Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I'm game stalking somberbrero so sign me up for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Make me a Cleric so I can bring LUTR back after she gets lunched day one.

Not an empty quote

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'm in a niche group that feels that the thing that takes a DM from good to great is knowing the right moment to fudge a dice roll.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

If you make me a bard I pledge I will post songs like I used to in The Olden Days

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

I'm Canadian myself - but I remember hearing on the radio on the way to work. Are MUD's still around or have they pretty much been supplanted now?

There are still MUDs. I know of one discworld themed MUD and one high fantasy (I think) called Achaea that I played for literally one day.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

confirming that I am NOT a bard and am therefore crying irl gently caress thiiiiiiis

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

That guy looks dumb. Let's kill him with our spells ##vote sombrero

SAYS THE GUY IN THE FANNY PACK

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Jerry Beans on my mind
I cry my eyes out over you

I just wanna be a bard man

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

Whelp just call me Nodwick and tell me what I can do for brave adventurers such as yourselves.

whew I am relieved to not be the only NPC.

Decided my name's Gishnuth Brangloydifarz

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Look Under The Rock posted:

Gishnuth Brangloydifarz

the z is a soft z almost like a dj

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Samfucius posted:

I am MC Hotentots and I am a half-elf bard.

No one comment on my pointy ears or I will destroy you in a rap battle.

haha try me clown

I may not be a bard but that's just because I dropped out of bard school to move to high fantasy los angeles and pursue a Real Career

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I wanna go on an adventure but I'm pretty sure my NPC status means I'm never allowed to leave my street corner

it's been a tough few years

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

C: Search for an alternate route.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Amnistar posted:

I legit believe that we are on a time table and that we are making a choice between:

A use resources to pass challenge
B take a risk to pass the challenge
C lose time to pass the challenge.

Anyone voting for us to lose tine is helping the forces of Evil by delaying our mission.

Unless you have role information that specifically tells you this, you're making a pretty huge alignment call on a bunch of people based on nothing but setup speculation.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

A: search the room

also

Orvin posted:

What kind of alcoholic mercenary did we bring with us? He is obsessed with finding gold to get a drink, and when he fails to find any, wants to turn on another party member.

Is that your plan Uranus, kill gulag, take all his stuff, and hide his body in a grave here? Then ditch everyone to go back to the inn?

##vote Uranus

reads really forced to me ##vote orvin

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Yeah the only alignment call Orvin has made is that super awkward vote on uranus yet he seems really into the setup spec poo poo.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

You're like 8/20. You've made your way around more than one goblin den. Maybe even beheaded a few unruly children eating ogres.

why would a child eat an ogre

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

I've made zero alignment calls.

Yeah and you didn't drop the most forced looking vote ever like whoa I've been focused on setup spec, someone's bound to call me out for not actually scumhunting uh uh let's go with this guy

Are you defending Orvin or do you think I should be casing you?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I agree with Somber though, Sam dropping a second vote on Orvin looks pretty bad

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

uranus posted:

i thought third vote was the scum vote

There's no magic number that makes it the scum vote, it's timing and reasoning.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

uranus posted:

would badguys want to choose the same thing everyone is choosing, or different.... probably the same

Do you have any alignment calls or do you want to keep talking setup spec and thirdvoting?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

##nominate somberbrero

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

THE TOWN BENEFITS MORE FROM BOONING ME

##vote merk

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Are you guys seriously giving merk a boon here?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Orvin posted:

Are you a cult recruiter? Because you are starting to get a little creepy here.

Creepier than Merk openly boon begging and promising that he'll use any boon in the most pro-town way possible (which is a win-win for merk but not necessarily for town)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Orvin posted:

Are you a cult recruiter? Because you are starting to get a little creepy here.

Like for real I don't get how you can say this but say that nominating merk seems like the only option.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Somber is the only one who could conceivably win over merk.

Perpetual Idiot and WWM: please vote to give the boon to Somber as merk's boon begging while trying to twist it as "best for town" is loving terrible

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

here is the problem

Merk is lobbying for the boon by talking about how pro town he'll be, even if he's scum when he knows FULL drat WELL that the only one who is guaranteed to benefit from it is him. There is no guarantee that this boon will be something that can be used to benefit town. It only benefits merk, who has straight up said that he will use a boon to his own benefit to earn town cred.

The biggest problem with that is that it will work, it's already working, people are trying to boon him when they should be voting his scummy rear end for getting all grabby and trying to play it off like he gives a poo poo about town. The way he is speaking is NOT town. He is not thinking about town's best interest, he is looking out for himself.

Give it to somber because he is not merk

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

LUTR is still upset at me because of Shark Judge Mafia.

No, I just don't like your play style because you are a bully and generally get what you want through brute force. Kind of like you're doing right now. You don't use reason, you just dog people until they follow you and generally it happens really fast because they don't want to be on your bad side or pick a fight with you. Kind of like right now.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Yeah I don't know why people think this is going to be verifiable. Basically Merk is setting himself up to receive all the boons in the game and that is a pretty dangerous thing that's happening if he's scum or possibly third party with a win condition based on receiving boons

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

uranus posted:

anyone will get a benefit from a boon, jesus

the boon will help out my role guys!

*votes flood onto brawn of thrones*

yeah exactly

like my role has nothing to do with boons but I'd definitely be stronger for having one, at least for today

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

You don't want to boon me because you don't like my playstyle. Cool.

My shark judge thing was a joke.

I don't want to boon you because if you're scum/3p I don't like the idea of you setting yourself up as loving boon magnet for the rest of the day and I think the way you're going about it is disingenuous

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

Anything you say has zero credibility now that you admitted you just don't like my playstyle. Your hand is folded. Sit on the sidelines until this is over.

If you know me, you know the right call is to boon me.

Nope

PS trying to silence the loudest voice criticizing you = bully

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

You either believe me or you don't. Your position is that I'm mean? That seems awkward here.

My position has always been that I don't believe you, and you latching onto the playstyle thing shows how desperate you are to shut me up.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

I'm attacking her argument for why I shouldn't be booned. What's the problem?

Because you picked a post that wasn't about my argument and went all trap sprung and then went "YOU HAVE BEEN SILENCED" and it was literally exactly what I was talking about in that post

But my argument is that no, I don't believe your claim, iirc you said it was easily testable and now you're distancing from that, and I think you have an ulterior motive for wanting boons that is Not Town, and I clearly stated that several times. Add the fact that you're intentionally ignoring that in favor of pushing the point that I don't like your playstyle and yeah I'm p sure you're scum

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

uranus posted:

even if lutr believed that the boon would help you doesnt change any of the above

also it's irrelevant because a boon helps whoever gets it so that is not merk-specific

somber what the hell are you doing

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

Im trying to get the boon in any way possible because I know it is the right move for the town. If I have to make LUTR look ridiculous in the process, I will do so. Her position is flawed. It's based on a dislike of me as a player rather than a belief or disbelief of my claim.

If I was any other player, this would've been 11-0 in favor of booning me. It's me so it's a fight because players fear me and/or dislike me. That's what I'm fighting here.

this whole post is lies

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Let's break it down

merk posted:

Im trying to get the boon in any way possible because I know it is the right move for the town.

You do NOT know that. You know that it is beneficial to you. You argued as much at the beginning of your boon begging.

quote:

If I have to make LUTR look ridiculous in the process, I will do so. Her position is flawed. It's based on a dislike of me as a player rather than a belief or disbelief of my claim.

My position is based on disbelief of your claim and the way it has been presented.

quote:

If I was any other player, this would've been 11-0 in favor of booning me. It's me so it's a fight because players fear me and/or dislike me. That's what I'm fighting here.

This is hyperbole, things are generally not unanimous in games, and I don't know any player at all who could inspire a day one unanimous boon. Also, you have now set it up that my distrust of you is emblematic of something that you have to fight against for this, when that is clearly not true because 1) you are the vote leader, 2) this is a misrepresentation of my argument and 3) what you are fighting here is a player that you have openly stated you think is town.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

merk posted:

I will use whatever happens in the most townie way possible. If you know me, you know this is true even regardless of alignment. If I'm town, I know the best way to use it (and have a role that makes it better for us). If I'm scum, I'll use it in the towniest way possible to look town. I'm the right vote here.

If you want an example, look at what I had to do d1 of The League II. Although I can't comment on an ongoing game, that's legit.

merk posted:

Anything you say has zero credibility now that you admitted you just don't like my playstyle. Your hand is folded. Sit on the sidelines until this is over.

If you know me, you know the right call is to boon me.

merk posted:

Im trying to get the boon in any way possible because I know it is the right move for the town. If I have to make LUTR look ridiculous in the process, I will do so. Her position is flawed. It's based on a dislike of me as a player rather than a belief or disbelief of my claim.

look at this switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

LUTR, any particular reason you nominated Somber? At this point, Somber had 2 votes (among a few others with 1) and merk had only just started being obnoxious about getting the boon himself (and no votes at all). I can appreciate that right now I can only nominate somber as an anti-merk, but you were on him well before then.

1. Not allowed to nominate self
2. Every game I've played with Somber he's played incredibly smart so
3. In absence of any standout town reads I trust him the most with it and
4. He has pledged to have my back and has yet to let me down on that, also
5. [redacted ongoing game discussion but he knows what he did]

• Locked thread