Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Bioshock: Infinite is the Citizen Kane of video games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Wayne posted:

I came into the game knowing that and being pretty much 100% prepared to not like it (c'mon, I'm a conservative Christian patriot, it's like he was calling me out personally :v: ), and surprisingly I came away admiring the political parts of Infinite more than anything else in the game. America really did have really ugly moments in its past, and a lot of people forget/don't know about that. There's a big tendency on my side to "whitewash" (as it were) history, to be a little too "Yeah, but" when it comes to the Confederacy and things like the heinous mistreatment of Chinese railroad workers and all that should never be forgotten. I mean, I know a ton about American history; and even I had no idea how bad the slave trade situation was (in terms of numbers taken and those who died en route anyway).

I'm glad racism in America is over now.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Sherman tried to genocide southerners.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

NejD posted:

i think its important to bring up a few things for one the cross wasnt used a symbol for Christianity for about 200 years after its formation and its use wasnt particularly wide spread for about another 200 before that the Ichthys was used primarily it wasnt something that early christians were comfortable using it and in fact they wouldnt write the word and used a different symbol the Staurogram. Also at least for the symbols already mentioned that have changed their meanings the new meanings have been vastly different from their originals where as with the confederate flag it hasnt really been removed from the original use of the flag.

I'll be that guy and leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJSZcxXe7IQ

Just thinking of John.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I'll still look at him like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Antistar01 posted:

Everything about tipping seems weird if you're Australian.

I've got to admit, I'm having a hard time working out what's going on here (beyond "Dali doing something in Paris"). Maybe that's the point.

He's taking his pet giant anteater for a walk.

• Locked thread