Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Confirming.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

time to take out the t r a s h

Boogie is the best.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Honestly this king is pretty poo poo if he's hiding in his own palace. Only 2 guards? Terrible forethought imo.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

my role pm says we have to make the king's dick huge as hell

I had to go reread mine for this to be funny.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm gonna do some game spec since this is a small one.

6 rebels, 3 scum basically means we lose after 3 mislynches, and delay lylo one day per guard we lynch. If it's anything like other games I've read, the guards will probably try to be bombastic and be unpredictable so as to hide the king. They'll probably even vote the king. Hopefully me saying all this makes them WIFOMy.

The king is essentially in the same spot as the rebels since he knows no identities of anyone else and the guards absolutely cannot tip their cap without being found itt. Since the guards don't know who each other is, I'd be on the lookout for early votes, which may be all HEY HAHA and then vote someone who the other guard will know is the king. The king will probably find this out this way too. The guards and king figuring out who each other are is very disadvantageous for town.

Unlike assassin in the palace, where town is trying to obscure info, in this game we need to be super in-depth and really read people. No-lynches don't matter, etc. No deadline.

That's all I have.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

I guess I'm just really confused on where rebels are getting our information from. Without night actions we're basically looking for liars in the thread?

The big thing about this game is that info is predetermined, so town (rebels) has a pretty big incentive to keep posting to keep reads going. Asking questions constantly is going to be key to this.

Also the king has just as little info as town, so they could contribute to the death of the guards pretty easily. It'll be weird.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote cpig

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

meh right now im having a hard time caring.

risking suspicion to make the play you think is right is a town move.

making a post like this is very, very much not town. It implies frustration at being pressured with barely any additional scumhunting. It is a bad defense.

I like my vote, I think we should lynch pig.

Kleedrac posted:

Sorry guys I've been on the road all day - and it looks like I ain't getting home tonight. No deadline on this game is listed but I'll put C-Pig on -1 so if you guys feel the need or a deadline is announced I'm helping;
##Vote: Capitalist Pig

No previous post about pig, still literally no alignment call in this post. This is a terrible post whether you are town or scum. Do you think pig is scum? Yes or no. And then back up your answer.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Any particular reason? Your thought process of previous posts sort of mirror mine, want to hear why you think different about CPig.

He fake-believed TT. He clearly did it in an immediate attempt to pass it off as meta or reaction-hunting. I think he calculated his D1 approach to the game, likes to hide behind a shroud and say it is content, and then say we're all dumb for him being weird.

It's a strategy where he makes himself look weird artificially, dismisses it as a nested gotcha, and then moves on with very frustrated posts. That is my case.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'd be willing to vote kleedrac, but I am baffled by his play. I do not get a scum or town read from a post like that.

Like, my thought process has been from each of the two roles the scum could be. The king would definitely not play that sketchy. I do not think he can be the king. Could he be a guard? Is he really just trying to lynch cpig for no stated reason? Or is he trying to draw heat off of cpig by making himself look so bad? I don't see what his motivation would be as scum.

When DBD said 'ballsy' I agreed. It's ballsy to do a play that is so, so scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

(I'm hitting the road on the way home right away)
It seems that lacking a deadline a vote is a bad idea? I guess I really don't quite get this variant - I assumed that no-lynchs are bad and that eventually Met's gonna show up and set a deadline. I literally voted the leader at the time I placed my vote (still the leader actually.) Can those of you who thought my vote is suspicious look at my assumptions and tell me if I did the wrong thing? Can you correct my assumptions if they're wrong? I'll catch up when I get home.

Yeah, I don't see you as being anything other than a red herring for town. Not making a case and just pushing a lynch is not town play. At least cpig is scumhunting.

##vote kleedrac

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

not having a deadline would be fine if you cowards would just vote the mouse

He's only made 4 posts, 3 since the game started. Honestly he should just get modkilled if he's not going to play.

If the mouse does come back, these are questions for him: who are your top 3 scum picks? What role would you peg each of those three as being if they are scum - guard or king?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would like mouse to come back and answer my questions. If he doesn't, and he is never heard from again, then his flip will be his only use to us.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MC Eating Disorder posted:

flips are worthless though, which is kind of why we're taking so long to actually lynch someone and I wanna just start slamming down lurkers until everyone is actively participating because this game is gonna be impossible for us to win if everyone isn't constantly posting and voting

We agree. We are both right.

His flip is of little use, but if he's not posting then his flip is the only thing we could get from him other than a replacement.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think we let scum push us into a bad vote yesterday. Sorry I wasn't around much this weekend. I'll have my thoughts up on the mouse wagon tonight.

Forced townie cred. Along with the other posts in this thread about you, I'm convinced.

##vote ghastly

I think Klee would be a good lynch too, but this one is better. Those are my top 2 scumpicks.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

There are 2 of my posts above yours my friend - I'm gonna try - it's just really curious and I'm slow on the uptake :P

I'm not 100% sure but I think the king probably types in all caps :coolbert:

Though I really am suspicious of DBD & GG for leading the town around - seems like guard plays to me but I am super-new at this I'm afraid - what do you think?

What are your reads on myself, TT and MC, individually.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Another Bodyguard might be BottleKnight.

The opening post by BK seemed like he was trying to establish open communication with the other bodyguard.

No matter how I read this post it feels like a directed communication.

Oh really? Because this:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

King might be Deadbeat Dad
I think arguments about whose trying to be authoritative in the game end up moot since it's everyone's obligation to try and piece together who is the scum, but his interactions with the player's he's found scummy is what makes me think that he might be the king.

Given that the King doesn't know who the guards are, taking that authoritative pro-town stance would be really useful.

If not a king, seemingly playing in a manner where he tries to corner players with pressure. This is noticeable on Kleedrac, Strongmouse and myself to a small degree.

feels exactly like a guard bussing the king in order to throw off heat later and help confirm DBD. You didn't even remember to put your vote until the next post, and then this:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Both of the people I have put a lot of suspicion on have voted for me.

You're way off base, I'm not sure authoritative is the right word when I vote players or question them for not actively playing the game or participating - I shouldn't have to do that if you signed up for something. If that's pressure, then yeah, I've done that. Which equates to being a king, how?

You pretty much have the opposite view that I have - there's no way I think the guards and the king are putting themselves out there that much - maybe one, sure, but it's not like I've made any "I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum !" arguments so I think your logic is faulty.

sounds much, much different than the tone of DBD's other posts. This is because it is a post where he forcibly acknowledges GG's accusation, and then dismisses it. He talks about setup spec, but not what he thinks of the fact that GG is accusing him. He's said several times in this game that GG pings him but does not call him out on anything. He is not trying to find alignment at all, because now he's found it and he just needs to very quickly swipe it away. He's actually been cooperating with GG quite a bit, despite mildly casing him. It seems like they know more than I do.

Looking back, this is a huge red flag, from D1:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Confirming. Who is the scum?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

how many scum are you looking out for, king? i bet you can't sleep because we're all on your mind. maybe we're actually your guards too. nowhere is SAFE

also holy gently caress this pollen is wrecking me

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

If I've been the king all this time, and I've lived in filth and squalor my entire life for nothing, I am going to be PISSED!

##unvote

It's a breadcrumb. I'm pretty damned sure it's GG telling DBD covertly that he is a guard.

I'm going for the win. Calling your bluff, GG.

##vote DBD

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

If GG himself nor other people didn't acknowledge that's how GG plays (which is what bothers me more than anything) I'd vote him for it, but there's no reason to vote for somebody because of playstyle.

The fact that him AND Kleedrac both vote the one person that is pressing both of them is something that scum do (which is better than voting on playstyle) - but Kleedrac pings me more than GG does.

REBELS please take note of these votes on me if I do go down because this is some suspect poo poo. I mean, I inherently play scummy even when I'm town because I am super defensive but this game I've actually held my emotions in check and I think for a town game I'm playing one of the towniest games in recent memory from my own perspective.

And I still have 3 lovely votes on me all which have different pretenses and reasons.

Okay, so which ones of us are scum, or are all 3 of us scum?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BK I like the enthusiasm of your case on DBD in general, but would you consider kleedrac at all today? Say I said I didn't like the vote on DBD at all, and at least 2 from 3 of TT, Gulag and Pig also refused to switch, can you tell me what you think your reaction to that might be?

On that note, does anyone feel like TT and Pig have both checked out a little bit now that DBD has some pressure on him? Both seemed like they were putting effort in originally but I feel they're not really trying anymore.

I want to see what Kleedrac thinks of my case and whether he agrees that DBD is, specifically, king or not.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What would be your next logical leap when or if I'm lynched and the game doesn't end because I'm not king or guard

Is this chainlynch baiting? I'm pretty sure about you, and if I'm wrong that will change everything I see about this game. Thinking about the game after your flip is a distraction.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

this takes like 10 seconds to do but look, it's a BottleKnight case

totally loving breadcrumbed and this means he is scum. Let's not talk about anything else though because it hurts my head

bahahaha I like you DBD, I'll definitely sign up for whatever your next game is.

You know, after your royal highness is assassinated.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

questions for anyone:

1. What organ is responsible for vision?
2. What is the 13th letter of the alphabet?
3. what would be the title of someone married to a queen?

If you win this game while only posting poo poo like this, I am going to be pretty salty. I feel like night actions are the only way to deal with you gulag, because everyone just kind of agrees that you're gulag and brushes poo poo off.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

afraid to submit to my interrogation, maggot? got something to hide?

1. Eye
2. M
3. Prince, Duke of Edinburgh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

between DBD and Kleedrac, there is really only one choice. ab eing that radiates pure kingly evil

##vote cpig

Please explain your vote to its full reasoning.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MC to answer your question from earlier, no I don't think I'd vote for Kleedrac. I would vote for DBD or GG, and I'd have to think harder before anyone else.

Like people keep saying that they think the king is probably doing a lot of hard work scum hunting in this game and I think if that's true, the king is probably BK tbh.

Or, you know, DBD. Like, the fact that I am getting so little suspicion this game is weird, but the fact that people are soft casing me as soon as I vote for DBD is... odd.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

"hey lets gun for the king before we have a single guard flip, also the king is probably someone who is making a lot of good posts as town" - a bunch of people who probably haven't thought about this game very hard

You're asking people whether they think people are guards or king, and then getting mad when they think someone is king?

Like what do you get from discrediting peoples reads by saying "we need to kill the less important roles first!!!"

I think DBD has been making good posts as town, but the fact that he has made one vote all game, on Strong Mouse, and then had to go back and be very defensive about the dunk makes me think he is king. He's hedging quite a bit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

and then Kleedrac thinking I'm guard all game and now saying I'm the king which is a HUGE DEAL since one role has way more information than the other which would mean every single point he had against me is false since they relied on me being guard.

If you case kleedrac more completely, it may change my opinion of him this game. If you can show me that transition I would vote for him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Every single thought process by Kleedrac towards me has been poked full of holes and he has not explained his thought process very well at all. I'll call a decent case when I see, but the things I'm getting accused on from him are strange.

So would you say he is a kid king or a squid guard?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote kleedrac

You've earned it, and I agree with you. It's a good lynch. I am not flip-flopping, just agreeing that if you flip rebel it would be really lovely for town all of a sudden.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also Kleedrac talking about how stressful this game makes me suspect him too. This game honestly isn't that stressful for me, it's just really difficult to get good reads. I assume it's a lot harder if you're a guard trying to protect someone.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The scummiest thing about him now is the guard to King switch, I won't rule out he's town tunnel-visioned on me.. however everybody else is sort of melding in together and I don't think he's being very thorough in his votes or his overall thinking this game.

why you gotta hedge

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

For whatever reason,

People I think are probably town: MC, Gulag, cpig

People I think are probably scum: DBD, GG, Klee

People I really don't know about and need to post more: Taste

The flip on Klee will give us a lot more info about this game, I think.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Bottleknight is scum.

He's being really weird and he's defending me and I'm acting scummy, anyone currently defending me is pretty scummy because I'm not playing well so you should all be suspicious of me.

I pushed really hard for your lynch earlier in this game, but your subpar posting has seemed honest to me and my reads on you have changed.

Are you really using being bad in this game as a gotcha?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac is a good lynch.

MC, would you vote for Kleedrac? Do you think his lynch would be bad for town?

Cpig, why am I a better lynch than Kleedrac? Is it really just the one thing where I said I think you're town?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I can get down with a Bottle vote because his votes have become stranger and stranger as the days have went on, although he's tugging on my heart strings since I convinced him to change his vote and said he liked my style.

I like your style too, buddy

This is fine, but I want everyone to say why they're going to vote me instead of just saying "he defended pig, he posts like a king." Otherwise we will get nothing from my flip.

also

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The answer to this is ~in my posts today~

Well the first part anyway but I feel you can infer the second part from the answer to the first

You said me and Kleedrac are both second-tier votes. Is your vote going to stay on gulag, then? That's your #1?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I still think its a huge mistake to go straight for the king because it makes sense that the king would disguise themselves as a strong town player. This means that people pushing for voting for the king are advocating pushing for the strongest town players. This is absolutely stupid and why I don't want to vote DBD. Lets nail some low effort posters first and see how they voted. If pig flips guard today I will absolutely believe DBD is king and vote for him today. If pig flips town, I think the DBD case has some merit to it, but its not worth potentially taking a good town player out of the game for it. BK, the only reason I mention you as a potential king is you have absolutely no poo poo on you today. That's very weird imo. Do you get what I mean by that?

I just realised taste was already on pig and he's being really boring for such a funny guy. I also just realised BK is already on 2 votes. (I have not bothered to look at vote finder much his game cause it has been slow as poo poo)

##vote BK

If BK isn't king I will vote Kleedrac with absolutely no reservations tomorrow y'all, but please let me know if you're unconvinced by a BK Vote right now and I will explain accordingly why BK (or maybe you!!!) are scum

Please explain.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I've been begging people to consider gulag pig or TT today and nobody seems interested at all in my ideas and it's getting boring so I'd like to see if there's a possibility of just going for you today instead

So you're only okay with overwriting your previous rules if your first three lynches fail? Hmmm.

I mean, you barely went for gulag, you just said "yeah guys this is a bad player" and then literally never even voted for TT as far as I can remember. Then you vote for pig, and 6 hours later you give up and vote for me, overwriting your previous game strategy posts?

You're literally throwing votes against the wall, desperate to lynch a player, any player.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Everyone voting kleedrac should vote bottleknight instead.

Based on your incredible "Didn't find me scummy" case.

To be fair, I still think you're town pig, and when I flip town I hope the scum don't immediately jump on you to win the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

That's because there's not really a case on me. There's "he defended me," by pig, something literally zero people have mentioned or talked about other than me and Kleedrac and then your "your reasoning has gotten weirder and worse," which I would also disagree with but at least is a better read.

This just makes me more confident in the Kleedrac vote, the fact that people aren't voting him, and aren't giving reasons to not vote him other than "I would rather kill this player" and then starting this contentless push on me is what is really egging me. He is a better lynch, for all the reasons previously stated.

• Locked thread