Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Spoken like a true king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just to sort of summarize my position before I gently caress off to work (I'll be reading but I hate phone posting in mafia games so I doubt I'll respond to much)

We shouldn't be looking to lynch the most bombastic poster or whoever we think is king. We should be looking to lynch someone who has a non-committal voting history, someone who is playing an opportunistic game. We shouldn't be looking to vote for the people actually making good contributions, because their flip is going to tell us absolutely nothing if we are wrong and they aren't king. People like Pig, Gulag and TT are all very likely guards and if they flip as guards, we should be able to nail the king the very next day. Lynching strong posters is bad and anyone advocating for it is bad at this style of game (or scum)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm the king alright

the king of actually being good at this style of game because you all suck at it (except you pig I think you are good at being scum in it)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
"hey lets gun for the king before we have a single guard flip, also the king is probably someone who is making a lot of good posts as town" - a bunch of people who probably haven't thought about this game very hard

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

MC Eating Disorder posted:

just an aside, I absolutely love this format, even though its frustrating as hell and I would 100% play this style of game again, as long as I did not have anything stressful going on in my life because I'm rankled up as HELL and thats like 75% of what Ilove about mafia

As an aside I disagree - I'm finding this format more stressful than fun - it's all the excitement of being Vanilla Town without the "I'm a cop - he's scum" phew actual data points :P

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

"hey lets gun for the king before we have a single guard flip, also the king is probably someone who is making a lot of good posts as town" - a bunch of people who probably haven't thought about this game very hard

You're asking people whether they think people are guards or king, and then getting mad when they think someone is king?

Like what do you get from discrediting peoples reads by saying "we need to kill the less important roles first!!!"

I think DBD has been making good posts as town, but the fact that he has made one vote all game, on Strong Mouse, and then had to go back and be very defensive about the dunk makes me think he is king. He's hedging quite a bit.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If your criteria for thinking someone is king is 'has been making good posts as town' then you're just asking to mislynch townies and hope you get lucky. It's a terrible strategy and the reason I ask if people think the person they're voting is king or a guard is specifically because of this. Until we get a guard flip there's absolutely no value in trying to nail the king specifically because we're just gonna wind up with a bunch of shitposters

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

You're asking people whether they think people are guards or king, and then getting mad when they think someone is king?

Like what do you get from discrediting peoples reads by saying "we need to kill the less important roles first!!!"

I think DBD has been making good posts as town, but the fact that he has made one vote all game, on Strong Mouse, and then had to go back and be very defensive about the dunk makes me think he is king. He's hedging quite a bit.

2 votes.

And I'm not being defensive - well, I am, because I'm defending myself - but I've made several points back at you as far as speaking about the game after I don't flip scum (if I was lynched) - which you refused to answer - because you're putting all of your eggs in the wrong basket and refuse to see the bigger picture, and then Kleedrac thinking I'm guard all game and now saying I'm the king which is a HUGE DEAL since one role has way more information than the other which would mean every single point he had against me is false since they relied on me being guard.

GG hasn't had very valid points on me either I feel, but at least he's answered my questions when I throw them back.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He's made two votes all game btw which is a good catch btw, he's not even a terrible candidate for a guard lynch because of that specifically (the rest of the case still sucks) but I'm trying to just get everybody on the same page wrt strategy because if we vote him and he flips town, we're down a reasonably active town player and that hurts us. We still have one more day where a mislynch doesn't absolutely wreck us and we need to vote a shitposter imo. I'm happy with taste or gulag as well as pig but dbd is bad today

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyway I'm on my phone at work which I hate doing cause gently caress trying to formulate arguments on an iPhone so I'll be back in 8 hours or so

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

He's made two votes all game btw which is a good catch btw, he's not even a terrible candidate for a guard lynch because of that specifically (the rest of the case still sucks)

No that part sucks too since you've voted 2 people, Kleedrac 3, Bottle 3, means nothing.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My point is kings don't need to be cagey with their votes though. Guards do

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

and then Kleedrac thinking I'm guard all game and now saying I'm the king which is a HUGE DEAL since one role has way more information than the other which would mean every single point he had against me is false since they relied on me being guard.

If you case kleedrac more completely, it may change my opinion of him this game. If you can show me that transition I would vote for him.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

BottleKnight posted:

If you case kleedrac more completely, it may change my opinion of him this game. If you can show me that transition I would vote for him.

Luckily for me he cannot because this is false. I've said he's been acting suspicious all game - trying to direct traffic. I'm not sure if he will flip Guard of King but I'm getting more and more certain he won't flip Rebel. It was only recently when he built a "case" on me and had two people who've barely posted all game pop into the thread - vote - and pop out that made me suspect he may be the ringleader.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sigh, ok here.

Kleedrac posted:

Seriously this post reads as "Scum push a bad lynch - by scum I mean me"
##Vote Deadbeat Dad

This is his original reasoning to vote me, which I still don't understand what it means. Apparently Strong Mouse was a bad lynch - but does he mean that he feels that way? Or that I felt that way?, if he meant that I thought it was a bad lynch, he's wrong because I never said that at all - I would vote Mouse again because his 2 posts were not good and he was not active.

Kleedrac posted:

I'm not sure what he thinks my lynch would give the town beyond another day of people looking at his railing on me - perhaps a guard setting up an easy lynch?

His first instance of calling me a guard

Kleedrac posted:

Though I really am suspicious of DBD & GG for leading the town around - seems like guard plays to me but I am super-new at this I'm afraid

His second instance of calling me a guard

Kleedrac posted:

I think that between DBD being pushy as hell and constantly trying to use setup spec

His second reasoning post to vote me.

This is my vote on Strong Mouse, show me where I am being pushy. Setup spec is a broad way to describe talking about the game, and I don't think I've spent long talking about it at all.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Strong Mouse

Just doesn't seem like a very rebel-like post to me.

If you post more maybe I'll look elsewhere.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Mouse has been white noise and I DO NOT like the one post he made. and like I said, GG just seems super "helpy" which I can see a trait of a king doing, blend in, not doing too much wild poo poo

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Who you nibblin' at mouse lord (give me reads)

Is that pushy? I'm asking him to post more.

Meanwhile, he totally ignores the dude actually being pushy:

GulagDolls posted:

##vote strong mouse it this guy, maybe. one thing we know for sure is that mouse cannot live in a castle.

GulagDolls posted:

not having a deadline would be fine if you cowards would just vote the mouse

GulagDolls posted:

mouse is not gonna do stuff. i vote we rename him. to weak mouse.

GulagDolls posted:

this game should have tkaen half an hour

Kleedrac posted:

This should prove DBD is bad - he's being defended by Gulag "Shitpost Inc" Dolls.

So now I'm the king?

Kleedrac posted:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't seem to get this. I'm trying - I'm making cases - DBD votes me. Cpig/Gulag have said gently caress-all and just dropped votes where King DBD tells them and that's OK.

yes, now I'm King DBD according to Kleedrac

Every single thought process by Kleedrac towards me has been poked full of holes and he has not explained his thought process very well at all. I'll call a decent case when I see, but the things I'm getting accused on from him are strange.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Every single thought process by Kleedrac towards me has been poked full of holes and he has not explained his thought process very well at all. I'll call a decent case when I see, but the things I'm getting accused on from him are strange.

So would you say he is a kid king or a squid guard?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Two instances of me getting guard/king interaction wrong (not done on purpose)

DBD posted:

I have a small thing I want to look for in guards but I won't bring it up since they would avoid possibly doing it. It could also be a really lovely trap sprung that I'll just mention if nobody actually does it. I don't rate D1 very highly in games with night since I think it either takes an extreme gently caress up or an accidental gently caress it lynch that gets scum, but I think it might be the most important day for this sort of setup.

Me thinking the guards know each other.

[quote="DBD"]

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The best case you could've made was the Boog gifs = Sacramento King, which means I'm a king trying to relate to the guards.

Me thinking the guards don't know who the King is.

Kleedrac posted:

Luckily for me he cannot because this is false. I've said he's been acting suspicious all game - trying to direct traffic. I'm not sure if he will flip Guard of King but I'm getting more and more certain he won't flip Rebel. It was only recently when he built a "case" on me and had two people who've barely posted all game pop into the thread - vote - and pop out that made me suspect he may be the ringleader.

I'm not directing traffic. I'm making points and cases that people agree with - if others want to lynch it and think it's good, I'm not over here commanding orders.

BottleKnight posted:

So would you say he is a kid king or a squid guard?

Guard, but I'd hope he was king

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote kleedrac

You've earned it, and I agree with you. It's a good lynch. I am not flip-flopping, just agreeing that if you flip rebel it would be really lovely for town all of a sudden.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also Kleedrac talking about how stressful this game makes me suspect him too. This game honestly isn't that stressful for me, it's just really difficult to get good reads. I assume it's a lot harder if you're a guard trying to protect someone.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

##vote kleedrac

You've earned it, and I agree with you. It's a good lynch. I am not flip-flopping, just agreeing that if you flip rebel it would be really lovely for town all of a sudden.

The scummiest thing about him now is the guard to King switch, I won't rule out he's town tunnel-visioned on me.. however everybody else is sort of melding in together and I don't think he's being very thorough in his votes or his overall thinking this game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The scummiest thing about him now is the guard to King switch, I won't rule out he's town tunnel-visioned on me.. however everybody else is sort of melding in together and I don't think he's being very thorough in his votes or his overall thinking this game.

why you gotta hedge

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

why you gotta hedge

I've been pleading somebody to get me off of Kleedrac this entire game. He's making it hard for me the more he posts dumb stuff - there's a reason I looked away from him and kept on Mouse when I felt Kleedrac was doing dumb move after dumb move, but after a certain point...

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Meaning, I'd still vote Kleedrac over everybody else but if there is a big case on somebody that makes a lot more sense, I can switch - but Kleedrac has done a lot more tangible guardy weird stuff in the thread as far as i've seen.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Im absolutely down to vote Kleedrac if nobody wants to consider a shitposter today but reminder if we hit 2 more townies that's more or less game over, although I'm not sure that's necessarily 100% given guards don't know each other's identities and the king doesn't know who the guards are, but it's gonna be extremely hard to come back from that.

I'll vote him in a pinch today but I'd like everyone to seriously consider just picking a shitposter/lurker over someone who is actually playing the game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hey

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Does anybody have anything new

Kleedrac do you want to retract your statement that I have nothing on you being hypocritical

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
DBD if you are scum I'm gonna be so fuckin mad at you because you are probably the best poster in this game tbh

People are just being lazy and at least 1 of those people is town so I'm just gonna ##vote Kleedrac and hope to god someone hammers him because the glacial pace of this game is absolutely killing me

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean if Gulag, Pig and Taste are all town I'm probably gonna be even madder at them, but still SO MAD

this is such a fun format and its being ruined by the fact that people apparently are completely useless at this game without deadlines and night actions when that is just the absolute laziest way to play mafia

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DBD if you are scum I'm gonna be so fuckin mad at you because you are probably the best poster in this game tbh

People are just being lazy and at least 1 of those people is town so I'm just gonna ##vote Kleedrac and hope to god someone hammers him because the glacial pace of this game is absolutely killing me

I'm just being active and town which are my only good attributes so far, I've gotten Strong Mouse wrong and we'll see what happens with Kleedrac. I think guard but it wouldn't surprise me if he's town, but I'm not scum. Then again nobody is playing particularly strong this game which is hard since there's only been a lurker lynch with 0 night actions.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm just being active and town which are my only good attributes so far

it just feels scummy to me to only post in a game when there's something ~exciting~ going on

I mean I would love for people to be making a million shitposts in this thread because it would at least be fun to read but nope people are just being cagey and boring

at least I am only being one of those things

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kleedrac (4): Deadbeat Dad, GulagDolls, BottleKnight, MC Eating Disorder
Deadbeat Dad (2): Kleedrac, Ghastly Gangsta
MC Eating Disorder (1): CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

For whatever reason,

People I think are probably town: MC, Gulag, cpig

People I think are probably scum: DBD, GG, Klee

People I really don't know about and need to post more: Taste

The flip on Klee will give us a lot more info about this game, I think.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
while we're here, what's your opinion of gulag? I mean I know he's being lurky as poo poo but just do a read on him for laughs, because he's just avoided any kind of serious attention so far this game cause out of all the lurkers, he's the only one that hasn't actually bothered to pop in at every mention of the fact that he might be scummy

can we both just switch our votes to him and wait for him to turn up and actually post something? I promise I will switch back to kleedrac if nobody wants to jump on my cool bandwagon but I'm bummed that lurking seems to be such a viable scum strategy for this game.

##vote Gulag

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Bottleknight is scum.

He's being really weird and he's defending me and I'm acting scummy, anyone currently defending me is pretty scummy because I'm not playing well so you should all be suspicious of me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote bottleknight

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CapitalistPig posted:

Bottleknight is scum.

He's being really weird and he's defending me and I'm acting scummy, anyone currently defending me is pretty scummy because I'm not playing well so you should all be suspicious of me.

didn't you vote me specifically because I said you might be scum? its been so long between posts inthis game I honestly can't remember why you were voting me but I assume that has to be it

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
nah ok you actually had a reasonable explanation for that dw about it

I'm glad you're here pig :)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I still maintain aiming for the king before a single guard lynch is dumb as hell though

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Bottleknight is scum.

I pushed really hard for your lynch earlier in this game, but your subpar posting has seemed honest to me and my reads on you have changed.

Are you really using being bad in this game as a gotcha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i have third most posts in this thread and am confirmed town due to dong joke

• Locked thread