Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZnCu
Jul 2, 2007

Eat Sword?

paisleyfox posted:

I highly suggest Gann Memorials. They're pretty reasonable and a lot of

I'm a little late here but I have to second the recommendation for Gann Memorials. When I worked with them, they were fantastic... very communicative and helpful, working to iterate a few prototypes before committing to a production run. They even went with my decision to put magnets in the plush's feelers! Look at how adorable these came out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZnCu
Jul 2, 2007

Eat Sword?

Squidster posted:

Can I ask roughly how many you ordered to get them to a reasonable price?

I ordered a run of 500, which I was able to cover pretty easily by pre-selling about 200 through a Kickstarter. At that scale, shipping prices are a significant issue, though... shipping from the factory to me, even at bulk rates, still ran almost a couple thousand bucks. (They gave me a pretty accurate estimate for that up front, so the Kickstarter covered that too.)

ZnCu
Jul 2, 2007

Eat Sword?

Squidster posted:

Eep, that may be out of my range for now. That's very useful information though, thank you!

I didn't put in any of my own cash, I just folded the costs of shipping into the Kickstarter so that when I pre-sold 200 plushes, that covered all the bases. If you've got the audience, it's really just a matter of setting the proper price points.

ZnCu
Jul 2, 2007

Eat Sword?
Hey guys! Is it okay to promote contests for your comic in this thread?

To celebrate a new year (the 6th since starting my strip!) I've launched another little Fan Art contest. The number of prizes given away scales to the number of people who enter... and if you ever wanted one of the infamous Rusty the rust monster plushes (survivors of a near brush with legal death), this might be the last chance, as supplies are running low.

Check out the rules for the Rusty & Co. Fan Art Contest #2!

(And here are the totally adorbs entries from the past contest!)

ZnCu
Jul 2, 2007

Eat Sword?
Hi! I do Rusty & Co., and I'm trying new things for 2021!

I did my first streaming draw session on Twitch this week for a small audience, and recorded it so I could see the whole page's process condensed down to 6 minutes. I don't know how often I'll be doing it... depends on how many Twitch followers I get, I suppose. You can check it out here!