Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

100% scum comment - Fine. It's an easy, useless thing to say but that doesn't mean much.

Disagree. He arbitrarily pidgeonholes his vote between 3 players, and then randomly clears 2 of them. Why would town fake this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Well no, I don't feel anything one way or the other. I'm not going to make up a read to satisfy you

This is about how I feel. We should just lynch Murmur Twin for being the third vote on a bandwagon.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

This is about how I feel. We should just lynch Murmur Twin for being the third vote on a bandwagon.

I think we should start to do this and then switch to the third vote on Murmer Twin. Bonus if she self third votes

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Opopanax posted:

Well no, I don't feel anything one way or the other. I'm not going to make up a read to satisfy you

Well I'm pretty sure you're scum, and if I'm right, then Sam is scum with you. ##vote Opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JakeP posted:

Disagree. He arbitrarily pidgeonholes his vote between 3 players, and then randomly clears 2 of them. Why would town fake this?

I see it more as him saying "Hey there's scum here", looking into it, and decided 2/3 are town. I figure the "100% sure" thing was hyperbole since he's probably not a day ecco cop

EXAKT Science posted:

Well I'm pretty sure you're scum, and if I'm right, then Sam is scum with you. ##vote Opop

Ok cool, why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Zero flavor?

##vote uranus

You think he is lying about his PM? And that makes him scum? Explain your thoughts here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You think he is lying about his PM? And that makes him scum? Explain your thoughts here.

I think it is highly unlikely his PM came with no flavor at all.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote exakt

you seem awfullly sure of yourfsel

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think it is highly unlikely his PM came with no flavor at all.

i think this guy is not reading the thread

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I've made my thoughts on imgay pretty clear (it's more than just "he didn't know his kids") and still think he's the best vote. Thoughts on other people:

uranus posted:

yeah, what purpose would i have to lie about my flavor in this fashion? i am not being sarcastic i want to hear your thought process

The most likely reason I can think of is that you were trying to trick scum into saying "I'm also not a gnome!". If this is the case I am very curious to know if there was/wasn't a lot of flavor in your role?

Samfucius posted:

I am definitely a gnome. I also got very little flavor in my pm, certainly nothing as specific as anything to do with a family, so flavor arguments are mad dumb here.

I'm going to look more into this post pending the answer to derp's question.

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Is this irony?

EXAKT Science posted:

Well, I was mostly asking you for an alignment call (you still haven't made one, btw), but, now that you mention it, his "100% scum" comment about the JakeP turbo, his call that you felt like the least scummy of the three votes on JakeP, and his vote/unvote on WWM.

EXAKT - I feel like you are trying to hide in plain sight by asking other people a lot of questions without going too in-depth regarding your thought process so I'm going to do it back to you :) You've said Opop / Sam are a potential scumpair...why? Any other strong opinions?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

EXAKT Science posted:

Sam I would like you to please show up again and answer my questions/respond to Jake's case.

I still think a bandwagon that early D1 is bad. BK said he would replace, so why attempt turbo unless you want a really short D1, which isn't good. Maybe my sense of humor is just out of whack but it seemed like a good cover for a scum vote to suss the waters. I was accused (phone posting, can't check by who) of "arbitrarily" clearing two people, but of the three two voted Jake with their very first post. Arbitrary is a strong word but I definitely had to do some guessing, as there wasn't a lot to go on.

Yeah I was being a bit bombastic with the 100% thing, but I still find it really really likely.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

He's scum because he doesn't have a strong feeling about me? He answered your question and you are needling him for not answering in the right way. It is D1, I don't have strong opinions on 2/3 of the thread. Do you?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

EXAKT - I feel like you are trying to hide in plain sight by asking other people a lot of questions without going too in-depth regarding your thought process so I'm going to do it back to you :) You've said Opop / Sam are a potential scumpair...why? Any other strong opinions?

I am pretty sure EXAKT always plays like this, asking a million questions and all. I agree that some opinions would be great though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

- Do you have a PR? Your posting is weird (references to drinking, 2x spelling errors in 5 posts)
- If you were on a PR, would you acknowledge it?

Kumbamontu posted:

##vote exakt science jumping on low hanging fruit

Kumbamontu posted:

##vote exakt

I feel like there's a nonzero chance that Kumba is scum hiding behind "being drunk" so that there's less pressure on him to post actual cases. It's really suspicious to me that he votes EXAKT for two completely separate reasons.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

JakeP posted:

I don't understand this. First of all, of course there were three choices, it isn't arbitrary, they were the three people who voted for you. I already talked about the random thing two or so posts ago. But I am really confused by the last sentence, what exactly would town be faking here?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MT, is your case for Kumbamontu seriously that he has spelling errors?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Book 'em

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

MT, is your case for Kumbamontu seriously that he has spelling errors?

My case is that he uses multiple reasons to case the same person, which suggests that he's not being genuine.

The PR stuff is just something I am curious about, in Mafia I'll always err on the side of just asking something if I don't know the answer.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

JakeP posted:

I think we should start to do this and then switch to the third vote on Murmer Twin. Bonus if she self third votes

Totally down.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah sure, I love answering questions! I don't like the way Opop feels like he's going out of his way to avoid making a call of any kind at all on Sam, which is odd considering how Sam is one of the posters with the most content. I'd like y'all to note that Opop wouldn't even make a gut call on Sam. Building on that, I didn't like the way that Sam chose Opop as being the person voting Jake who was least likely scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Samfucius posted:

I still think a bandwagon that early D1 is bad. BK said he would replace, so why attempt turbo unless you want a really short D1, which isn't good. Maybe my sense of humor is just out of whack but it seemed like a good cover for a scum vote to suss the waters. I was accused (phone posting, can't check by who) of "arbitrarily" clearing two people, but of the three two voted Jake with their very first post. Arbitrary is a strong word but I definitely had to do some guessing, as there wasn't a lot to go on.

Yeah I was being a bit bombastic with the 100% thing, but I still find it really really likely.

Now it just feels like you're using humor as a cover to excuse the weird way you analyzed the votes on Jake and cleared Opop, as well as the "100%" comment. It feels like an excuse now that you've been called out on it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Samfucius posted:

He's scum because he doesn't have a strong feeling about me? He answered your question and you are needling him for not answering in the right way. It is D1, I don't have strong opinions on 2/3 of the thread. Do you?

No, he's scum because when asked for a read, it took way to much for him just to say he had no read. I also don't believe that he wouldn't have at least a gut read on you by now if he were town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kumbamontu posted:

##vote exakt

Yeah not 100%, but better than a coinflip by quite a bit. Do you see Opop scumhunting? I don't.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

What makes you like this plan?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i would kill kumba. fake opinions. also when in the history of mafia has being sure of yourself been a scumtell

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

i think this guy is not reading the thread

Sure I am. Imgay and MMT might be married, or imgay is a lizard man, or MMT loves lizardmen and is a traitor, at least from their flavor argument stance it makes sense in the context of the game.

You are a gallagher you say? and you don't have other flavor outside of that? you got a youtube video of a guy smashing things? Gnomes are small, I don't want to get gallaghered. Even if there's some truth in what you're claiming, it seems anti-gnome.

##vote uranus
again

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

uranus posted:

i would kill kumba. fake opinions. also when in the history of mafia has being sure of yourself been a scumtell

I can sort of see where he's coming from. Being overly certain of alignments can be scummy, but being sure of reads and voting based on them is absolutely not a scumtell.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

uranus posted:

when there isn't an explanation of why you are sure

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Sure I am. Imgay and MMT might be married, or imgay is a lizard man, or MMT loves lizardmen and is a traitor, at least from their flavor argument stance it makes sense in the context of the game.

You are a gallagher you say? and you don't have other flavor outside of that? you got a youtube video of a guy smashing things? Gnomes are small, I don't want to get gallaghered. Even if there's some truth in what you're claiming, it seems anti-gnome.

##vote uranus
again

Hey do you have anything other than arguments based on flavor?

What do you think of, well, really any of the content so far?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
mods cahnge my name to lizardmen lover

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah sure, I love answering questions! I don't like the way Opop feels like he's going out of his way to avoid making a call of any kind at all on Sam, which is odd considering how Sam is one of the posters with the most content. I'd like y'all to note that Opop wouldn't even make a gut call on Sam. Building on that, I didn't like the way that Sam chose Opop as being the person voting Jake who was least likely scum.

I feel like pretending I have a read so you stop badgering me is a heck of a lot more scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey do you have anything other than arguments based on flavor?

What do you think of, well, really any of the content so far?

Do you have posts you can make ITT that aren't questions.

I don't care to dignify your second statement with an answer other than this one that explains my intent to not give you an answer.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Opopanax posted:

I feel like pretending I have a read so you stop badgering me is a heck of a lot more scummy.

I don't believe that you didn't even have a gutread on one of the posters with the most content.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lol, gg are you mad?

even though your name starts with g i think you might be bad

or at least bad at mafia

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Do you have posts you can make ITT that aren't questions.

I don't care to dignify your second statement with an answer other than this one that explains my intent to not give you an answer.

Excuse me? You're seriously flatly refusing to comment on anything that isn't a flavor argument, and I don't know whether that's because you're not actually reading and analyzing, or because you're scum and trying to dodge because you don't feel comfortable faking uninformed commentary.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't believe that you didn't even have a gutread on one of the posters with the most content.

Why would I lie? And stop saying he has the most content, you're not convincing anyone

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Opopanax posted:

Why would I lie? And stop saying he has the most content, you're not convincing anyone

At the time that I asked you to give a read on him, he was one of the posters withthe most posts and most votes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That doesn't mean much

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Opopanax posted:

That doesn't mean much

Not much is more than nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
so i'm gunna smash someone with my mallet soon. you guys are pissing me off. who should i ##smash?

• Locked thread