Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
This would be just my second game but I'd like to participate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I give myself 18 points in all the different stats; luck, constitution, you name it and I have 18 points.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Confirming that I received my role PM. I will also confirm that I am able to poo poo in the woods if I want, due to my high stats.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Jerry Beans on my mind
I cry my eyes out over you

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Where'd you get the sword Jerry? You didn't have it a minute ago.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I vote for B. We don't have the gear for A and we gotta get over there before night comes and all the spirits, phantoms, specters, etc. begin causing trouble.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I'll vote for option A, we should search the room and get ourselves some good items.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

##nominate uranus

We can't change our votes on this. Any particular reason you want Uranus to do it?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I'm skeptical of immediate voting to give someone a boon. We have 6 hours to at least have some discussion about it before we commit.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Amnistar posted:

I mean, honestly, don't force the split between the two. I REALLY am leery of that thought process.

Instead, if you don't like the two:

Pick.

Someone.

Else.

and I bet you people will follow.

Only 4 votes left, 2 of those are merk and somber. Merk would have to be willing to vote against himself to give anyone other than somber the chance to pull even with him.

Anyway, I'm still not decided. It makes sense that if merk does have some benefit coming to him from getting the boon that he would ask for it. Somber seems to be pushing for it too but in a more jokey way. I'm curious whether merk thinks we'll be able to easily verify that he is receiving some extra benefit.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Looking at the situation a bit more, my own hands seem like they might be tied. Even if I vote for somber it just puts them even on votes and WWM hasn't posted anywhere in the past day.

I'm not experienced with the mechanics behind all this, what typically happens with a tie?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

Guy who is on the fence: if I gently caress up this thing, you can vote me and I'll vote myself. Deal?

How will I know whether you hosed up the part of it that makes the case for voting you: the added benefit you get from the boon that somber won't get?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Look Under The Rock posted:

##nominate somberbrero

LUTR, any particular reason you nominated Somber? At this point, Somber had 2 votes (among a few others with 1) and merk had only just started being obnoxious about getting the boon himself (and no votes at all). I can appreciate that right now I can only nominate somber as an anti-merk, but you were on him well before then.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

1. Not allowed to nominate self
2. Every game I've played with Somber he's played incredibly smart so
3. In absence of any standout town reads I trust him the most with it and
4. He has pledged to have my back and has yet to let me down on that, also
5. [redacted ongoing game discussion but he knows what he did]

Fair enough if it's based on stuff outside this game. I don't have that kind of understanding of either somber or merk.

##nominate merk

Asking for the boon is totally reasonable if his claim is actually true, and it seems more likely to me that he's kind of an rear end and not necessarily scum. Since I don't have a real strong read on either somber or merk, I'd rather give it to the guy who claims to get some extra use out of it. At the very least it has the chance of being verifiable.

Hopefully your concern that he's setting himself up to get all the boons no questions asked:

Yeah I don't know why people think this is going to be verifiable. Basically Merk is setting himself up to receive all the boons in the game and that is a pretty dangerous thing that's happening if he's scum or possibly third party with a win condition based on receiving boons

won't happen after the way he's acted through this whole thing.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Samfucius posted:

On the other hand all that slapfighting was bullshit and I kinda wanna kill both of you so we can go back to playing a party game as magic creatures.

What part of what happened between you two was worth it at all.

LUTR is making a genuine case, even if a lot of it is colored from personal experience from past games. Merk isn't making a case for anything really, but has shown a willingness to get into spats with players he thinks are town. Before all this we were arguing over whether voting A instead of B in the CYOA game was a scum play.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Samfucius posted:

How the hell are we an hour from deadline and there are still three people without a vote.

As for myself, sorry about that. I had to stay an extra few hours at work and I'm just now getting out. I'll re-read through today since I skimmed it on my phone earlier.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I don't think Sam is a good vote. We've had 6 or 7 people on here in the past few minutes vote for him, I think there are enough to get someone else? The only way I'm willing to vote him is to stop a no lynch.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
We need 7 to get somb if that's how it's going to be, I think we have at least 5 here.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
##vote MC ED

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
##vote somb

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Hey, before we heavily go against merk, can we find out why Chaoslord visited the cop?

There's plenty of time left in the day, merk is at -5 still.

merk posted:

Cape was stolen. I tried to give it to Amnistar. It was one-shot Hider.

Will you tell us who stole the cape?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

I don't know.

Your role lets you know for a fact that MCED didn't target you:

merk posted:

I'm not claiming but I know for a fact you didn't target me. I also don't have a kill. I'll claim that.

##vote MC ED

But you don't know who the other person who targeted you was?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

But you don't know who the other person who targeted you was?

Just to clarify: I don't know whether MC ED targeted merk. By "the other person" I just mean whoever stole the cape.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

MC Eating Disorder posted:

If there's something you want to talk about, feel free to talk about it but leaving him alive is just giving him and his fellow scumbos more time to spread bullshit and discord and come up with a plan for tonight, stringing him up is the only way to prove I'm right

I feel like there's something big that we should still be talking about, that you most of all would be interested in. Do you know why CL visited you last night?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

I got ahold of a leaked copy of the announcement if you're too antsy to wait.

He's gay.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
MC ED, care to comment?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I mean, care to comment on how it came to pass that you're still alive after targeting merk last night?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

I do. Now that I've claimed PGO, I may as well go down the rest of this rabbit hole. I have a one-shot BP. That is, actions against me still work against me (as you saw with MC EAT), and I have a one-shot BP that has yet to be expended.

I think you also could argue that the cape is a protective role too?

For the math inclined among us, I think I can be considered a protective role. I have a 1-shot lightning rod that redirects the nightkill and every other night action to me.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

I don't think that's a protective role, friend.

I'd consider it one at least. I stop the nightkill going on someone else and in exchange get nightkilled myself. If a doctor uses his night action then nobody gets nightkilled.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Orvin posted:

Why would you randomly claim that?

Because we want to account for the 5 protective roles. KB and merk were trying to count out how many had already claimed during N2.

Aside from that, I vote B.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

I'm thinking town mayor would be a 3p guy.

5 non-town players before imgay was killed according to this post:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

~Not related to events, before anything below~

The breeze lifts your hair and you feel calmed. It whispers to you: there are five players left who are not good-aligned.

You fall back into a deep, dreamless sleep.

WWM was for sure non-town, so was Uranus, and so was imgay. There could still be 1 third party left if we assume that the 5 players didn't include MC ED. I'm also curious about Kleedrac whose claimed flavor is "henchman." All the flips we've seen of good or evil aligned players have had D&D class names so far.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Why wouldn't MCED count? He was already turned.

I agree that it would make the most sense to count MCED since the answer came D2, but I think it's at least a possibility that he wouldn't be considered just cause the question was asked on N1.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

Why didn't you ever use this role?

Just re-reading through the day, happy to see a lot of activity after work. Anyway, the reason I didn't use it was that amnistar claimed bodyguard and didn't mention (for obvious reasons) that he also killed the scum. My understanding of what would happen if I used the power would be that it would just get amnistar killed, but if I waited until he was dead I could potentially stop the kill entirely.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

I've actually had a lot of trouble thinking of things to ask so if anyone has any input before we put the hurt on Orvin it would be awfully nice just in case we have another night..

Should we get people to claim their flavor names? I'm not sure if that would be a legit question to ask, but the scum who have flipped so far have had fairly scummy names.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

I have thought about this before, but there is nothing stopping scum from just saying "uhhhhhhh [non-badguy dnd class]"

i guess people who claimed last would be put under further scrutiny

Well, then LUTR asks whether so-and-so really is that class, and when someone is revealed as a liar about their flavor name, well...

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

i guess that COULD work. but 3p guy was merchant. it's not out of the question to assume last non-town person is going to have innocuous flavor.

I agree that this isn't a foolproof method. But it seems like it would have a good chance to work without a lot of risk.

I'm a monk.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

yeah for real.

Kleedrac do you have a better plan of action besides dunking Orvin? The time for discussion is rapidly drawing to a close, deadline is like right around the corner.

I mean hell, I'll hammer Orvin because I'm pretty sure he's the final scum.

I think it'd be a lot better if you didn't. We have a claimed vanilla here now who would be a lot better even if KB doesn't show up.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
So are we going to go with KB or stay on Orvin?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

something terrifying happened to me last night

I would have hoped that I could have stopped anything too scary from happening to you, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

are you the one who hosed my a ction!!!!!!

If I hosed it up by making it go on me, then yeah. I said I would do it and I did.

• Locked thread