Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

time to take out the t r a s h

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Confirming. Who is the scum?

how many scum are you looking out for, king? i bet you can't sleep because we're all on your mind. maybe we're actually your guards too. nowhere is SAFE

also holy gently caress this pollen is wrecking me

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

pollen? you mean the king-seeking pollen that targets kings that live in the king castle?

you seem to know a lot about this "king pollen"

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Kleedrac posted:

I guess I'm just really confused on where rebels are getting our information from.

Is this worded really weirdly or am I just

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I think this format of game is interesting because it makes the scum play a defensive style of game where they can't really do anything except pretend to be town. There's some extreme gambits they could take to identify each other, like BK has noted, but they're extremely unreliable and at least initially, the information asymmetry is in favour of the town. I think good mafia play in general is more about day actions than night actions anyway so this style of game further reinforces that, but that's kind of dependent on the kind of set up and the size of the game I guess.

Yeah, no night games are actually my favorite. I think Legends of the Hidden Temple was like this but it had masons. Ehhhh, It's hard to argue playstyles since there hasn't been many done with this format as far as I know, also he tweaked this version from previous ones.

Voting out the King is a stroke of luck because they can post uninhibited as they aren't aware of the guards -, unless there is a guard about to be lynched and there may be some sort of plea that can be picked up upon.

I have a small thing I want to look for in guards but I won't bring it up since they would avoid possibly doing it. It could also be a really lovely trap sprung that I'll just mention if nobody actually does it. I don't rate D1 very highly in games with night since I think it either takes an extreme gently caress up or an accidental gently caress it lynch that gets scum, but I think it might be the most important day for this sort of setup.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

##vote tt made joke about me being king, which made people vote me, which makes me angry

my pollen allergies are gone, gullag. did you walk past me in the hallway and attract the pollen?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

oh the guards don't know each other.

i was going to look for like over the top bussing/arguments between certain players that may arise (which would actually be lovely since there is no investigative roles to throw off) but I feel like it would naturally be a go to thing for people.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

man I REALLY hate kleedrac's post the more I read it. what else would we be looking for besides liars without a night? it could be an earnest question but he's been in quite a few games

I'm going to sleep though

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Strong Mouse posted:

Man, I hate day one. I never know what to do or say, so I end up being quiet for a lot of it.

I really don't have a read on Gulag, but TT is really looking like he wants to get lynched.

This post is almost as bad as Kleedrac. I understand D1 sentiments but this isn't overly jokey and there is no night action to go on so I mean just post and bounce off of people and call things out that are scummy.

You did nothing in this post besides say you have no idea on Gulag and point out the obvious on TT.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

Because if gulag is the king we win??

I mean if you think TT is outright being a lovely person outing the king sure but that's close to 0%

Gulag could be the King but not because of TT saying it

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

Well thats what Im saying, if taste is lovely and outed the king, then we would win and know how lovely he is.

Then if hes lying we could just lynch him and get , at least, a possible guard out of the way.

In either scenario whether taste is actually a guard and is outing the king or taste is town and lying hes being a jerk and playing against his wincon.

The only way he makes sense is if he's either a guard throwing suspicion away (In a dumb way) from the real king or if he's a guard throwing the game.

I don't like where that leads though. If TT is lying (which is extremely likely) and we lynch Gulag, the next logical step is people getting mad at TT and going after him next because they cant trust him / think he's a guard then before you know it there's just 2 rebels down and not much to go on.

I feel like you're favoring a very low chance (TT actually telling the truth) when there is an extremely higher chance that both are rebels.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I haven't played much mafia in the last year, maybe 2 or 3 games at most but I've been in like 1 or 2 with TT and he's straight up just claimed something and then was like "okay nah I wasn't really that", but it got people talking, so I'm telling you he's not being lovely.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

no. i'm saying cpg is voting based on a bunch of bullshit he doesn't believe and is disregarding any chance that tt is just a rebel making things up.

##vote cpig

there are certainly some gaps in logic but I don't believe he believes that's the most likely scenario, if he does, that is really dumb. which lends me to believe he is a rebel. The way he elaborated and explained his thinking seems town. It would be odd play from a guard or king - I still don't like certain statements from Mouse, Kleedrac and GG but I think GG rubbed me wrong the last game I played with him so it might just be a playstyle thing but more than that, he reads like I did my first year of playing mafia when I was scum trying to fit in, I was just eager and really helpful and tried to be too safe. I also think he entertained TT far too much than he deserved to be entertained. A weird vote. Mouse is white noise at this point. Kleedrac's one wording thing might be a slip.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think no matter what I do, I'll come across scummy. When I'm joking around, everyone thinks I'm scummy. When I'm trying to be serious and insightful, everyone thinks I'm scummy. I'm beginning to be at peace with it lol.

I will say that I feel like this game size and mode lends itself to me wanting to take a more active role though. I hope more players come and join in on the discussion soon!

I just get a "fake earnest/contributing" vibe from you that scum have, but maybe you can't control it

I just don't get the TT vote, even though you switched it. Did you want him voted for? If more people started voting him, would you have kept it? I just feel like most people either gather information from that situation or ignore it, the vote seems a bit feigned.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Any particular reason? Your thought process of previous posts sort of mirror mine, want to hear why you think different about CPig.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Strong Mouse posted:

Man, I hate day one. I never know what to do or say, so I end up being quiet for a lot of it.

I really don't have a read on Gulag, but TT is really looking like he wants to get lynched.

##vote Strong Mouse

Just doesn't seem like a very rebel-like post to me.

If you post more maybe I'll look elsewhere.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

GG is like this in every game.. ._.;

I think I like kleedrac the most as our lynch now. he didnt even comment on the king's soon to be giant dong

I also don't like Kleedrac, but his last post is almost like......... I dunno, kinda ballsy -1 play

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Yeah Kleedrac is either really bad/unaware town play or guard play

GG whether or not it's his playstyle or not just always reads safe so I could see king. Same with Mouse. Mouse could be king. Okay with all 3, less sure on everybody else.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I'm literally asking if anyone can come up with a good reason for a townie to make that post, since I'm actually having trouble believing anyone could be bad enough at scum to make it, and there's absolutely no way in my mind that it could have been made by town unless I'm missing something, which I would like to know if anyone can point out before I vote kleedrac

Out of all of his posts thats actually the one I've taken the least issue with because it makes no loving sense, the rest of what he's said is just as puzzling so I can actually see myself talking myself out of Kleedrac

Mouse has been white noise and I DO NOT like the one post he made. and like I said, GG just seems super "helpy" which I can see a trait of a king doing, blend in, not doing too much wild poo poo

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Strong Mouse posted:

Mice can very well live in castles. Why do you think there are always cats around? They trying to catch me. But I'm too strong, and this mouse is going to kill the king.

Who you nibblin' at mouse lord (give me reads)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Tremendous Taste posted:

This is a good post, king gulag is off base

what's your favorite future song this year

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Tremendous Taste posted:

Technically last year but monster is the poo poo

Waiting on ape poo poo and future Hendrix for sure though 🔥😤🔥

I'm keen to march madness and forever eva but everything he's touched lately has been 🔥

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Tremendous Taste posted:

I had a vision in my dreams that mc eating disorder is high effort scum

##vote mc eating disorder

been busy this weekend but yeah we should move towards something

i can actually see that?

I'd still rather go on Mouse or Kleedrac but still waiting on Mouse to do stuff. Kleedrac seems earnest in his weirdness even if every post is kinda bad

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think we let scum push us into a bad vote yesterday. Sorry I wasn't around much this weekend. I'll have my thoughts up on the mouse wagon tonight.

Not really a horrible vote. His only posts were bad and then he wasn't active or contributing, not somebody you want with you in the game later. But this isn't really a good post since there wasn't really a wagon.

It was basically me and Gulag saying vote mouse cause he's not doing poo poo, and then nobody posting for 3 days, and then the others saying "gently caress it, lets just kill somebody"

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Taste should I trust you bro? I always feel good about you but this game I feel tingly

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

why did I write bro, I don't think I ever use that word in actual sentences in real life or on the internet

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The gently caress it, let's kill somebody copout then, however you'd like to phrase it. Weekends have proven themselves to be a quieter time on these threads. There's suspicion to be drawn from the mouse lynch is all I was trying to say. Still at woek, will have more later.

There's always something to gain from a lynch, just when I hear "bandwagon" it seems sort of out of nowhere and hastily done without any discussion, I mean we had a lot of time just nobody really chose to elaborate and Mouse never came in to defend himself, but I'll read what you have when you post it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Kleedrac posted:

Seriously this post reads as "Scum push a bad lynch - by scum I mean me"
##Vote Deadbeat Dad

but.. I said it was a good lynch?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I mean, as far as lynching somebody that isn't a guard or king, it's not the worst lynch considering he was doing absolutely nothing.

Also lynching bad guys d1 is a 3/9 chance so people coming out and commenting on a bad lynch are suspicious, but at least GG has an *upcoming post* to elaborate on why that bandwagon is bad.

Kleedrac, you put a vote on Cpig because he was leader, and then on Strong because "apparently it was between you and him", neither which lend much explanation, then come out and put a vote on me and then write something that I never insinuated, plus all your early posts were not good at all.

##vote Kleedrac

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Kleedrac's reasoning is actually pretty poo poo considering he doesn't realize the guy he's answering to (gulag) led and pushed the mouse vote way more than I did (and pushing a vote like that isn't scummy to me on D1 at all, gulag seems rebel to me)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Everybody is new to this particular format - some have played nightless games, but the only difference is we're not getting any clues at all on night actions - you keep bringing that up like there is some sort of advantage that some of us have who have played nightless games before - we're just as clueless (or not as clueless) as you might be as far as night actions go.

I mentioned it 3 times because you played a very hesitate-y, excuse-filled D1 which is what people that don't want attention drawn to them do. I think your reasoning on me is particularly weak because it seems a little bit OMGUS and accusatory when I've never been "leading a lynch" like I was outside in the street yelling at people who to vote. It just so happened the guy I thought was most suspicious got lynched and was rebel. Sucks, but entirely had a chance to sway my opinion and chose not to post.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Alternatively, your other two opinions on other players is refreshing and the first things you've written that could sway me otherwise on thinking you're a guard or king, but you're still top 2 for me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Both of the people I have put a lot of suspicion on have voted for me.

You're way off base, I'm not sure authoritative is the right word when I vote players or question them for not actively playing the game or participating - I shouldn't have to do that if you signed up for something. If that's pressure, then yeah, I've done that. Which equates to being a king, how?

You pretty much have the opposite view that I have - there's no way I think the guards and the king are putting themselves out there that much - maybe one, sure, but it's not like I've made any "I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum !" arguments so I think your logic is faulty.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I respect your stance, but that's the impression you've left on me given your play in this game. I mean the Boog gifs are top notch, but when it comes to actually playing the game, I can't help but feel that you're only as active as you are in an attempt to mislead.

Making "an I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum!" argument would defeat the point of doing it as you've done it. I don't think you would do that, which is why I think you're among the scum. I'd find it awkwardly townie if you had.

The best case you could've made was the Boog gifs = Sacramento King, which means I'm a king trying to relate to the guards.

Which isn't true at all, since I always post gifs when I'm playing, but I just made that connection now and I would probably vote myself if I wasn't a rebel on that premise alone.

But I don't think I'm actually that active - it's a slow paced game, and it's my only game, so I'm going to be active in it.

I will say I don't like how CPig has gotten quiet since D1 - I didn't think it was him around that time but I'm noticing trends with some posters that seem to be taking a backseat a little now. I still don't like Kleedrac but his views have been all over the loving place and if he's a guard I'm going to be really annoyed since it's obvious but not obvious at the same time.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

Holy gently caress

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

If GG himself nor other people didn't acknowledge that's how GG plays (which is what bothers me more than anything) I'd vote him for it, but there's no reason to vote for somebody because of playstyle.

The fact that him AND Kleedrac both vote the one person that is pressing both of them is something that scum do (which is better than voting on playstyle) - but Kleedrac pings me more than GG does.

REBELS please take note of these votes on me if I do go down because this is some suspect poo poo. I mean, I inherently play scummy even when I'm town because I am super defensive but this game I've actually held my emotions in check and I think for a town game I'm playing one of the towniest games in recent memory from my own perspective.

And I still have 3 lovely votes on me all which have different pretenses and reasons.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

he's right

don't be a fucker gulag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

I'm being set up

• Locked thread