Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This game's delivers story with the subtlety of a pneumatic jackhammer to the face.
There's no tact or elegance to it.

That being said it's a fun game.

Also more proof that no one can write a good story that revolves around time and space/dimension hopping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah infinte is a game dripping to its core with America. Even though it only lightly dips into actual biting critique other than 'thing bad' it does display the hypocrises inherent to what made, and still makes, America what it is.

And at the end of it all that actually is the most interesting part of the story and setting, rather than what it turns into as background for the personal struggles of Booker and Elizabeth

Were it better written youd see those elements reflected in their characters and interactions, but as it does you really dont.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 26, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bootcha posted:

As to why the Vox didn't just leave Columbia, I thought why not as well. But looking down at the sky below, the Vox were trapped on Columbia. No way in hell would Columbia make scrubs and undesirables parachutes in which to leave, and no airship captain would allow so many on his blimp. It was really a response of "You want to leave, there's your exit." So suicide wasn't something the Vox were keen on.

Also the vox populi, or rather the group of people who feed it's ranks, are entirely the backbone of life on Columbia. Their work is what allows the upper class oppressors to live in such excess. They wouldn't be allowed to leave because for all the hate the Columbians hold for the lower classes they cannot live without them.

You know just like in real life. It's still babby's first criticism of socioeconomic class, yet it manages to fly over so many people's heads.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 30, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bobbin are you going to talk about relevant subjects during the gameplay section?
I'm wondering if I can just watch the corners and be still uptodate on the whole thing.

Because Frankly Inifnite's gameplay isnt doing it for me but I absolutely love the corners.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its the same in Bioshock 1 and 2, so its more a series standby than a novel touch. It might even have been in System shock, though ive never played those, only know bits and pieces, so Im not sure.

Stims would take your psy/bioenergy / EVE / Salts and give health.
Downers vice versa.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Why are you restricting legitimate discussion of ants in your thread Bobbin :colbert:

(I kid)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY
The Lit Corner I have been waiting for most greatly.

• Locked thread