Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Shinmera posted:

I feel like the internet also makes the whole popularity thing a lot harder, because it's so easy to see all the successes out there, people with thousands or millions of readers. If you're not happy with your work by yourself, as many creatives are prone to be, it's really hard to justify doing it if it looks like nobody even cares anyway.

That's pretty much why I've been unwilling to open up much about my husband and I's own work. We've been a team for seven years now, and our longest project passed it's 300th page a little while back. Even so, we've stuck with our tiny audience on Deviant Art, our even tinier audience on Comic Fury, and our ten or so people on Patreon.

Seeing how successful others are is disheartening, so we keep our heads down and keep pumping out pages. That's good for pages, but terrible for exposure.

Anyone have some good ideas for exposure? I've heard Reddit is good, and folks have been talking about Twitter. We're not sure how the Twitter aspect works but we can figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU