Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
If you grab the ropes while using a submission hold, damage increases by about 10%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ParanoidInc posted:

Don't try to get one of Dario Cueto's Unique Opportunities, it will end with you fired or a cigar being put out in your eye

Don't let Angelico climb to any nearby roof and/or balcony, and if he does, please check for airborne smug south-africans periodically.

Never befriend John Cena.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Rowdy Roddy Piper really is crazy. He really does keep a bail of barbed wire and a bucket of chestnuts in the back of his station wagon. If he tells you that you remind him of his kids, remember that he doesn't have kids any more, and no one knows why.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

homeless poster posted:

Rowdy Roddy Piper really is crazy. He really does keep a bail of barbed wire and a bucket of chestnuts in the back of his station wagon. If he tells you that you remind him of his kids, remember that he doesn't have kids any more, and no one knows why.

Also, he called you an n-word.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

Don't stack the odds in your favor against John Cena, as he tends to overcome them.

Now I'm just viewing an opponent trying to turn the tables on John Cena.
*Repeatedly hits self in the leg with a chair.
John Cena: What are you DOING?
Opponent: AH-HA! My leg is now injured. Now YOU have the advantage and I have to overcome the odds. Check and Mate John Cena.
Cena: You are a crazy person.
Opponent: Crazy like a fox. I also had the GM ban my finisher in our upcoming match. And book me in a match against every other wrestler in the company, on the same night. My victory is assured!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Be sure to own Alex Riley at every opportunity

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
If you go into a ring and there is a cake there, feel free to disregard proper etiquette and just go right ahead and grab a slice. It will end up being smooshed/smashed all over someone (perhaps even several someones) before the night is over, so you may as well enjoy a piece of it before it's destroyed.

(notable exception: if it is a cake intended for Christy Hemme and her hungry posterior :v:)

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
DTA

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

If you've just won a massive and impressive-looking trophy, don't bother making any plans for it to go on your mantlepiece.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Due to the overwhelming demand for the return of Steve Blackman, all WWE rings have caches of kendo sticks hidden under the tarp. While this usually only comes up in EXTREME RULES matches (such as a street fight or no dq), it's worthwhile to know these exist in case you are the lesser number in a NUMBERS GAME.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
Be extra careful when walking to the ring! While you may be able to absorb 200 punches to the head in any given match, being pushed over outside of the ring will render you unconscious for several minutes.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

• do something else don't ruin your life

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Good friends with your tag team partner? Enjoy it while it lasts, before some woman or injury or depush or something splits you off forever!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Joe IS going to kill you.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you're a heel authority figure, don't put the babyfaces in handicap matches. It will just make them stronger.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The second you put on a referee shirt, you are going to suffer from narcolepsy.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
You hear glass break? Get the gently caress out of the arena before you get stunner'd

edit: the rock doesn't really want to know what you think or what your name is

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
A wise man once told me that whether you like it, or you don't like it, learn to love it. This is because it's the best thing going today. :tipshat:

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

If you have an altercation with foe before even the first match of a show and the GM comes out, your rear end will be in a tag match

If you steal your opponents finisher you would have been better off doing your own as the damage isn't equal

If you have an onscreen love interest you will bone them irl

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Don't be afraid of the door.

It's just a thing with hinges. You've seen them since you were a baby. You probably used at least three between the locker room and the ring. Why does it perplex you so? You've seen steel cages before, too. This isn't your first time. I don't care how much brain damage you've had. You should know what an open door looks like, how to close or reopen it, and remember it's the easiest and most painless method of victory in a WWE steel cage match. Just walk through, you stupid idiot bitch fucker. You gently caress. You idiot. Walk through it. Just leave. Dean stop looking at the anime ghost. Just go home man.

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
Despite promises from online universities, you can't teach being seven foot tall or a certified G.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's all about that money, money.

Also don't answer your phone.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
If you want to win, make it a win.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
Always hook the drat leg.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If you ever take a trip down to Cobb County Georgia, be sure to read all signs and respect local law enforcement.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
No matter what he has said, The Great Power Uti probably won't pay you. Also, punching him in the balls won't work.

If you're wrestling in Corpus Christi, chances are you're going into the Gulf of Mexico.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
You can see the image on a TV screen a lot more clearly if you stand directly in front of it, not off to the side.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Normally, if you go one-on-one with another wrestler you got a 50-50 chance of winning.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Normally, if you go one-on-one with another wrestler you got a 50-50 chance of winning.

However, being a genetic freak gives you a 75% chance of winning.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Hoss Corncave posted:

However, being a genetic freak gives you a 75% chance of winning.
Only if Kurt Angle hasn't been added to the mix.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If you Didn't Know, it is highly recommended that you Call Somebody by way of Your rear end

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If you Didn't Know, it is highly recommended that you Call Somebody by way of Your rear end

an addendum.

If you do not agree with this point of view, you will need to imbibe "it".

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Whoever your opponent is? HE'S FAT!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Are you a bit of a jerk? Are you a champion? Are you ducking somebody due to those previous two things?

Well, save your energy. They'll get to you eventually.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Big Show is a giant.

Also you can't lift him.

Cause he's a giant.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
If you're in the Royal Rumble/battle royale after knocking your opponent over the top rope make sure that he hits the floor before celebrating.
Don't risk getting pinned, kickout at the one count.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
When the promoter says he'll get you your pay next time, he won't.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
If your fighting Roman Reigns and want a rest try not to do it on the bottom rope.

The police officers that need a piece of paper to remind them what to say when they arrest you....yea they are fake.

Don't be scared of Bray he never wins.

If your fighting John Cena you won't win....unless your Broooooaaak LEssssNaaaR

If your a Diva keep away from Jerry "The King" Lawler

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Need a pop? Murder Michael Cole. You'll be a smark favorite in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
Do not be shocked that, when you present an idea for a gimmick/storyline to a booker/promoter and he immediately shoots it down, the exact same idea is then subsequently re-purposed and given to the wrestler the company actually wants to push.

• Locked thread