Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kbparadise-v60-mini-gateron

im thinking about this. think about it yourself. it could be so sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
why no dedicated arrow keys though

OnymousCoward
Feb 19, 2014
oh god, please no, I've spent enough on keyboards already

pram
Jun 10, 2001
idk how you live without proper pgup/delete etc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phoenixan posted:

why no dedicated arrow keys though

the idea is to reduce the desktop real estate your keyboard consumes, allowing your mouse to be closer to the main typing zone

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

idk how you live without proper pgup/delete etc

eh if you have both hands on the board a short combo is hardly harder to do and apparently requires less arm movement and hence less calories expended per page moved

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk if it would suit my lazy slouch one hand on the board one on my junk lifestyle with all those combos though

it's a coders board not a causal Sally at the milk bar board but maybe I want to aspire to something greater

pram
Jun 10, 2001
60% is retarded srry

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk I'm open minded and it looks intimidating which is what pc ownership is all about

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just saw a homeless dude outside supermarket just now... never seen one before.. not in nz anyway. how do you deal with them. are we meant to kick them or do we be nice and give them change?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
no numpad? snurp my dilk

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
if it's under $10 USD, sure.

otherwise gtfo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a separate numpad that goes on right of mouse would own

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tangra posted:

if it's under $10 USD, sure.

otherwise gtfo

it would cost $136 nzd. a year ago I wouldn't think about ever spending that much on a keyboard but like spending money on drugs it slowly becomes more and more justifiable and reasonable

pram
Jun 10, 2001
umm ok but why this? why not a poker 3? why this pos echi. because u cant control your impulses?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
now thats what im talkin bout

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
those poker keyboards are like 390 dollars idk I haven't joined the drop yet I just joined some for some keycaps to fix prior fuckups and coat my cap less CODE with clears with some double shot translucencents

I'm in control. I can stop whenever I want

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i used a 10keyless filco majestouch for a while and it was pretty good, but i eventually capitulated to the reality that i prefer a numpad. and like big keybords. so its now a DELL AT101W for me, and ill be frank: it's ALPS switches are epic and the huge space aboove the function keys owns for p[utting pens, and also credit cards for reading the numbers when buying crap on line

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

is that the same size as the one I posted?? I can't tell

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

small

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
why small kb? live in tokyo?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't even tried blues let alone alps :cry:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*big fat guy who lives in oklahoma and has 6 bed room sprawling mcmansion on a 10 acre plot of dead grass* i prefer small kbs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

echinopsis posted:

the idea is to reduce the desktop real estate your keyboard consumes, allowing your mouse to be closer to the main typing zone

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

*big fat guy who lives in oklahoma and has 6 bed room sprawling mcmansion on a 10 acre plot of dead grass* i prefer small kbs

it's the skinny jeans of keybaors

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
not worth in this posters opinion. but maybe a cool milenial starup code ninja has a different perspective than a cock sucking thespian like me

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
massdrop are some sort of psychic rear end in a top hat consortium. whenever i am thinking of buying a thing, bosh, there it is. cunts

minibrute? there ya go

bass station 2? have at it

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

echinopsis posted:

I just saw a homeless dude outside supermarket just now... never seen one before.. not in nz anyway. how do you deal with them. are we meant to kick them or do we be nice and give them change?

some people try to set them on fire while other people invite them into their homes. try to find a middle ground.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Honked posted:

massdrop are some sort of psychic rear end in a top hat consortium. whenever i am thinking of buying a thing, bosh, there it is. cunts

minibrute? there ya go

bass station 2? have at it

I got some ugly blue caps coming but they were a good price for doubleshots so I dropped. can't wait to once again have a keybaors that has letters of it

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Smythe posted:

i used a 10keyless filco majestouch for a while and it was pretty good, but i eventually capitulated to the reality that i prefer a numpad. and like big keybords. so its now a DELL AT101W for me, and ill be frank: it's ALPS switches are epic and the huge space aboove the function keys owns for p[utting pens, and also credit cards for reading the numbers when buying crap on line

hell yea alps white complicated supremacy

the keyswitch cherry wishes they were

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
oh i guess yours are salmons. still a good-rear end keyboard (whether it is a good rear end-keyboard is up to you)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

maybe u have a large enough desk to accommodate a normal sized keyboard because you're not poor

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i got a novation launchpad from massdorp, and some other things

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

echinopsis posted:

at the expense of having to press a 2 key combo to move the cursor
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

r -> c -> p. im just telling echi to save his money for the superior tiny keyboard

pram posted:

60% is retarded srry

OnymousCoward
Feb 19, 2014

Zlodo posted:

lol

lol if you use the cursor keys for moving the cursor, that's what hjkl are for

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

OnymousCoward posted:

lol if you use the cursor keys for moving the cursor, that's what hjkl are for

the ultimate perversion

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zlodo posted:

lol

I'll have to try it to know but apparently the close proximity of the mouse is an epic combo

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

pram posted:

das p sweet imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
"ahh yes, you know what would own? spending $9001 on a ripped out netbook keyboard. epic ftw"

• Locked thread