Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

do what i did when i wanted a job at animal logic, which isn't a comics company (we don't have those in australia) but they work in animation so it kind of counts. turn up in a super short dress and full makeup in the driving rain, walk round and round the premises trying to find a way into the studio, realise that it's behind a locked gate, try to climb over the fence, get caught by a security guard, avoid trouble by pretending to be a confused and possibly mentally disabled tourist, walk home soaking wet and eat a whole packet of biscuits while crying, then go online and find that they don't do internships and they're not hiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

it was actually the high point of my career

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

this owns bones :kimchi:

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i love love love your clean crisp everything

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

my wabcomoc

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

never make a webcomic

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the best lesson i learnt when drawing a comic is to make sure you enjoy drawing all the characters, not just one of them, because unless you really commit to it there will come a time when your fun-to-draw character is no longer on the page and then what will you do??

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

lofi posted:

a) clones!
b) all the other characters start cosplaying as favourite character constantly
c) silence of the lambs style skinsuit of favourite character.
all excellent suggestions

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

FunkyAl posted:

I make the background characters all ambiguous, some of them are occuring or semi reoccurring cause if they seem interesting i try to expand on them, but if they are not i always have shorthand for dumb generic dog nose man. Or giraffe. Or ostrich! Most ostriches are pretty dopey. I think this is the real reason people drew animals in comics in the day, and not because they like yiff stammering in groups of 5 in remote international event spaces. They rode a shuttle from the airport dressed in emerald fursuits. One of the fursuiters, their caliph, expressed that one of them had betrayed him in an act of espionage. An assasin had been captured and one of the furries was given up as the mastermind. He ordered the culprit to reveal himself, or all four furries would be executed. Expressionless, the furries all grabbed their heads in sorrow and danced around sadly, in typical fursuit pantomime, to express their distress at the situation. None of them had committed such a crime! How could the culprit reveal themself? Sadly, and with over expressively bowed heads and crying hands, they approached the caliph, and the furry who was allowed to speak because he had burchased a $700 moving mouth adjoinment from http://furryweb.com said to the caliph, "sire, none of us knows who the culprit is, but as your loyal subjects we accept the punishment of execution."

If the caliph had had human eyes, they would have lit up and sparkled, and you could have seen his tremendous smile, but since none of these things were apparent he twisted and twirled the moustache of his merry wizard furry beard and announced that there was no assasin, and that it had all been a test of their loyalty and bravery. The furries pranced and arounded and one of them got a high five from an eight year old, and the caliph gave them each a bag of glittering sapphire coins to spend on merch at the con, not least among them being fake sapphires and also lime green dyes to adorn and decorate their ragged, yet impeccibly dressed in many layers of vests and oversized silk clothings and turbans, big ole turbans. They proceeded singing into the con to see whichever mac elroy brother was cheapest at a panel about questionable advice, but were unable to due to being tackled by paul blart mall cop, freelance assasin. It was the vizer.
page after page of lolloping rambunctious breasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018