Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
This game uses 4GB of RAM.

LOL it needs some serious, serious optimization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Jumped into single player and decided to punch a tree for some thatch and wood. Accidentally gave a Triceratops a right hook as he was walking by.

Ended up knocking him the gently caress out somehow. I took his meat and hide with my bare hands.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Should probably password the goon server given how many people are trying to join any public server and crashing them.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Will try and sort server in 4-5 hours, if no one else will set up one by that time
Honestly hoping for some sort of documentation, tried everything at this point, it just leaks ram and then crashes

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
someone make a server already

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I'll do ANYTHINg for dinosaurs

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The devs are on the case and hopefully will unfuck the server software soon.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
When I first saw the trailer for Stomping Land, I knew I wanted that game. Then it turned out to be a lie. Then this game appears and seems to be everything Stomping Land claimed to be plus a million.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
- 20 fps no matter what i set graphics to and the game looks like absolute unplayable rear end on low because you can't disable post-processing or shadows
- you can't climb up hills

- every server is full and i randomly disconnect from a server if i actually manage to join it, and i can't host one
- volume settings don't do anything on the main menu???

well i'm having fun but i hope they fix their game this week :)

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Yeah these guys seem to be on the ball.

A guy who hangs out with me and my buddies on Teamspeak had been gone for a long time, popped up recently. He apparently was working on this game in a technical art position. You can thank him for the quick fix of starting singleplayer with rocket launchers and grenades.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i restarted steam but do not have the promised singleplayer

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i have singleplayer.
i attempted to join a server, connected and got the loading screen, and then was disconnected immediately because it filled up while i was loading. so now i will play SP

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arthil posted:

Yeah these guys seem to be on the ball.

Yeah, the streamers from yesterday said the devs had released something like 9 patches during that single 24-hour period getting read for Early Access.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
If you have trouble loading SP, just give it ten or fifteen minutes to do whatever the gently caress its optimized rear end has to do. It'll load eventually.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

http://arkservers.net/

you can queue for a server here using the steam browser.

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009
I can see this game turning to poo poo once the people who play RUST jump ship and ruin this game with hacks.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I killed a Dodo, tried to drag the body closer to my fire, and then the body began to orbit my character at high speeds.

Also heard in Mumble:

"I think I'm going to drown. Oh, there's something swimming toward me! I think I'm going to die before it gets here, though..."

*a moment later*

"It was a shark."

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Punching a bronto in the rear end to give it a sore rear end

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Orcrez posted:

I can see this game turning to poo poo once the people who play RUST jump ship and ruin this game with hacks.

It's all serverside. Which will be crappy for fps elements but significantly harder to hack as anything that the server decides doesn't make any drat sense it ignores.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Honestly this is the first early acces survival game that feels finished. I'll check it out again in 4-5 weeks once some optimization has taken place, but it's great so far.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Found some T-rex on the beach, tried to punch them, died.

10/10 best game

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Singleplayer works, and is good.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
It offends me that you can only punch dino faces. It seems like hitting them from any other angle does no damage. Maybe certain hitboxes, like on Dilos and the big turtles, are hosed up.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Monowhatever posted:

Found some T-rex on the beach, tried to punch them, died.

10/10 best game

do you have night vision?

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Zeike posted:

do you have night vision?

Nope I haven't messed with the brightness at all yet though

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
Looking forward to hopping on and getting eaten by dinosaurs with goons later tonight.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
Just got it and had to turn off motion blur. I can deal with choppy or low frame rate, but the blur is nauseating. Other than that looks pretty nice.

Should be nice once they get the server side junk fixed.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

stole bronto eggs... it was pissed

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

queeb posted:

stole bronto eggs... it was pissed

that actually looks p cool

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Zeike posted:

that actually looks p cool

honestly I can see a ton of potential. Game needs a ton of optimizing, but I met 3 random guys on an official server, ended up killing some dinos and made a tribe, just built a bed that acts as a spawn point. Had a seriously fun few hours.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
whoaa this game is really unoptimized

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

what server are most of the goons playing on now?

edit in case anyone is wondering: http://arkservers.net/server/5.189.181.254:7777

dominoeffect fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 3, 2015

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

this has been updated now: https://survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Create_an_ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Dedicated_Server_Guide

quote:

Create a batch file named ARK.bat in your newly created SteamCMD folder (Step 1) or your Steam common folder (Step 1: (alternate method)).
Place the following code in this batch file:

start ShooterGameServer.exe "../../../ShooterGame/ShooterGame.uproject" "/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?QueryPort=27115?SessionName=SURVIVALSERVERS?MaxPlayers=127?listen?ServerPassword=MYPASSWORD?ServerAdminPassword=MYPASSWORD" -nosteamclient -game -server -log

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
This game seems neat in that unlike most survival games, it doesn't put in a bunch of poo poo to make things harder for the sake of being harder. I like that there is a clan grouping system that helps control spawns

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I spent most of my time sneaking around at night with a spear, looking for campfires, and then murdering all the inhabitants of said campfires when they had their backs turned or were doing something and took all their poo poo. Was pretty fun.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
spears are stupid. gently caress them. yeah let me have an epic dice roll and it broke on the first hit... woot

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Was somebody saying that Lirik guy was a professional streamer?

I've only been watching him for about 5 minute so far, but he already comes off as a giant rear end in a top hat.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Was somebody saying that Lirik guy was a professional streamer?

I've only been watching him for about 5 minute so far, but he already comes off as a giant rear end in a top hat.

That is what "Professional" streamers are.

The Requirements to go pro are:

- Be bad at all video games
- Be stupid bad at video games
- Act like a child
- Talk about topics you have no loving clue about

dominoeffect posted:

what server are most of the goons playing on now?

edit in case anyone is wondering: http://arkservers.net/server/5.189.181.254:7777

Can anyone vouch that this is online and we are playing here?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Which one of these streamers has the least distracting personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

YANSEE posted:

Which one of these streamers has the least distracting personality

I Like these guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4o1ED0xMiw

I don't know if BroTeamPill is doing a run at it yet but they are another comical group.