Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
This poll is closed.
John Cena 42 15.73%
BELIEVE IT OR NOT 2 0.75%
I'M WALKING ON AIR 4 1.50%
I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD FEEL SO FREE EE EE 5 1.87%
FLYIN AWAY ON A WING AND A PRAYER 7 2.62%
WHO COULD IT BE 16 5.99%
BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT'S JUST ME 29 10.86%
BBQ Pitmasters, the tna killer. 162 60.67%
Total: 267 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

El Generico posted:

So is it watchable this week or am I going to wait to listen to the B&V show's report?

It was kinda dull. Not offensively bad, although the Entourage poo poo got close, but most of the show was just kinda there. Catch the Cena challenge and the overrun and don't worry too much about the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hace posted:

Agreed, the us champ should be losing much like the ic champ, good job with those BURIALS john ugh smdh

Imagine, if you will, a US champ who is a somewhat new, young star making a name for themselves by defending their title against all comers. This is a very silly idea, I know.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

I know that Dean showing up like that is supposed to create the same 'whoah check out this crazy badass dude' aura as Stone Cold doing something similar, but it just comes off as predictable pandering tryhard crap.

I'm glad John is getting one last run at burying the entire midcard, though. These guys may not have made it up to main event level before his retirement, so this way they can get their loss(es) to Cena in and avoid having compelling feuds with one another all in one shot.

Enjoy this while you can. Flair already gave him and WWE the public greenlight to break his world title record, so enjoy midcard non-world champ Cena for however long it lasts, because it will end so the dream can be achieved :swoon:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Dean thing was boring and predictable unless you're 12 or new to wrestling

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
If you didn't enjoy that last segment I would advise you to stop watching wrestling, it's clearly not for you.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Carver Crisis posted:

If you didn't enjoy that last segment I would advise you to stop watching wrestling, it's clearly not for you.
We don't enjoy wrestling, we think about it. We think about it a lot.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

GrimGypsy posted:

Imagine, if you will, a US champ who is a somewhat new, young star making a name for themselves by defending their title against all comers. This is a very silly idea, I know.

Well the belt has been pretty worthless, what if, say, a main eventer (the face of the company!!!!!) were to step down from the actual main event to try and build the belt back up!!! wtf????

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I faded out part way through and only caught parts of the Owens thing and saw all the tag teams beat each other up and also kinda Ambrose vs The Soulless Army but I feel like I did not miss anything

I heard Jamie Noble talk though and that was enough, rest was just gravy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I know this didn't catch on with Ricky Ortiz because :lol: but I seriously think Cesaro rally towels would sell like crazy.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Carver Crisis posted:

Ok

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Carver Crisis posted:

How could I not enjoy it? Roman Reigns smiling is Ratings

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I forgot that tonight was the night.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

GrimGypsy posted:

I know that Dean showing up like that is supposed to create the same 'whoah check out this crazy badass dude' aura as Stone Cold doing something similar, but it just comes off as predictable pandering tryhard crap.

I'm glad John is getting one last run at burying the entire midcard, though. These guys may not have made it up to main event level before his retirement, so this way they can get their loss(es) to Cena in and avoid having compelling feuds with one another all in one shot.

Yes I too am looking forward to Dolph getting another meaningless IC belt run where he'll lose every match.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

GrimGypsy posted:

Stone cold doing it was predictable pandering tryhard. Not crap though. Still pretty cool. You were just younger then.

Like every time Vince said "Austin won't be here tonight because of ___________" you knew he was showing up in the last segment.

Also John Cena Midcard Final Boss owns. he's putting on fun matches with dudes who otherwise would be sitting backstage doing nothing. And doesn't have to actually cut promo's against them to bury their characters on the mic.

This is the most I've been interested in Cena matches in a loooooooong time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stop comparing Austin, who had more charisma in his pinky than most, to today's wrestlers please

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Is the Ryder match any good? I want to know if it is worth watching RAW just to see one of my faves get some time on the TV. Like, does it last longer than 30 seconds.

I really like seeing any of Ryder just because I like backing the unlikely at all times. Shame he isn't a better worker in the ring. However, what I will say is that of the little I have seen on him on TV, he seems to have improved. To even try a 450 when you ain't exactly known for a high flying style is kinda ballsy.

I hope that some day Ryder gets given something to work with.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Another Person posted:

Is the Ryder match any good? I want to know if it is worth watching RAW just to see one of my faves get some time on the TV. Like, does it last longer than 30 seconds.

I really like seeing any of Ryder just because I like backing the unlikely at all times. Shame he isn't a better worker in the ring. However, what I will say is that of the little I have seen on him on TV, he seems to have improved. To even try a 450 when you ain't exactly known for a high flying style is kinda ballsy.

I hope that some day Ryder gets given something to work with.

the ryder match may have gone 5 minutes

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

oatgan posted:

His most screentime in a year by far.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
f

oatgan posted:

loving in then

did he seem to have improved in the ring since the last time he got a match over 1 min?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

RBX posted:

Stop comparing Austin, who had more charisma in his pinky than most, to today's wrestlers please

I think it's allowed after a show when they blatantly book a a guy in exact replicas of SCSA angles.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Another Person posted:

f

loving in then

did he seem to have improved in the ring since the last time he got a match over 1 min?

they didn't really mess anything up i guess but mostly it was just zack running through all his spots and then john cena hit an AA and won. He was incredibly over with the crowd all segment though

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 26, 2015

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RBX posted:

He's just a dude.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another Person posted:

f

loving in then

He got more offense and 2 counts in than you'd expect of him and he almost connected a 450 splash

There was a lot of poo poo on that Raw, but that's the one match I would recommend that isn't the opener, plus it has Kevin Owens powerbombing Cena afterward

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the Ambrose thing was fun. I think it was also fun when Austin did it, and when Angle did it. Wrestling can be fun y'know, even when it's stupid or they do poo poo you liked when you were a kid. Isn't feeling like a kid again part of the loving point of dealing with this often stupid stuff?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EC preshow is Miz TV with Daniel Bryan. I hope he can handle pulling himself up onto that tall chair alright :ohdear:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think the Ambrose thing was fun. I think it was also fun when Austin did it, and when Angle did it. Wrestling can be fun y'know, even when it's stupid or they do poo poo you liked when you were a kid. Isn't feeling like a kid again part of the loving point of dealing with this often stupid stuff?

you're getting too invested w/ other people's opinions. the point of what you like + enjoy is that *you* like and enjoy it, don't let others get you down!!!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

SamuraiFoochs posted:

90 percent of the time, I mostly just put up with the angles to know who is wrestling who. I'm there for the matches.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

you're getting too invested w/ other people's opinions. the point of what you like + enjoy is that *you* like and enjoy it, don't let others get you down!!!

I guess I just don't get the not having fun part. I just can't fathom it, it is not how my wrestlebrain works.

I more gave GrimGypsy poo poo for the Cena stuff which was dumb more than the Ambrose bit FWIW.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
New Day beat the curse of Lil B.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I too enjoyed Dean Ambrose's Stone Cold impression tonight.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I'm watching it now, and did they mute the crowd or was the crowd just kind of quiet?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I guess I just don't get the not having fun part. I just can't fathom it, it is not how my wrestlebrain works.

I more gave GrimGypsy poo poo for the Cena stuff which was dumb more than the Ambrose bit FWIW.

Sometimes something happens organically and unexpectedly and it is fun. Sometimes that same thing is then repeated every 6 months in a furious attempt to make a consistently mediocre, predictable offering seem organic and unexpected. Some people find that second thing 'fun' as well, and that's great.

Cena suddenly being the hip thing to like because he's doing to the midcard what he spent a decade doing to the main event is pretty dumb, I agree.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I agree with you on all counts. :)

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
I cant believe it took the WWE so long to realise that if they stick the US Title on Cena they wont have to wait as long for new talent to be ready to enter a feud that all logic says they should win but they wont because Cena has to always go over. So all we need to say the Wrestlers who were hoping nothing more than to have a midcard title soon is:

Your time is up, my time is now.
You can't see me my time is now.
It's the franchise, boy I'm shining now.

In case you forgot or fell off,
I'm still hot knock your shell off.
My money's stacked fat plus I can't turn this well off.
My franchise doing big business.
I live this, its automatic, I win this, oh you hear those horns, you finished.
A soldier, and I stay under you fighting,
Cause I'm storming on you chumps, like I'm thunder and lightning.
Aint no way you breaking me kid, I'm harder then nails.
Plus I keep it on lock, like I'm part of the jails.
Slaughtering stale competition,
I got my the whole block wishing
that they could run with my division,
but they gone fishing.
With no bait.
Kid your boy hold weight.
I got my soul straight.
I brush your mouth like Colgate.
In any weather, I'm never better.
Your boy's so hot you'll never catch me in the next mans sweater.
If they hate, let them hate.
I drop your whole clan,
Lay your rear end down for the three second tan.

It's gonna be what its gonna be.
Five pounds of courage buddy, bass tint pants with a gold T.
It's a war dance, a victory step.
A raw stance, it's what you get when you insist it's my rep.
John Cena, Trademarc, y'all are so so,
We talk about the bread you make but don't know the recipe for dough though.
Aiming guns at all your photo's, that's a no no.
When this pop, your lip lock, your big talk's a blatant no-show.
See what happens when the ice age melts?
You see, minatory status is not what matters, but it helps.
I rock your timepiece by Benny if any.
The same reason y'all can love me, is the same reason y'all condemn me.
A man's measured by the way that he thinks.
Not clothing lines, ice links, leather, or minks.
I spent twenty plus years seeking knowledge of self.
So for now Marc records living life for wealth!

You can't see me, my time is now.

Hustle, loyalty, respect bitches.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrimGypsy posted:

Sometimes something happens organically and unexpectedly and it is fun. Sometimes that same thing is then repeated every 6 months in a furious attempt to make a consistently mediocre, predictable offering seem organic and unexpected. Some people find that second thing 'fun' as well, and that's great.

Cena suddenly being the hip thing to like because he's doing to the midcard what he spent a decade doing to the main event is pretty dumb, I agree.

Actually I was calling you dumb because Cena is putting on great midcard matches with guys who otherwise wouldn't be doing poo poo, and making the US Title seem something approaching relevant again but you had to carry the banner for Zack Ryder because drat it, he and Stardust are being held down by the man. :argh:

Protip: literally the only guys worth a gently caress who've answered the challenge that the company cares about (Sami, Neville, Ambrose [who was the first]) all had really good, competitive matches with Cena. As a matter of fact IIRC Neville literally had the title won with Red Arrow and got DQ'd. Also for the last 2 weeks the Challenge has been used to put over NXT Champion Kevin Owens and therefore arguably NXT as a whole. But yep, he's totally burying the midcard.

Unrelated, Dean Ambrose is a boss, file this under "backstage promos that get put on YouTube/WWE.com/the app that should make TV" (read: basically all of them):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FGRmSj-L5w

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I am actually super hype for whoever they decide Cena drops the title to. They are gonna have so much momentum from taking it from him. Probs one of the better title builds I can think of in recent history, a drat well deserved elevation for a belt. Shame it wasn't for the prettier looking IC title.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've gone from ignoring Cena segments to eagerly awaiting them. Having him have good midcard matches every week has been a lot of fun.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ambrose is quite adept at escaping police custody, then stealing police property while posing as a cop.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jesus christ at least link a recap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Fun thing for everyone who always says WWE needs to push younger talent, Zack Ryder was one of the very few wrestlers on the roster below 30, having just hit 30 a couple weeks back. Roman Reigns joined him during Raw tonight. The others are Big E and Xavier, Dean and Seth, Stardust, Bo and Bray, The Usos, and The New Zack Ryder: Rusev.

StoneOfShame posted:

Hustle, loyalty, respect bitches.

• Locked thread