Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joe40001
Apr 17, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMgIZcFmmjg

This is a video that combines "Weird Al" Yankovic's "Now That's What I Call Polka" with it's source songs (and their corresponding music videos). Video and audio editing done by me, the songs were not altered in any way except for "time squeezing" them to match Weird Al's song's tempo. Only one "time squeeze" is applied to each song, this is to say I did not speed up/slow down different parts of the same song, they all play at their respective fixed rate.

The source songs (in order):

Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus)
Pumped Up Kicks (Foster The People)
Best Song Ever (One Direction)
Gangnam Style (Psy)
Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)
Scream & Shout (will.i.am & Britney Spears)
Somebody That I Used To Know (Gotye)
Timber (Pitbull ft. Ke$ha)
Sexy And I Know It (LMFAO)
Thrift Shop (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis)
Get Lucky (Daft Punk)

*This video is protected under fair use because by contrasting the parody song with the source material I am providing an original commentary on the nature of modern musical parody. (And how close it approximates the source material). The purpose of the video is comparison and thus it is not derivative of either the source or parody material as neither of them compares itself directly against the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

You should mute the audio of the source songs because they are in very different keys and thus clash terribly, so I had to turn off the video halfway through Wrecking Ball.

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

blastron posted:

You should mute the audio of the source songs because they are in very different keys and thus clash terribly, so I had to turn off the video halfway through Wrecking Ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBdLo6yYGI

There's a version with just the Weird Al song playing. Even though you didn't care for it, I appreciate that you checked out the video. So thank you.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

blastron posted:

This was my immediate thought as well. Aside from clashing badly, its more humorous to only hear Weird Al's voice coming out of their mouths. Nice editing!

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

This was my immediate thought as well. Aside from clashing badly, its more humorous to only hear Weird Al's voice coming out of their mouths. Nice editing!

Thank you very much.

Yes, it was quite a lot of editing.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Ah, this is much better now! Nice editing work.

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

blastron posted:

Ah, this is much better now! Nice editing work.

Thanks very much. Yeah a lot of time went into editing this. So I'm happy it's appreciated.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the version with both tracks is better learn to hear dummies

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this is loving great nicely done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks very much, Mr. Unlucky. Yes, personally I prefer the version with both audio tracks, maybe it's because I always listen on headphones, I don't know for sure. But regardless I'm glad you liked it.

• Locked thread