Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skootmofoskoot
Jun 25, 2019
Thst awkward moment when someone thinks a server ban means poo poo 🤣🤣 ok

E: banned from the "sister" server too 😭 nooo not another wack rear end dead server

Skootmofoskoot fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Careful not to cut yourself on all that edge

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love when the game fucks up and only renders ground and Dinos. It is neat to see the map with no water, though fish are still swimming.

I didn't help that when I logged out and then back in to fix it I was in a completely new place and had no idea where my trike had gone. William T Triker Mia.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

FYI the new update that fixed invisible giant spiders and ice wyverns also seems to have made some deinonychus invisible. Just got jumped by three invisible ones at green ob.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What level of rear end in a top hat do you have to be to destroy beds?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

twistedmentat posted:

What level of rear end in a top hat do you have to be to destroy beds?

Depends on where they are, I'd say.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GenericOverusedName posted:

Depends on where they are, I'd say.

Inside my homes. Someone came along and destroyed all 3 I had. Even the hidden one. So now I have a stone box on top of an island in the middle of the beaver lakes because why bother building in a hard to reach place if some griefer is just going to transfer from another server, destroy all my stuff and leave.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh poo poo I finally figured out who you are! I have no idea who did that, I've actually been drop hunting on Rag all weekend. I do have some stuff to get you going though and I might be able to make an indy forge for you so you can get going.

I suggest taking the little metal cave above the waterfall that leads to the Ab cave. It's a nice spot to hide for a bit. Otherwise the Aberration cave is hella spacious and not many people are down there.

E: also no one transferred from another server. Rag is empty and transfers to the old Rag map are off while I figure out wtf to do with it. So it has to be someone that's on the map currently. I can speak for Space Cadets, I know it wasn't them since they're allied with me. Lowkey Mayhem is me and Dank AF. So it has to be one of the other tribes.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 12, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My tribe log says it was just destroyed, not by who. I assumed whomever destroyed it left the server when it says that. I only just got the most basic metal engrams so I am still working just in stone. Though I'd been smelting tons of metal and hoarding cementing paste. The reason I setup in the place I first did was that dead turtles would appear on the beach and that was a good way to get karentin. Also the dead dolphins give organic polymer.

Once i have a pteradon i'll go searching for a better place. Good thing a drop last night gave me a metal axe though.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

No, I'm gonna guess it's because the stupid settings keep reverting and I can't figure out why. I tried fixing that, in the code all the tribe log stuff is on, but it used to do that for the old Rag server too. It'll still say who did it even if they leave the server.

If anyone can tell me why the hell my tribe log settings won't stay put I'd be very thankful.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Tribe log only tells names when they kill a person, a tame, or a raft. Otherwise it doesn't tell. It's a "feature not a bug" situation.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Well gently caress.

I do really enjoy that rafts count as tames. That's kinda cute.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My raft has not been destroyed, but I have no idea where it is.

The only tame that was killed was one of my pteradons and that was by an allosaurus, but the ones I left at my first place are gone.

So finally managed to get a new bird and fly over to the base, it got wrecked, but the log didn't say any of my stuff there was destroyed. Please, whomever is reading this, don't kill my bird, it took way too long to get one tonight.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 13, 2019

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

twistedmentat posted:

My tribe log says it was just destroyed, not by who. I assumed whomever destroyed it left the server when it says that. I only just got the most basic metal engrams so I am still working just in stone. Though I'd been smelting tons of metal and hoarding cementing paste. The reason I setup in the place I first did was that dead turtles would appear on the beach and that was a good way to get karentin. Also the dead dolphins give organic polymer.

Once i have a pteradon i'll go searching for a better place. Good thing a drop last night gave me a metal axe though.

Doors are always the obvious entry point to a base and cost less explosives to pop, drop a dodo or other easy disposable tame inside the door so when they pop it kills the low level tame and gives you a log to the ballsack loving your poo poo.

E. Autocunt ruining my life

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I wish parasaurs had a log so you could see who/what they've recently detected. With how they are now they've been of actual use to me one single time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone tore down all my former bases. I find that amusing, unless it was done to prevent the map from using too many resources putting abandoned structures on it.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I swear it isn't me

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Did the auto-decay get them?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How long does that take?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Honestly I would have to look at Nitrado and do the math. You have to be right next to the foundations or they will start decaying. I know it's more than a week but probably not too long. Two maybe?

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

I think auto-decay says "auto-decay-destroyed" or something like that. Or at least it did.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, its not a big deal because they were abandoned. Just funny someone wasted their time destroying them (if it wasn't the auto decay) when there was nothing in them.

I'm building an army of Carnos right now.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Okay, so does anyone else have an issue where gates open on them while they're offline? I have two gates that I double checked before I logged off. They were closed and locked. I only have one tribe member and he was asleep next to me so he didn't log on in his sleep and leave them open. I got raided because my dumb gates opened while I was offline.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, no problem wrecking my poo poo with a dragon, i only had 2 turrets. plus my birb survived. But wrecking some of my oil pumps, which were unlocked, that's not cool.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

twistedmentat posted:

Well, no problem wrecking my poo poo with a dragon, i only had 2 turrets. plus my birb survived. But wrecking some of my oil pumps, which were unlocked, that's not cool.

Wrecking a public utility is always stupid. I had a lot of fun over the years building things like fishing holes (chair and unlocked chest with fishing supplies in it) and such things, and it's always sad when it's like "someone has C4d a nice thing"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I need to build some fishing holes. As far as I know all the oil rigs are unlocked. Someone blew my roof in the other day and destroyed all four of my tiny guns. They were nice enough to not kill my dinos (or couldn't?)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My army of carnos and terror burbs were all set to aggressive so they at least died defending, which was their duty.

Though my hidden cache wasn't found so I relocated to that location. Though now I have to find a build another one. I think I might build a public greenhouse in the beaver lakes area, if I make the plots unlocked can anyone put fertilizer in it? I've gotten it so many from drops.

I though I had found a perfect place but it wouldn't let me build in the cave.

I discovered that the massed packs of direwolves are still in the rebooted map. I went for the first time int the snow area and out of nowhere a pack of at least 10 appeared and killed me. Also why the hell is their knockback so big?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 21, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is mutton the best taming food for carnivores? At least until I have more prime meat jerky.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

Is mutton the best taming food for carnivores? At least until I have more prime meat jerky.

mutton is generally the best for carnivores other than kibbles

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh I had no idea kibbles worked on things other then herbavors.

Though I have way more meat than kibble.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Who is Butters? Is that a goon? Anyway Dank AF saw someone attacking Butters' base and snipered them until they ran off. It was AlphaOwnsYou and Olaf.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm Butters. I literally couldn't think of a name so j just slapped it on her.

I had so many Raptors and I was going to start breeding ovis's for l the server.

Last time Somone raided me they didn't kill me and left one if my birbs alive.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I think Alpha and Olaf have been hitting everyone. They used c4 on my roof but my theriz saved me by coming in through the hole. They also got one of my guys over on the Rag map, but I don't think they got my base there yet.

Kinda hope they blast my doors open to find my army of high-lvl velos and low-lvl unicorns.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 26, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Scathach posted:

I think Alpha and Olaf have been hitting everyone. They used c4 on my roof but my theriz saved me by coming in through the hole. They also got one of my guys over on the Rag map, but I don't think they got my base there yet.

Kinda hope they blast my doors open to find my army of high-lvl velos and low-lvl unicorns.

I actually built empty rooms above the main part to absorb explosives. I also wanted to put a bunch of argis in there on aggressive so when someone broke it open they'd get swarmed. I think i'm just not going to bother to build turrets because they don't do anything. I had a bunch with ammo and they didn't shoot anyone because you can just fly over and drop c4, and they're not AA guns. Probably better usage building small caches around the map so when my main base gets raided I can just move.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
recently started up scorched earth after my buddy and i got tired of the island - we realized grinding up the high caliber saddles and tames needed to beat dragon and overseer would take literal weeks or months between the two of us, so i just spawned the admin rifle and we were on our way

restarting "from scratch" on scorched earth with level 105 characters has been way more fun than the island has been in weeks

spawn in, immediately die in a 1v1 with a titanboa

spawn in, make a stone pick and immediately die to a sabertooth

spawn in, make a stone pick and hatchet and some spears and a thatch 1-room hut with not bed and get swarmed by daeodons

took us a couple more spawn attempts before we were able to get our initial build going but after that it was lots of fun to rise up the tech tree

our better knowledge of the game meant we actually knew how to use bolas this time, so we found and tamed a 210 direwolf in short order

and within one play session we've got a longneck and tranq darts with 2 argent traps, all in the first 3 in-game days

we love the new dinosaurs and the new mechanics this map introduces

the only thing we still feel really confused about is silica pearls

the wiki says they should be all over the river in the middle of the map but i ran around there for nearly an hour on the direwolf and only found 3 clams

is there some trick for finding them?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I always found them in the southeast part.

Btw if you breed 50-100 dimos and leave them on aggro, they'll be pretty dangerous when someone breaks through. We left some on a beach once and they harassed everyone going down the river for a week. They have such tiny hit boxes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had no idea those were tameable. I saw on one of the Needs vids one of the crew got a dragon age by flying a bunch of ptera on aggro into the trench, letting them attack and distract the dragons while they stole the egg. Once I survive I want to try that out. I basically have ot restart from scratch every sunday, because that seems to be raiding day, and I work sundays so i come home and i'm dead along with all my stuff.

Silica Pearls are the one thing on Val i've had the most issues getting. Becuase I can use both Chiten or Kariten to make cementing past, that's no problem because I can murder turtles for their shells and dead ones spawn along beaches as well. Not to mention dolphins also spawn and they give out organic polymer. Oil, well, we've put open pumps on pretty much all of them on the map so we can get more than enough by sharing.

Pearls, i've found a few places across the map where they spawn, the best place being a lake in the NE of the map, but not the one in the far corner, and along the northern shore of the white cliffs area. At worst you have to deal with mantas and meglos. The problem with the other places is that they tend to have direwolves or carnos running around so you need to be careful with a mount while you go diving. Rag was good because there is a cave in the water in viking bay with literally THOUSANDS of them. On the Steam game, I had nearly 20k because i went in there with scuba and a shark and got lost in the caves for like 2 hours, grabbing all i saw while I tried to find my way out. When i came out I was really far from viking bay.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You're talking about Carnivorous Caverns! I love that place. I have a small base hidden down there (if they didn't find it yet) and I was considering having an admin go in and make it all crazy with colored lights. Could be a very cool underground trading area/arena with prizes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Scathach posted:

You're talking about Carnivorous Caverns! I love that place. I have a small base hidden down there (if they didn't find it yet) and I was considering having an admin go in and make it all crazy with colored lights. Could be a very cool underground trading area/arena with prizes.

On Rag or Val?

And I swear the game is loving with me. The Beaver Lakes near the green ob are absolutely infested with Raptors, and this is supposed to be a low level noob area, but nope, they are everywhere. Every time I KO a Pteradon it spawns about 5 that come and tear it apart. I lost all my mutton.

I also really wish I wasn't hungry every 5 minutes. I'm not even running around or healing.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Carnivorous is on Rag.

You need to cook meat. I didn't think green ob area on Val is a newb area, it has the murder turkeys, raptors, cats, etc. The beach below where you spawn is more newb friendly.