Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

They do respawn. Not sure how long it takes, maybe a day? They will not respawn within 75m of any player created structure including campfires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Did anyone learn the metal spiked wall engram and not be able to build it? Its not in either my personal or smithy table crafting list.

Eclipse456
Jan 31, 2013

Prophecy120 posted:

Did anyone learn the metal spiked wall engram and not be able to build it? Its not in either my personal or smithy table crafting list.

You might have to rebuild the smithy or use a freshly placed one. The new recipes arent being retroactively added for whatever reason.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Prophecy120 posted:

Ya my buddy researched it. Pretty good it seems. Large, does fairly decent damage. Not sure but it may damage walls if you place it too close so be careful.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
They could really stand to tone down the number of large carnivores. Went wandering up and down some of the rivers off the southern coast and it's like you're bumping into a Rex, Carno, or Spino every five feet. At one point, I could get three Spinos on the screen at once. I can understand packs of raptors and Sarcos sprinkling the shores, but large apex predators everywhere? Gets kind of annoying to try to slip past constantly.

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
Hey guys just got this game. How setup are you guys on the goon server?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So I got this game recently and have been lone wolfing it on the goon server for about a week. The first time I logged in I climed a hill and found a settlement in a ravine type deal. So im sneaking around seeing what's up and I find a building that I can get into next to there stables. I get in the door and the server crashes and when I log back in I'm in a mettle cage with like 4 people starting down at me. Now I was in the process of stealing stuff so being locked up was kinda justified,though the DC kinda annoyed me, but I'll be damned if they take me alive so I start punching the walls to kill myself. My captors, wanting to prolong my incarceration, try to knock me out so I can't die but I fight back and kill one of them and proceed to die to there archer.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

They could really stand to tone down the number of large carnivores. Went wandering up and down some of the rivers off the southern coast and it's like you're bumping into a Rex, Carno, or Spino every five feet. At one point, I could get three Spinos on the screen at once. I can understand packs of raptors and Sarcos sprinkling the shores, but large apex predators everywhere? Gets kind of annoying to try to slip past constantly.

It's pretty much random chance what dinos you have in a region from what I can tell. I've found plenty of areas when roaming with no carnivores at all. This is especially true since carnivores will eat other carnivores and herbivores if their hunger meter gets too low.

Granted, Spinosaurs are terrifying locusts at the moment. Goons last night were saying that they were devouring everything they came into contact with. That they're basically the most well rounded carnivore for killing and hunting stuff in the game at the moment probably helps them do that too.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 13, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

orangelex44 posted:

spoiling timer exploit fixed, don't forget that in the notes

I was doing the exploit last night. You mean splitting up a stack of 20 thats about to spoil into singles that spoil? That still works like a charm, unless there was some other exploit. Is there anything a Scorpion mount CAN'T do? As long as I can hit them a certain number of times I can just run away until they fall down. If I ever came across someone on a scorpion mount I think my only chance would be to have a gun and headshot that dude before he gets to me because if he hits me once I'm probably done for. If you focus on increasing the Melee Damage of the scorpion it makes his sting take a SHITLOAD of torpor. I think if you level him enough you will probably be able to take out the average player with one sting.

A proper base defense of leveled scorpions strategically placed indoors to be released in the case of a breach would probably be a very effective defense. Their weakness is their somewhat slow speed which makes them vulnerable to ranged. I have yet to ride a raptor around but I can't imagine the raptor being even MORE vicious.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 13, 2015

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
And I can't log on again. Plus in the split second before it disconnected me I heard what I thought sounded like an angry dinosaur.

Hopefully I didn't get bugged out of the tribe again. :stonk:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Archonex posted:

It's pretty much random chance what dinos you have in a region from what I can tell. I've found plenty of areas when roaming with no carnivores at all. This is especially true since carnivores will eat other carnivores and herbivores if their hunger meter gets too low.

Certain creatures don't appear anywhere. For instance there's not a single sabertooth or mammoth in the south. Only recently have I been seeing the croc things. No eagles at all. I think theres actually quite a few creatures I just haven't seen at all and I've been playing for like 80 hours.

quote is not edit :(

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 13, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

ScorpioMajesty posted:

So I got this game recently and have been lone wolfing it on the goon server for about a week. The first time I logged in I climed a hill and found a settlement in a ravine type deal. So im sneaking around seeing what's up and I find a building that I can get into next to there stables. I get in the door and the server crashes and when I log back in I'm in a mettle cage with like 4 people starting down at me. Now I was in the process of stealing stuff so being locked up was kinda justified,though the DC kinda annoyed me, but I'll be damned if they take me alive so I start punching the walls to kill myself. My captors, wanting to prolong my incarceration, try to knock me out so I can't die but I fight back and kill one of them and proceed to die to there archer.

What's your name in game? Mine's Snake. I've been doing exactly the same thing as you, only I've been hangin down south because I remade my character for a more movement speed oriented build (which is AWESOME by the way). I don't really want to join up with a big group just yet because I'm still in the stage of the game where I don't know much about it and everything is super interesting. But I would love to partner up with someone who is interested in trying to bust into some bases. I'm only level 14 right now.

Is one of you tumblr hottie or something of that nature? You found my poorly hidden stash of goods that I stole from cpdirtymike's base. I didn't have a base yet and there was just so much that I couldn't figure out how to haul it all. So I put a bunch of boxes in some seaweed temporarily while I tried to tame some dinos to help me caravan it somewhere, but I guess I didn't hide it well enough. Carry weight is another big thing that makes stealing things from bases difficult. I had to get in and out of that guys base like 10 loving times. I guess I just have to strategically hide some tamed dinos nearby as like a getaway car.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What's your name in game? Mine's Snake. I've been doing exactly the same thing as you, only I've been hangin down south because I remade my character for a more movement speed oriented build (which is AWESOME by the way). I don't really want to join up with a big group just yet because I'm still in the stage of the game where I don't know much about it and everything is super interesting. But I would love to partner up with someone who is interested in trying to bust into some bases. I'm only level 14 right now.

Is one of you tumblr hottie or something of that nature? You found my poorly hidden stash of goods that I stole from cpdirtymike's base. I didn't have a base yet and there was just so much that I couldn't figure out how to haul it all. So I put a bunch of boxes in some seaweed temporarily while I tried to tame some dinos to help me caravan it somewhere, but I guess I didn't hide it well enough. Carry weight is another big thing that makes stealing things from bases difficult. I had to get in and out of that guys base like 10 loving times. I guess I just have to strategically hide some tamed dinos nearby as like a getaway car.

My name is SkeleTom in game. I'm freakishly tall and skinny and eat people constantly. I would have no problems paling around with you if we cross paths a roving duo of bandidoes sounds fun. When do you usually play?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So new story. I was roaming aroundin the middle of the map hunting peeps for choice people meet when I happened apon a hut in the jungle, it didn't seem like much at first but I could hear two little lunch meats talking inside. It was a wood hut so breaking down the door would be hard and fighting 2 on 1 is not smart but I noticed a rock that spawned next to the hut that I could climb to get on top,which is were my evil mind started working out a plan. I hit a steggo and a carno that were in the area and jumped on the roof of the hut. The 2 dinos then proceeded to destroy the hut to get to me, killing the tasty treats inside in the process! I then ran as far as I could away so I wouldn't die and when I returned I collected my human flesh and skedadled my rear end out of there. It was delicious.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is there a dinosaur that you can ride around to harvest wood? I was briefly super happy when I realised my triceratops could harvest trees but the dopey fucker only collects thatch. :smith:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I think the Mammoths are the best, though any large herbie like Stego/Bronto should work, just not as well.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 13, 2015

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Is there a dinosaur that you can ride around to harvest wood? I was briefly super happy when I realised my triceratops could harvest trees but the dopey fucker only collects thatch. :smith:

Can't stegos collect wood? And I've heard people talk about deforesting entire areas with a bronto.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
So after being punted so far down a gently sloping hill by a trike that I died to fall damage and then again to a Spino camping my bed I'm thinking of hoping over to 40 to join the group. Solo play is fun but it seems like after level 25 or so having a real base is a lot more important.

Can I just jump in mumble and find you guys, or is tribe full or what?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
To the people who've been asking about the goons on 40: your best bet is just to jump on mumble and ask, there's basically always someone on and typically we're kind enough that someone will aim you in the right direction or come to collect you. We're pretty well set up, but I'm not going to give specifics of where or how because of dastardly spies :catstare: - we're in the southish of the map and have a good amount of dinos, defenses, and resources. We're almost starting the process of beginning to coordinate a little bit at times too!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So I mentioned it in mumble but the devs are looking into the "kicked on logging into the cave" issue. Apparently a lot of people have a similar issue.

If you're looking to give them feedback they left an email address in this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/615086038683129499/#p2

I'd also recommend keeping the topic bumped since they may get side tracked with other issues.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Story time again! So to set this up I should probably say that my last two storeys were not on my current character. They were on my first character Biggie-Talls. So I had just started my new character and was debating wether or not to be a canable this time so I found a group of newbies to follow around while I contomplat my existence. They were all brand new and didn't know how the game worked at all so I went hunting for them and brought back some meat. There were 3 of them but the first one that was dieing from starvation ate a raw meat and died in seconds. So I took the meat back from her and thought "you know what? She's dead. There's no harm in not wasting meat. And besides one little bite won't send me spiraling down this rabbit hole again! " so I butchered her which got no response from the other 2 so what ever. So I knocked out a velociraptor later on and decided to tame it. I had some of my original meat and my late companion so why not? One of my renaming companions wanted to help so we went gathering meat. He got killed fighting a steggo but his loss was not in vain. After I was done feeding Valicity "my raptor" my helper I ran out of meat so I went to ask my last companion for some because I gave him the original meat. He was of by himself over by a lit fire but he was laying down so I thought he logged off but when I got closer I discovered that he was dead too. .. all the meat was cooked and in his inventory so how he died is a mystery but what the hell! Rabbit hole successfully descended! After I was done taming Valicity we were attacked by a carno and died so carma I guess. ..

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 13, 2015

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Story time again! So to set this up I should probably say that my last two storeys were not on my current character. They were on my first character Biggie-Talls. So I had just started my new character and was debating wether or not to be a canable this time so I found a group of newbies to follow around while I contomplat my existence. They were all brand new and didn't know how the game worked at all so I went hunting for them and brought back some meat. There were 3 of them but the first one that was dieing from starvation ate a raw meat and died in seconds. So I took the meat back from her and thought "you know what? She's dead. There's no harm in not wasting meat. And besides one little bite won't send me spiraling down this rabbit hole again! " so I butchered her which got no response from the other 2 so what ever. So I knocked out a velociraptor later on and decided to tame it. I had some of my original meat and my late companion so why not? One of my renaming companions wanted to help so we went gathering meat. He got killed fighting a steggo but his loss was not in vain. After I was done feeding Valicity "my raptor" my helper I ran out of meat so I went to ask my last companion for some because I gave him the original meat. He was of by himself over by a lit fire but he was laying down so I thought he logged off but when I got closer I discovered that he was dead too. .. all the meat was cooked and in his inventory so how he died is a mystery but what the hell! Rabbit hole successfully descended! After I was done taming Valicity we were attacked by a carno and died so carma I guess. ..

:psyboom:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Role-playing as a weird cannibal is normal

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
It may be normal but it's still fun.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

sushibandit posted:

Can't stegos collect wood? And I've heard people talk about deforesting entire areas with a bronto.

Brontos get mostly thatch, Mammoth is the best for wood gathering, it also gathers berries pretty quickly and carries a ton too.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So how is this game?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Internet Explorer posted:

So how is this game?

It's ok still early-access and not even close to done but fun none the less. Watch some YouTube videos to see if it's something you don't mind spending 27 bucks on.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Pilchenstein posted:

Anklyos, stegos and i think brontos all mainly get thatch, working as a pick.

Mammuth seem to be the only one working like a hatchet right now, getting mainly wood.
Oh and sabercats. They seem to get a shitload of hide/keratin etc.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Celebrate victory with us friends over our mortal enemy Uncle Moe Lester. Ragequit 6/13/15. Never forget. Thank you Moe for smelting all our ingots for us and making pikes.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Strotski posted:

How much will an Early Access cost?
25$

Oh boy was I ever pleased when I went to look at the game during the steam sale and lo and behold : IT'S ON SALE! Only $25 to play in the early access :shepface:

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Givin posted:

Celebrate victory with us friends over our mortal enemy Uncle Moe Lester. Ragequit 6/13/15. Never forget. Thank you Moe for smelting all our ingots for us and making pikes.

har

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Holy hell I've been unable to get on all drat day. They really need to move the server cap from 70 to 100.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ingame login queues, like an MMO, would also help.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So much fun with Goons

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Has anyone tried making a combat oriented herbivore? I ask because I just discovered today that one point in HP for an anklyosaur is worth around 220HP. And this thing is pretty hilarious at bullying the more beginner stuff. I've had wild raptors come up to me only to die in two hits. The hard part would be their collectively slow speed admittedly.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

JuffoWup posted:

Has anyone tried making a combat oriented herbivore? I ask because I just discovered today that one point in HP for an anklyosaur is worth around 220HP. And this thing is pretty hilarious at bullying the more beginner stuff. I've had wild raptors come up to me only to die in two hits. The hard part would be their collectively slow speed admittedly.

I think they're solid choices in combat. You've already identified the downside, which is their slow speed, but they're plenty durable. The dossiers even remark that herbivores are used for combat in ~~the lore~~.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

is there no way to talk to people in your direct vicinity if you don't have a mic or using signs like wile e coyote?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Next patch is buffing trikes and stegos, who was talking about combat herbivores?

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Annoyingly there is now a bug where I can't log in if my body is anywhere near the cave. Quite annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

quote:

- Trikes now have 25 percent more hp and thirty percent more damage
- Stegos buffed 10 percent more dmg and fifteen percent more HP

Wow. Dunno much about Stegos, but Trikes have treated me pretty well. Those buffs only make them even better.