Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I will under gnome uncertain terms shitpost it up in this here game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

i want to post

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am going to be bashful

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
gnome i wont

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
MT is your new avatar a cartoon version of yourself

the resemblance is uncanny

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I like the art style, reminds me of Rugrats

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
*buuuuuuuuuuuuuurp*

good evening,

*sips beer*

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
can you guess which awful movei it'qs from

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
oh, ok

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
poor jakep has been probated

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm a drunk gnome, pi can't rread or do math

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am a gnome, sorrty for your bqad luck

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

derp scumclaimin' itt

##vote derp

##vote exakt science jumping on low hanging fruit

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

uranus posted:

i''m gallagher???? why???

found a pic of u

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

hi gay, there's actual content on this page it's pretty cool.

somber is scum

Murmur Twin posted:

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I don't think that reactions to the first vote on Jake can provide a tell either way. Is there anything specific that makes me seem more town than Opop/WWM?

My case on him isn't so much "I think he's scum" as "sometimes turbo'ing players is good". If he's scum (roughly 20-30%?) that's awesome - we take one out and get to gauge how people reacted to their scumbro being voted. Even if he's not, at least we have night actions and flip information to drive more educated votes down the road.

This pings me as suspicious - the phrase "100% sure" speaks to knowing who the scumteam is.

Ok, ok, gno more puns, I swear.

MT is scum

EXAKT Science posted:

derp scumclaimin' itt

##vote derp

exakt is scum

game solved, thank you for playing everyone. i will now retreat to my gnomish hovel and spend the rest of my days reading books and getting drunk

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm a really old gnome

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##suggest Gnoman's Land

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

Well I'm pretty sure you're scum, and if I'm right, then Sam is scum with you. ##vote Opop

##vote exakt

you seem awfullly sure of yourfsel

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hello

I will be around today I just don't post much on the weekends, I have a bit of catching up to do

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really sorry I was completely useless yesterday, I will make up for it I promise

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I don't understand the case on MCS, as I find myself agreeing with him on most everything. WWM's vote on MCS is really bad but ~masons~. I'll treat 100/WWM as tentatively town because of the claim but it's pretty iffy and that breadcrumb is weak so I'm keeping an open mind

Exakt is still scum, Somber is still scum, MT/JakeP/uranus are all town I think

white man burping is probably town as I don't see a newbie scum doing that silly "I'm not lurking, here's a list of post counts below mine and an empty vote then more lurking" thing he did

don't have much of an opinion on anyone else so far, trying to read & re-read while working today

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

isnt white man burping 100

is he? i was trying to figure out who he replaced at one point then i got sidetracked and i forgot

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah Kumba are you saying that because you agree with MCS that he can't be scum? That doesn't make sense.

there's a difference between saying "right, therefore town" and "seems to be thinking almost identically to me, a townperson" and MCS falls in the latter category. it may be biased but whatever

uranus posted:

this is a pretty bad post

any post i'm going to make at this point is going to look bad because i'm playing catch-up

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

You think this interaction was two scum bussing each other?

This is a silly question, but yes it is entirely possible that is bussing. I have bussed people in far more aggressive ways than that

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not denying that it's a possibility, but to me Occam's Razor suggests EXAKT was reacting emotionally to MCS's aggression, not strategically to throw town off the scent.

Occam's razor doesn't always work in an internet party game designed to have people lying to each other. I've seen faked blow-ups way more intense than Exakt's reaction. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk but :shrug:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Opop was also super dismissive of the White burping man case early, and Samfucious as well I believe, while not really offering up scum prospects

he was also first to jump on that uranus bandwagon due to flavor arguments iirc

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
poor wording

by jumped on I mean "was the second vote on uranus but was the first to vote him because of flavor arguments" since Exakt was already jokevoting him

potato, potahto

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

scummmmmm posttttttttttt

excellent analysis, thank u

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the concept that "the simplest explanation is that which is most likely to be true" does not hold in a game about lying and deception, so agree to disagree I guess

your summation of my post is horseshit designed to make it look worse than it was

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is a pretty terrible post all around and the logic as to why Kumba can't understand the case on meds is flimsy. His defense of:

Doesn't excuse him for not seeing the case players have made on Meds. It's very close minded.

I see the case I just don't agree with it, I thought that part was obvious. Yeah the guy is tunneling on a dude pretty hard, but so what? This is WIFOMy for sure, but I can't think of any motivation for incessantly tunneling on someone that hard as scum knowing full well someone is going to call me out on it. Generally a scum player, especially someone with as much experience as MCS, is going to be more cognizant of what they are doing and adjust their behavior accordingly. Tunneling is something that people throw around here a lot as a scum tell but I don't know that it actually has any bearing on someone's alignment.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

This bothered me as well. I can understand thinking either EXAKT or Somber are scum, but it felt like a stretch in my mind to read over their interaction and jump to "that's likely scum bussing each other". I hadn't been looking over Kumba as close but in retrospect he had never really explained why he thought the pair was scum in the first place.

Good case. ##vote Kumba

I suspected them independently and then you brought up that interaction and asked me about it. It's not like I went and found that interaction and went "AHA! They're scum together!!" when in fact the total opposite thing happened

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think Kumba is scum. There is a lot of padding in this post. Particularly damning for me is the comment about the WWM & 100 masonry. Kumba mentions it because it's something easy to talk about but tries to discredit it at the same time. Claiming confirmed town mason lovers is a big gambit for scum and it wouldn't take much for that sort of lie to be exposed. So Kumba thinks a potential lie involving two people is "iffy" but is content to consider the two players as town. If you're concerned that is a lie, why would you feel that way?

Well it's exactly what went on in my mind so I posted it. You can't tell me that the way those claims came out wasn't bizarre, and the breadcrumb is super lame. That may have been a thought better kept to myself since it looks wishy-washy but oh well.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The comments on Exakt and Somber "still" being scum is continuing on from his calling them scum on D1, which he did based on joke votes. His previous content on Somber:

Everything I find scummy in Exakt has already been said half a billion times so I don't feel like re-inventing the wheel. In a nutshell, Exakt is all over the place throwing poo poo at the wall waiting for something to stick. Also, this post.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So he has no explanation of why he thinks Exakt and Somber are still scum (or even why they were in the first place).

Somber is admittedly a gut read and I will put in some time and make an actual case on him today.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

And when pressed today his opinions come across as someone trying to keep all possibilities open for the future. For example when MT asks him if he thinks Exakt and Somber were bussing each other the response is

:words:

It's not a silly question because he's just called both those players scum, but he can't even give a definitive opinion that it is bussing.

As I said above, I didn't even consider that interaction initially as I had found both players to be scummy independently of one another. When MT asked about it, I responded candidly.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

More scummy stuff from Kumba

To me this isn't potato/potahto. This is scum fabricating content and then having to come up with some bullshit explanation when caught out on it.

##vote Kumba

Except that it's exactly what it was. Opop was the very first person to vote derp for bad flavor reasons, but was not the first vote on derp. It is as simple as that.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm putting myself in the mind of someone who thinks Somber and EXAKT are both scum together and having trouble believing this answer.

If my two biggest scumreads had an interaction in the vein of Somber/EXAKT earlier in the thread, I would almost certainly have something to say about it, especially when being asked specifically about it. I wouldn't answer my question with "of course it's a possibility", I would answer with why I thought it was the most likely scenario.

You have to remember that I am coming at this game from the perspective of not having been around D1 much at all, and my analysis mostly stemming from looking at people in a vacuum. This is entirely my fault for not having been as active as I would have liked to be, but it is what it is. When I saw the question, in my mind I went "Huh, that's interesting, I didn't notice that before. Well, I still think they're independently scummy and that one interaction is not enough proof to sway that", hence the hedgy looking post.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I went back to look at Somber to case him and I've changed my mind. There are certain posts that rub me the wrong way like this post and this one, but overall after a reread he's nowhere near the top of my list. it's topped by opop & exakt &, after a quick re-read, f_v is now on the list! short f_v case:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

And you're jumping on a bandwagon that isn't you.

##vote Sam

the irony of this post is that f_v is jumping on the sam bandwagon after not having commented on sam at all

then f_v writes a case on MCS. it's not very convincing and derp points this out. here's all of f_v's posts about MCS from d1 (apologies in advance for quotedump)

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Would also vote MCS. Look at this series of posts about Exact. His vote is serious, but when Somber asks him to explain why that makes Exact scum, it turns out to be just a "funny" vote, except then he keeps pushing Exact based on it. If it's a serious vote then why does he try to backpedal when Somber pushes him and if it's a joke vote why is he continuing to support it?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Just looks to me like someone jumping on an easy vote.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think he is scum.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So your case on Exact isn't a joke then?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So your case on Exact isn't a joke?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, cool. So please explain why you responded to Somber with this post when he asked you about your case on Exact.

after ALL OF THIS f_v leaves her vote on Sam. f_v has never voted MCS, despite being adamant that she is pushing the case on MCS wholeheartedly

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Explain how I wasn't pressing my case?

well you never voted your apparent top scumpick for starters!!! reeks of someone who doesn't actually believe what they are saying

preview edit: 10 new posts and now i have to drive. be back later

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Did you really just quote 7 posts from me to prove that I wasn't pushing the case on MCS?

I quoted those posts to prove that you couldn't even convince yourself to vote MCS

Murmur Twin posted:

And then, without stating a reason, he's changed his mind and switches to f_v who happened to be casing him. So what he's saying, if I understand it correctly - he thought Somber was scum because of the tone of two one-sentence posts, but after reading the game he doesn't think that anymore. At no point has he made an effort to properly case Somber.

And that to me is the biggest tell. The game has been around for a week and he isn't making a genuine attempt to look for scum. I can understand being busy last weekend but the game has been up for a week now and he isn't making genuine reads.

You are correct that my initial vote and follow-up on Somber were gut tone reads, yes. After re-reading I no longer agree with my initial read (though his most recent post here is scummy). Your next sentence doesn't logically follow, as it doesn't make sense that I would come back and case someone who I now believe isn't scum.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Ok that doesn't make kumba look super great

what exactly about MT's post makes me not look super great?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

The fact that you had scum reads on 2 players who spent pages and pages arguing, but then didn't realize that they were arguing, shows that you aren't reading the players you are calling scum

Like I said before, my approach at the time of that post was going through people and skimming them in a vacuum to find inconsistencies. It's very easy to miss "the big picture" when I'm not observing it in real time or re-reading the thread in its entirety, and am basically posting a stream of consciousness.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you site a post or posts that explain why you no longer agree with your initial read?

Sure. This one and this one and this one about Exakt are spot on and I think showcase a genuine attempt to find scummy inconsistencies. I like these posts more than I dislike his previous ones, hence my change of mind.

##vote Exakt

Opopanax posted:

I'm trying, but nobody is listening to me

can you link to one of your posts where you're trying because I think you will find that difficult

my father is coming in town tonight so it's highly unlikely i will be here at deadline but I'll be checking the thread for at least the next 3 hours while I'm still at work

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

there is a balm in loving gilead.

i dont know what that means

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

His good post showing town-read quotes on you that he conveniently hadn't noticed yet back when he had a scum-read on you?

I don't see how anyone can think EXAKT is fabricating reads while believing Kumba's.

literally every post i quoted came after I said he was scum, I don't have a time machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

literally every post i quoted came after I said he was scum, I don't have a time machine

i typed this in haste and i'm not sure it was clear so let me say it in a better way

MT asked me for posts that changed my mind about Somber.
I provided examples that swayed me. All of these examples are posts after I initially called him scum.
MT is now trying to cast doubt on the examples she just asked me for because I should have seen them before they happened.

• Locked thread