pack to move back :ohdear:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
lol remembered just in time.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Totally excited to do this Simulwatchathon. By the way, since only three movies have been brought up, I have a question: Has ADTRW ever done a Simulwatch of any of the works from the venerable Satoshi Kon? Methinks dude totally deserves it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I watched some Dirty Pair OVAs the other day and actually liked the dub about as much as the sub. Not sure if they're gonna use the same voices here though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Totally excited to do this Simulwatchathon. By the way, since only three movies have been brought up, I have a question: Has ADTRW ever done a Simulwatch of any of the works from the venerable Satoshi Kon? Methinks dude totally deserves it.

As far as I know, the only time movies were simulwatched was when Zorak did one for Akira Kurosawa's films.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I'm ready

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Heck, same.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wark Say posted:

Pretty sure we did Paranoia Agent at some point.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I would buy you beer over the internet if I could, dotJPG. You make awesome gifs. Starting Dirty Pair and a beer now.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gl hf with your anime

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Rodyle posted:

E: I can't read

the girl riding a snowboard in a bikini makes perfect sense bitch

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
It's a paradise.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

80s styles own.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 80's right in my face

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
These guys look like Omega Virus pieces.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

gotta hi five instead of deactivating a bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The opening credits for this are cool as heck

• Locked thread