Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Right click stack, split all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Salisbury Snape posted:

I've always been pretty poo poo with Bolas. Preferred silly movement speed and run away. I always worked on the assumption some of the bigger stuff could murder stone (when wild) guess that makes life a little simpler.

Keep the on you at least in case of raptor or saber attack, and its pretty much the only way to tame a Pterasaur early on.

Thronde posted:

Got my viking bay house upgraded to stone, but I'm running into a major logistical nightmare, my meat isn't spoiling fast enough to make narcs for narc arrows

Kill as much stuff and just stick it in storage. It seems to decay faster when put in a box.

And I have so much rotten meat its not funny.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I remember a time pre- bolas. It was a bad time for taking pts

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Salisbury Snape posted:

I remember a time pre- bolas. It was a bad time for taking pts

That would have been brutal. I can't imagine taming an Pter without them. Birds though, they're easy because they attack you so you can just shoot them in the face.

That reminds me before we switch to Extinction, I want to tame a Quetz. Both because they're my favorite Avian Dino, also for the challange. I cannot fathom how long it takes ot birth a dragon, so a Quetz will have to be the final challenge. I saw I can take one down solo with my Grif, just need a bunch of time even with prime meat.

I did manage to tape a Tek Raptor (to replace the one I left starve to death :() and a Frog!

I didn't check if the Neebs crew named their frog that, but it seemed to perfect.

And holy poo poo you guys in the Curious Expidtion have been busy, that's a huge island fort you built just south of the Blue Obelisk.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

The biggest hassle with the quetzs is actually downing it. Before you can make a quetz platform trap, you have to follow that rear end in a top hat around, shoot, catch up with it once it's done panicking, shoot, rinse repeat and praying it doesn't land in the water or on top of a trex who eats it up instantly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nullscan posted:

The biggest hassle with the quetzs is actually downing it. Before you can make a quetz platform trap, you have to follow that rear end in a top hat around, shoot, catch up with it once it's done panicking, shoot, rinse repeat and praying it doesn't land in the water or on top of a trex who eats it up instantly.

I read I can follow along with a Grif and shoot it while riding it. Its possible but a pain in the rear end doing it alone.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

It's possible from a griff. Just remember to put the griff on follow. Otherwise it's going to try to land half the time when you get out of the saddle to take the shot. Shooting from the saddle isn't always an option.
The other option is use an agent and grapples. Whistle agent to attack your target while you hang underneath. Whistle passive when you are close enough to take a shot, rinse repeat.
It's slow and painful, but works.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Actually had so much fun playing last night with Thonde. It's been a while since I've enjoyed Ark.
Even if I killed him and couldn't save his Ptera from a vulture because I'm an asshat and didn't realise pvp and player damage was enabled :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Salisbury Snape posted:

It's possible from a griff. Just remember to put the griff on follow. Otherwise it's going to try to land half the time when you get out of the saddle to take the shot. Shooting from the saddle isn't always an option.
The other option is use an agent and grapples. Whistle agent to attack your target while you hang underneath. Whistle passive when you are close enough to take a shot, rinse repeat.
It's slow and painful, but works.

I think if you're on the griff you don't have to get out of the saddle to shoot your crossbow.

Salisbury Snape posted:

Actually had so much fun playing last night with Thonde. It's been a while since I've enjoyed Ark.
Even if I killed him and couldn't save his Ptera from a vulture because I'm an asshat and didn't realise pvp and player damage was enabled :smith:

were you on the server Toxic Fart Syndrome has?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

You don't have to get out of the saddle no, but being able to get out of the saddle gives you better angles sometimes. It's better to have the option, and all you need to do is make sure the griff is set to follow you.

Yes, we were on Yagrum's yacht club

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
No worries, I'd say I came out ahead

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Thronde posted:

No worries, I'd say I came out ahead

Pretty sure everyone in the Yacht Club has admin, if you want to join/ally and use all of the (mostly abandoned) stuff at Lowtax City!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hopefully I'll catch you guys on the server at some point. I have places all over the map that are perfect if you want to have your own adventures in another part of the map. Just not too deep in the desert. That place is scary.

Somehow the Swamp isn't nearly as scary. Probably because the gators there are lower level than the desert.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 14, 2018

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
I couldn’t find a PS4 thread and the XBONE thread is dead.

Is anyone playing this or running a server on PS4? Trying to find somewhere I can actually build without being near someone else’s RANDOM PILLAR on Official servers is close to impossible and if I try out a new spawn location only to find out it’s blocked by someone’s structure I’m gonna scream.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Pretty sure everyone in the Yacht Club has admin, if you want to join/ally and use all of the (mostly abandoned) stuff at Lowtax City!

I wouldn't mind joining. Will have to catch someone with admin online though since I'm EU. Otherwise I'll just keep trucking on

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm on probsbly the most, I'll send a Gen chat next time I'm on in case you're there. I'm in est though.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

If Thronde manages to catch you online and get invite and admin, he could add me next time we bump into each other.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Salisbury Snape posted:

If Thronde manages to catch you online and get invite and admin, he could add me next time we bump into each other.

Nice. Ark is my "watching tv" game right now, so I will be on after I have dinner, work on my swamp castle.

Then i can try to tame the Non Sarco Gator. Baronayx or something?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Baryonyx. Nasty poisonous poo poo bag.
I'm on the quetzal hunt next. Derped a 133 that decided to have a nap in a river :(
Tamed up all the farming dinos I need for the second, apart from an Angler for pearls. I hate the water.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Salisbury Snape posted:

Baryonyx. Nasty poisonous poo poo bag.
I'm on the quetzal hunt next. Derped a 133 that decided to have a nap in a river :(
Tamed up all the farming dinos I need for the second, apart from an Angler for pearls. I hate the water.

If you need pearls, I've found it easier to grab them from the underwater cave in the middle of Viking Bay or just throw down 4-5 beds and a crate near the big beaver lakes and run around naked robbing them. After you've respawned through your beds or wiped all the dams, use the last spawn to collect your corpses and pearls!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

twistedmentat posted:

Then i can try to tame the Non Sarco Gator. Baronayx or something?
Kapro is the other gator, the leaping lizard

Barry is the amphibious mount that's like a Carno except better

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Huh. Didn't know there was actually another crocodile.
I'm farming the cave for pearls already with scuba. Angler gets more pearls per node with high melee though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I went into that cave with my shark and I got so lost inside of it. Like I literally could not find my way out for an hour. I figured If I just kept going forward it would come out somewhere, but nope.

Though I did get all the pearls I ever need.

And It was the Baryonyx I was intrested in. I picked one up and stuck it in the taming pen in my swamp castle. Haven't trained it yet because I need some fishmeat.

Oh and somehow all our fish were killed, I have no idea how the shark got into the pen to kill our guys, but it did. I flew over to check it out, expecting the door to be open or the wall smashed, but nope.

And I saw your buildings guys, just south of the blue obelisk.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I went into that cave with my shark and I got so lost inside of it. Like I literally could not find my way out for an hour. I figured If I just kept going forward it would come out somewhere, but nope.

And It was the Baryonyx I was intrested in. I picked one up and stuck it in the taming pen in my swamp castle. Haven't trained it yet because I need some fishmeat.

Oh and somehow all our fish were killed, I have no idea how the shark got into the pen to kill our guys, but it did. I flew over to check it out, expecting the door to be open or the wall smashed, but nope.

Yeah I actually built inside the giant ribcage in Viking Bay, pretty neat spot actually. Never thought about it before but that'd be a good spot on a pvp server because the bones are indestructible.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Anyone notice that ankys are now collecting berries and poo poo with the regular mining swipe? It's annoying as poo poo as I'll take it with my quetz to mine and wind up having to sort through all these dang fruits and throw them away to save weight on the way home.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

nullscan posted:

Anyone notice that ankys are now collecting berries and poo poo with the regular mining swipe? It's annoying as poo poo as I'll take it with my quetz to mine and wind up having to sort through all these dang fruits and throw them away to save weight on the way home.

You can sort quicker with search option. Just search for "berry" or "seed" and dump all.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

twistedmentat posted:

yea Barry is a really handy mount on any map with water

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Thronde posted:

Yeah I actually built inside the giant ribcage in Viking Bay, pretty neat spot actually. Never thought about it before but that'd be a good spot on a pvp server because the bones are indestructible.

Naw, jerks usually fortify the waterfall, just past the land bridge, because beavers spawn there, so the area gets wiped every 3 or 4 days.

The lake area above the waterfall, where we built Lowtax City, is where I had the most solo-pvp success in hiding a base. I’d usually go a week or two before someone would try to crack it, before they would give up.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

SkunkDuster posted:

You can sort quicker with search option. Just search for "berry" or "seed" and dump all.

Hmm, I'll have to try that, don't think I've tried it with dumping, but I know I can't sort and take only the filtered stuff with the 'take all' button.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Is your fish pen the house boat above the cave in viking bay? I saw one of the basilasaurus taking damage there but couldn't see what or where the damage was coming from. His nose was poking out the gate but nothing was in sight.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Salisbury Snape posted:

Is your fish pen the house boat above the cave in viking bay? I saw one of the basilasaurus taking damage there but couldn't see what or where the damage was coming from. His nose was poking out the gate but nothing was in sight.

Ah that must be what happened. Oh well not like Sharks are hard to tame or rare.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

twistedmentat posted:

Ah that must be what happened. Oh well not like Sharks are hard to tame or rare.

They were all level 20 or so. :rip: Theodora.

I can’t tell you how much time I wasted trying to get those dolphins only to have them endlessly murdered by mantas...

Need to circumnavigate the island with the Yacht before we move to Extinction! :pirate:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I Tamed a spino for my water mount. I'm not dissapoint.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
And I got a Bary, which is absolutely badass, and now missing? I was riding her when a lobster knocked me out underwater and I drowned, no death message for the dino, but she's not where I died or anywhere nearby. Just annoying. Like she despawned. So if someone sees a Baryonyx in Viking Bay named Sushi, lemme know.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Salisbury Snape posted:

I Tamed a spino for my water mount. I'm not dissapoint.

I really should I have built my lakehouse somewhere else because by building where I did I eliminated a spawn point for a spino and scorpions. Like the spot of land that sticks out into the lake right across it.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also, we can swap to Extinction whenever, messed around on another server, poo poo's fun but the lag was sure something.

And the Yagrum's server is down?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Thronde posted:

Also, we can swap to Extinction whenever, messed around on another server, poo poo's fun but the lag was sure something.

And the Yagrum's server is down?

There was an update...it should be back up by midnight EST! :f5:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

I really should I have built my lakehouse somewhere else because by building where I did I eliminated a spawn point for a spino and scorpions. Like the spot of land that sticks out into the lake right across it.

Scorps spawn everywhere. And the waterfall ravine has more spinos than you can shake a stick at. Eliminating one spawn is nbd

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Thronde posted:

And I got a Bary, which is absolutely badass, and now missing? I was riding her when a lobster knocked me out underwater and I drowned, no death message for the dino, but she's not where I died or anywhere nearby. Just annoying. Like she despawned. So if someone sees a Baryonyx in Viking Bay named Sushi, lemme know.

I found her and tucked her back to bed in your house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Dinos can get around. I found one of my fliers at the top of the skybox once.