Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

pennsylvania sucks snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i had to look it up but apparently pittsburgh was named at William Pitt, a englishman who did something of note i guess.

and it WAS intended to be pronounced Pitts-burrah, like Edinburgh Scotland, but Americans being American just call it whatever we drat well please.

gif (hard g)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

pennsylvania sucks snipe

I wouldn't be able to point out pennsylvania out on a map lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

big scary monsters posted:

does pittsburgh have a castle/palace>

sort of. it's got this monstrosity:

:barf:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pittsburj-al-arab

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Elder Postsman posted:

i think that thing looks pretty sweet

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
gargoyles reboot lookin :mediocre:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BONGHITZ posted:

i think that thing looks pretty sweet

it has a roving security team to make sure you dont take pictures of it, its that cool

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Public Transportation in Pittsburgh

Public transpo in the P-town is handled by the Port Authority of Pittsburgh. All of the various kinds of transit, and there are many, are called "The P"

you can take the "P" from all over town, transferring from the bus to the subway to the light rail and even take a bus all the way to the Pittsburgh International Airport and the Pittsburgh International Train Depot, where you can fly to your far off destinations.

the P covers all of Pittsburghs 58 square miles with 24 hour safe and secure access for all riders.

Food in Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is well known for it's peculiar food and oddball methods of preparation!

Most famous for it's "Pittsburgh Rare" steak, the steak is cooked all the way through at extremely high heat, ensuring a very well done steak. the pricier the cut, the better the char as they say!
Next up we have the chicken wing, here they mix Frank's Red Hot (an English vinegar sauce) and margarine and mix fried wings in it and then eat it. that's one way of doing it i guess, but i am not here to judge.
Pittsburgh Cheese Steaks - borrowing from their big brother Philadelphia, the Pittsbourgeosie method of preparation includes slices of pittsburgh rare meat, raw yellow onions and a healthy dollop of Cheez-Wiz.
French Fries - the fries in pittsburgh tend to be really good for some reason and The Original Hot Dog House ("the o") has the best ever. reall you should try it.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Public Transportation in Pittsburgh

Public transpo in the P-town is handled by the Port Authority of Pittsburgh. All of the various kinds of transit, and there are many, are called "The P"

you can take the "P" from all over town, transferring from the bus to the subway to the light rail and even take a bus all the way to the Pittsburgh International Airport and the Pittsburgh International Train Depot, where you can fly to your far off destinations.

the P covers all of Pittsburghs 58 square miles with 24 hour safe and secure access for all riders.

Food in Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is well known for it's peculiar food and oddball methods of preparation!

Most famous for it's "Pittsburgh Rare" steak, the steak is cooked all the way through at extremely high heat, ensuring a very well done steak. the pricier the cut, the better the char as they say!
Next up we have the chicken wing, here they mix Frank's Red Hot (an English vinegar sauce) and margarine and mix fried wings in it and then eat it. that's one way of doing it i guess, but i am not here to judge.
Pittsburgh Cheese Steaks - borrowing from their big brother Philadelphia, the Pittsbourgeosie method of preparation includes slices of pittsburgh rare meat, raw yellow onions and a healthy dollop of Cheez-Wiz.
French Fries - the fries in pittsburgh tend to be really good for some reason and The Original Hot Dog House ("the o") has the best ever. reall you should try it.

:agreed:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

graph posted:

it has a roving security team to make sure you dont take pictures of it, its that cool

cool as hell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPG_Place

Construction of the building highlighted Pittsburgh's "Renaissance II period", which saw the Pittsburgh economy falter as a result of steel mill closures, while Pittsburgh Plate Glass remained a Fortune 500 company.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
that is a really cool building

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

a reminder from my recent pittsburgh/t experience

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
they have that on every public transportation vehicle in the US

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

but only in pittsburgh could they be so orange

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beast of Bourbon posted:

they have that on every public transportation vehicle in the US

no they don't

because it's loving self explanatory

assault of anyone is a felony lol

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Does anyone burg in Pittsburgh??

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Elder Postsman posted:

i'm the tiny patch of greenspace that was drawn and quartered for more cars to drive over for no reason

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BooLoo posted:

you are just deeply and fundamentally wrong about that one buddy.

some Australians then

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I would love to live in Baltimore or Pittsburg or whatever uniformed drone city you city slickers live in [i.e. they are all the same]

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

wiz khalifa used to be a cool fun rapper but now is poo poo for idiots

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

mirrors the history of pittsburgh quite well tbh

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pittsburgha pronounced like Edinburgh

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

posting from "The 'Burg" irl itt, and my life is Hell.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mishaq posted:

no they don't

because it's loving self explanatory

assault of anyone is a felony lol

we have these in canada too actually though we don't mention the felony part in all cases

doctor's offices too

Mr. Apollo posted:

i would think Hamilton would be a more accurate comparison.

they are both underrated cities, :agreed:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I would love to live in Baltimore

lmao

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

we have these in canada too actually though we don't mention the felony part in all cases

doctor's offices too

they are both underrated cities, :agreed:

actually hamilton kind of sucks

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

OldAlias posted:

:monocle:

compared to what? i lived in toronto for five years and i'm liking it here better :colbert:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Cincinnati is a nice hilly city, and their chili is really quite good

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the Garbage Plate was named after pittsburgh, and is our finest cultural export

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

OldAlias posted:

Prarie supremacy

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

As a Millennial I posted:

the Garbage Plate was named after pittsburgh, and is our finest cultural export

p sure that's rochester, where i am from and is also accurate as to the reputation of the city

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Beast of Bourbon posted:

p sure that's rochester, where i am from and is also accurate as to the reputation of the city

well gently caress me for trying to play along with your gimmick thread. throw me under the freakin bus. jesus. gently caress me? gently caress YOU, op.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

god DAMMIT.

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

Skarp posted:

Prarie supremacy

lol

Cold on a Cob posted:

compared to what? i lived in toronto for five years and i'm liking it here better :colbert:

lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Cold on a Cob posted:

toronto seems nice i went there and it was nice and the people were friendly but they have an underground city like they are morlocks or something because it is so cold and i probably couldn't deal with that in the long term

it's a very pretty city tho, for the eloi who live above ground in the summer

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

to a friend, traveling to pittsburgh: "may it suit you, as it has sooted me"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
there's a lot of garbage towns, friend

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Beast of Bourbon posted:

there's a lot of garbage towns, friend

who run garbage town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

where do you live again? because if it's not montreal you can just go away :colbert:

• Locked thread