Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I'm down, sounds like fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Comrades! The time has come for us to take what is rightfully ours! We, the people demand our self-actualisation! Let's string the bastard up by his neck and all those who would defend him!

(Confirmed!)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

King here, how do I make laws

##vote gulagdolls

hell yeah comrades crack a beer we done

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

my role pm says we have to make the king's dick huge as hell

Literally lmao ##unvote

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

We should be looking at voting intentions, serious pushes, fake out pushes and looking for people posting like they have more information than we do (although in this setup the scum have less information than scum in a normal game), just like any other mafia game

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kleedrac posted:

I suppose I always seem to think that we get more information from cops and the like - or even data taken from night kills and their interactions which we are being denied here.

I think this format of game is interesting because it makes the scum play a defensive style of game where they can't really do anything except pretend to be town. There's some extreme gambits they could take to identify each other, like BK has noted, but they're extremely unreliable and at least initially, the information asymmetry is in favour of the town. I think good mafia play in general is more about day actions than night actions anyway so this style of game further reinforces that, but that's kind of dependent on the kind of set up and the size of the game I guess.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

no I absolutely feel that, its way too early to vote anyone atm since its incredibly important to avoid a mislynch but I think thats exactly the kind of poo poo we're looking for on D1

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I think the biggest difference between this and a traditional game of mafia is we aren't going to be able to ascertain very much from flips, normally you look at everyones day actions through the lens of the flips that occurred previously but obviously that isn't going to be helpful here

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I like pig, im neutral on TT, if on't like ghastly gangster, and I have no idea what's going on with the rest of you

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That's meant to say I don't like gg gently caress you iPhone autocorrect what is that even

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gulag is probably town, Maybe not but his post about making the Kings dick huge made me laugh and also made me assume he got the same pm as me

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Probably not a stretch for scum to infer from context that town pms might make reference to the king being hung so that's a super tentative town read tho I just like to laugh

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Can anyone offer a compelling reason for kleedrac to do what he did if he wasn't scum? We have no deadlines, and even if we did we have no nights anyway.

Also that post is the only time he's mentioned pig at all in the game

Its absolutely insane

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bad votes following it make it even worse since at least good votes would present a plausible reason for him making that post

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

*preceding it

also append "as town" to the end of that as well while i'm correcting myself

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

that's not what I'm saying and even if you didn't notice my mafia edit I dont know how you interpreted it as meaning that

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

if every other vote on pig had been grounded in some kind of actual good and unfuckwithable logic and reasoning kleedracs post would have been bad, but still could conceivably have been made by a bad townie. On the flipside, kleedracs post being preceded by garbage posts makes me think he's bad scum because I can't see why town would jump on a pile of bad votes to put someone at -1

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I'm literally asking if anyone can come up with a good reason for a townie to make that post, since I'm actually having trouble believing anyone could be bad enough at scum to make it, and there's absolutely no way in my mind that it could have been made by town unless I'm missing something, which I would like to know if anyone can point out before I vote kleedrac

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I don't mind the mouse but I think kleedrac is better. Its a very hard style of game to get a grip on. I can imagine the guards being super lurky OR super bombastic in their play this game but I sort of assume the king would have to contribute or he'd just get lynched for lurking anyway. Kleedrac probably isn't king though, but I think he's a very high chance of being a guard. Mouse is probably also a guard. I'd like to lynch them both but I think we should give mouse some more time to get his poo poo together and contribute more so for today I wanna ##vote Kleedrac and we can nail the mouse tomorrow

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tremendous Taste posted:

on top of that as someone with an eating disorder i am shaken by your cavalier usage

who will help me fell this demon

Hey friend,

I'm sorry if this is a legit post, we should internet hang and swap stories if you want

I am still not scum though, I'm really bad at being active scum, that is my scum meta

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hmmmm OK I too have terrible dreams but this game is not causing any of them, but do you think kleedrac and the mouse are town? The only reason to vote me over them is if you aren't sure about the two lead suspects

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I dunno this game is hard and we should stop being babies and just pick someone though

Who has the least posts, let's start there cause its been a long as hell day and also slow as gently caress so at least a few guards have to be lurking

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hrmmm its the mouse and then kleedrac in that order what a surprise

##vote strongmouse

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

flips are worthless though, which is kind of why we're taking so long to actually lynch someone and I wanna just start slamming down lurkers until everyone is actively participating because this game is gonna be impossible for us to win if everyone isn't constantly posting and voting

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I don't think we're gonna get anything from him coming back and posting, he's being deliberately cagey. At least Kleedrac had the decency to come up with a halfway reasonable excuse why he wasn't going to be around much. The mouse is just being obtuse and boring

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The gently caress it, let's kill somebody copout then, however you'd like to phrase it. Weekends have proven themselves to be a quieter time on these threads. There's suspicion to be drawn from the mouse lynch is all I was trying to say. Still at woek, will have more later.

I disagree, there's no good reason for a guard to jump on a bad lynch as long as they're keeping up a veneer of engaging in the game and regularly voting to begin with

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah I'm absolutely feeling gg today but I really want kleedrac to show back up first

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I don't have any specific questions for you, I just would like you to play this game of mafia with us please

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

TELL ME WHO THE KING IS OR I KILL THE SPACE DANDY MAN

HES NOT KIDDING I CAN FEEL SOMETHING HARD POKING INTO MY BACK

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kleedrac posted:

MCED feels really pushy this game compared to other games. He turned my vote (which I admit with no deadlines was a bit scummy) into a full-on no way a player could do this and be town. I understand now but as a new player in this variant his assuredness makes me nervous. He then switched his vote back to Mouse when there's no deadline (which is basically why he claimed my vote was scummy) - he admitted that the mouse flip wasn't helpful but he joined the mousewagon. He then prods me after I had made 2 posts and when I asked if he wanted me to answer any questions he said no. His play seems irrational to me - although again I'm new to this format so perhaps I'm making mountains of molehills.

First of all you equating your vote on pig with my vote on mouse is incredibly wrong, my problem with that vote was the way you did it right before you made a point of mentioning you were leaving for a long amount of time. In some more detail, your vote is your weapon in this game. Laying a -1 vote right before you leave with no intention of coming back for 24 hours (or however long it was) is like leaving your gun lying around fully loaded in your at-home daycare centre. Not only can scum take full advantage of that, but leaving someone at -1 is leaving it wide open for some clueless townie to jump on a bad lynch. As town, unless you're personally quite sure the target is scum, there's absolutely no point to doing that. As scum, there's also no point to doing that, because while you might get an easy town lynch, you will also look like complete trash, which is why people have been saying that don't think its scummy, because they wouldn't understand why you would do something so obviously anti-town when a scum with any ounce of self-reflection would realise this and try to make it look more natural. If you had any real actual conviction about pig it would make more sense, both as town and as scum.

I'm also new to this format, but I find it super-fascinating because in mafia people tend to get caught up with night actions and "scum-tells" but the core of the game is essentially looking at how people use their votes and what that says about the information available to them. The information scum have is slightly different since we can only ascertain information about one specific scum (the king) from their actions and votes, and we can't actually tell ANYTHING about the king until we start catching guards and observing their previous voting behaviour.

Anyway, I wanted you to stick around and post specifically because this format is heavily skewed towards scum if there's no incentive not to lurk. Lurking means even if we do catch a guard, we can't tell anything from their flip because they haven't made any serious pushes or votes anyway. The aim of me pushing you into playing the game is because I suspect you might be a guard and I want to see what your reactions are. Lurking makes mafia less fun and I play this game because its fun to try and puzzle out the psychology of other players. If you are town you should absolutely be posting more than you have for the sake of our team, and if you're scum, you're playing a very safe, boring scum game and I'd like to take you out of it as quickly as possible so we can work on eliminating guards that have been pulling weird posting gambits.

Sorry if I seem irrational or weird, but ultimately my aim is to goad you, as the lowest content poster to date, to engage us more to make the game more fun for everyone. There might not always be a logical bent to everything I do, but ultimately my behaviour is rooted in the desire to have a fun and cool game for everyone involved.

And yeah like DD says, your latest post is a good effort and I'd like to see more like it, from you, and from the other players that are just coasting by. I'm willing to get GG a pass for now, because he seems legit bummed out and obviously if you have to choose between your own personal self-care and playing a game of mafia its the clearly correct choice to choose your own self-care, because mafia is a psychologically draining game and it can wreck you if your mind is preoccupied with other poo poo, but you'd better believe if he's still not contributing in another day or two and he hasn't replaced out I'm going to be gunning to string him up by his toes. In the meanwhile, I'm going to continue pushing you because you've given a couple of ok reads but you haven't really made any serious votes (remember, to quote the American Tolkien, "words are wind", your vote is the real weapon, your reads are worthless without votes to back it up) except to hammer somebody. Hammering is the least constructive use of your vote, especially when you qualify it by saying "its him or me" after you've been gone for 3 days.

I'm just trying to explain my reasoning for focusing so much on you here, because there are probably other fine candidates, but this game is going to stretch out forever and go on for a long time if we aren't constantly pressuring people to keep an active presence and at the moment, you are making some of the weakest posts AND contributing the least in terms of sheer volume. One of those by itself is mildly suspicious. Two is outright scummy.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

other comment: suck my freaking rebellious rod

jokes on you, you got what I meant which means you've wasted at least some of your life

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DBD, humour me here for a second, I wanna ask you about this post of yours for a second

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The best case you could've made was the Boog gifs = Sacramento King, which means I'm a king trying to relate to the guards.

Which isn't true at all, since I always post gifs when I'm playing, but I just made that connection now and I would probably vote myself if I wasn't a rebel on that premise alone.

Why would the king need to relate to the guards? The guards already know who the king is.

Just curious why you'd think the king needs to breadcrumb this kind of thing

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BK I like the enthusiasm of your case on DBD in general, but would you consider kleedrac at all today? Say I said I didn't like the vote on DBD at all, and at least 2 from 3 of TT, Gulag and Pig also refused to switch, can you tell me what you think your reaction to that might be?

On that note, does anyone feel like TT and Pig have both checked out a little bit now that DBD has some pressure on him? Both seemed like they were putting effort in originally but I feel they're not really trying anymore.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DBD my for real question for you is who is your second choice? I think we should all have a backup plan. Most of the people who are voting for you have Kleedrac as a backup plan. Since Kleedrac is your first choice, who would you like to vote for if Kleedrac wasn't able to be lynched for whatever reason?

GG my question for you is would you be willing to vote for BK over DBD? Your case on BK seems much stronger and although we are obviously trying to nail the king first and foremost, your case for DBD as king feels very speculative. Meanwhile your case on BK is still not a slam dunk or anything, (and I doubt there will be many of those made in this game anyway) but it feels much more substantial. Catching a guard is not quite as good as catching the king but it is still better than nailing town. Do you really feel like DBDs

I want to wait for everyone to answer these questions before I make a vote for today if thats ok with everybody. One of these 3 people I've asked a question is my current personal favourite for a lynch but I don't want to reveal which one until I get a good answer to all my questions. They are all on my mind right now and I want to see if anything else shakes loose before I commit to my first vote for today.

Probably the best thing about this style of game is I don't feel pressured into making a vote. Good scum shouldn't just be able to avoid detection, they should be able to put pressure on townies to make bad votes and this format makes it a lot harder. Please everyone (especially those of you who are town) take your time and really think about what I'm asking you before you respond. God bless, comrades. I'll be around if anyone needs me.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

How can you possibly know that gulag, he didn't even answer your interrogation!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

In the words of the American Tolkien: "Do Or Do Not, Just Make Some Actual loving Reads Already Christ"

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

that is now my official mafia catch phrase because it annoys gulag just btw everyone

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I like this post

Kleedrac posted:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't seem to get this. I'm trying - I'm making cases - DBD votes me. Cpig/Gulag have said gently caress-all and just dropped votes where King DBD tells them and that's OK.

I don't wanna vote dbd though

Let's vote pig for this saying he doesn't have any good scum reads and then just dropping a vote on the party line

If pig flips guard I will vote DBD tomorrow with the rest of you no questions asked. If pig flips town you guys are gonna have to work harder on the DBD case because I'm still not convinced

##vote pig

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Do you think Kleedrac is the king or a guard pig? Just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Like people keep saying that they think the king is probably doing a lot of hard work scum hunting in this game and I think if that's true, the king is probably BK tbh. I don't know if you think Kleedrac is king or not since you haven't really been making any stupid-long effort posts about your feelings (which is normal pig play to not do I acknowledge that) but if you are going for him because he's the king I think that is insanely wrong. There is no way the king would play so fast and loose. The more kleedrac posts the more he feels like well meaning but completely off-base town. Maybe he's a guard, I haven't really noticed him making any effort to avoid acknowledging any good cases on anyone else though, which should be the absolute biggest scumtell on this game.

• Locked thread